Page 208 of 238

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:20 pm
by Mafro
Always forget Natalie Dormer is in it as well.

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:18 pm
by SerialCeler
I would say Doctor Strange is my least favourite, although the ending was very clever.

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:22 pm
by FatDaz
SerialCeler wrote:I would say Doctor Strange is my least favourite, although the ending was very clever.


This was a bizarre one because MCU states they were done with origin films before this came out and then went and made a formulaic origin film.

Still enjoyed it though, even if they wasted mads
and chiwetel in small roles

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:24 pm
by Buffalo
Mordo’s will get substantially bigger...

Re: [MCU Thread] X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool are coming home!

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:34 pm
by lex-man
Corazon de Leon wrote:There's a strong argument, I think, for the first Cap being the best of the three - it's certainly the one that is least encumbered by the mythology of the MCU.

Mafro wrote:
lex-man wrote:What do people think the worst Marvel movie is? I'd vote for the second Avenger's movies personally but I think I've missed a load.

Hulk. That one always gets forgotten about because it was so long ago.


Which one? The Bana Hulk isn't part of the MCU(to the best of my knowledge), Incredible Hulk was a soft reboot, that I'd agree is one of the weakest MCU films. Along with Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World.

The weakest film based on a Marvel IP is the 2015 Fantastic Four reboot IMO, followed swiftly by Elektra, Punisher: War Zone, Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and Blade Trinity. I will note though, that I strawberry floating love both Ghost Rider films and Blade Trinity because they're pulpy and fun. "Cock juggling thunder banana split" is a line that is second in genius only to, "Some mummy strawberry floaters always trying to ice skate up hill," in Marvel films.

Matt Salinger's Captain America is so bad it's incredible, as is the Lundgren Punisher and David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury movie. :lol:

Has anyone seen the unreleased 90s FF film? Is it good?

As a post-script, I do genuinely think that the majority of people will look back on the era of Marvel films dominating the box office with fondness; as far as summer blockbuster films go, I think there's a lot to love about the vast majority of them, and a spark that you don't find in the Jurassic Worlds or Fast/Furious films of this world.


I think we were talking about the Marvel Studio films as they are generally agreed to be good. So the soft reboot Hulk movie.

Is the F4 reboot worse than Elektra. I can't believe it would be as bad as the 2 early 2000's F4 movies!

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:40 pm
by Cheeky Devlin
I find the 2 prior FF movies to be entertaining fluff, but little beyond that. I like to watch them every few years just to remind myself that they're not entirely rubbish, but they're still not good.

The most recent one is a train wreck. Utter trash and has no redeeming features at all.

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:42 pm
by Hyperion
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor 2

Re: [MCU Thread] X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool are coming home!

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:57 pm
by Corazon de Leon
lex-man wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:There's a strong argument, I think, for the first Cap being the best of the three - it's certainly the one that is least encumbered by the mythology of the MCU.

Mafro wrote:
lex-man wrote:What do people think the worst Marvel movie is? I'd vote for the second Avenger's movies personally but I think I've missed a load.

Hulk. That one always gets forgotten about because it was so long ago.


Which one? The Bana Hulk isn't part of the MCU(to the best of my knowledge), Incredible Hulk was a soft reboot, that I'd agree is one of the weakest MCU films. Along with Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World.

The weakest film based on a Marvel IP is the 2015 Fantastic Four reboot IMO, followed swiftly by Elektra, Punisher: War Zone, Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and Blade Trinity. I will note though, that I strawberry floating love both Ghost Rider films and Blade Trinity because they're pulpy and fun. "Cock juggling thunder banana split" is a line that is second in genius only to, "Some mummy strawberry floaters always trying to ice skate up hill," in Marvel films.

Matt Salinger's Captain America is so bad it's incredible, as is the Lundgren Punisher and David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury movie. :lol:

Has anyone seen the unreleased 90s FF film? Is it good?

As a post-script, I do genuinely think that the majority of people will look back on the era of Marvel films dominating the box office with fondness; as far as summer blockbuster films go, I think there's a lot to love about the vast majority of them, and a spark that you don't find in the Jurassic Worlds or Fast/Furious films of this world.


I think we were talking about the Marvel Studio films as they are generally agreed to be good. So the soft reboot Hulk movie.

Is the F4 reboot worse than Elektra. I can't believe it would be as bad as the 2 early 2000's F4 movies!


It’s appalling. Honestly, at least Elektra is a bit camp.

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:02 pm
by lex-man
Electa is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:38 pm
by PatSharpsMullet
Fantastic Four is one of the dullest films ever. Nothing interesting happens until about 10 minutes from the end when the fight against Doctor Doom starts, which is quite possibly the worst big (if you can call it that) fight scene (if you can call it that) in any comic book movie ever. I'm glad I didn't pay anything to see it as it's a steaming pile of gooseberry fool.

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:16 pm
by FatDaz
PatSharpsMullet wrote:Fantastic Four is one of the dullest films ever. Nothing interesting happens until about 10 minutes from the end when the fight against Doctor Doom starts, which is quite possibly the worst big (if you can call it that) fight scene (if you can call it that) in any comic book movie ever. I'm glad I didn't pay anything to see it as it's a steaming pile of gooseberry fool.


The most pointless remake ever. Does nothing new or interesting and what changes it does make are stupid. Again they just don’t get Doom and the action scenes are both very limited but also boring.

A film should only be made if it has something to say and this doesn’t.

Don’t get me started on the cheesy lines either, torn between grim dark serious tone and awful dialogue. At least the 2000’s FF played up to the cheerful cheesy tone.

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 pm
by BID0
Mafro wrote:
Buffalo wrote:
BID0 wrote:
Buffalo wrote:Can’t agree with the first Cap movie being deemed as average or formulaic. Probably one of my favourites.

This. It's my fav Phase 1 movie and one of my favs in general. I wish we got another in that era :(


Tommy Lee Jones is just brilliant in that movie. Hugo Weaving, Toby Jones...just class.

Hayley Atwell :datass:

Best character in the MCU :wub:

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:46 pm
by BID0
'The Incredible Hulk' Getting 4K Ultra HD Release


Liv Tyler :wub: I hope she is back for Infinity War

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/02/ ... HD-bluray/


Joins Guardians 2, Homecoming and Ragnarok as 4K releases.

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:27 am
by Corazon de Leon
BID0 wrote:'The Incredible Hulk' Getting 4K Ultra HD Release


Liv Tyler :wub: I hope she is back for Infinity War

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/02/ ... HD-bluray/


Joins Guardians 2, Homecoming and Ragnarok as 4K releases.


Why is this film out of all of them getting a 4K re-release? :lol:

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 pm
by Hyperion
Corazon de Leon wrote:
BID0 wrote:'The Incredible Hulk' Getting 4K Ultra HD Release


Liv Tyler :wub: I hope she is back for Infinity War

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/02/ ... HD-bluray/


Joins Guardians 2, Homecoming and Ragnarok as 4K releases.


Why is this film out of all of them getting a 4K re-release? :lol:


Universal

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:47 pm
by skarmachild
Hawkeye needs an upgrade not a death. He's so loveable in A2 - everyone hated that scene but it was the nicest scene in a far-too-overstuffed film. Hawkeye & Wife 4eva

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:53 am
by Hexx

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:37 am
by Cheeky Devlin
How spoilery is this trailer do we think? Does it give away any/much more than the first one?

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:43 am
by Hexx
Cheeky Devlin wrote:How spoilery is this trailer do we think? Does it give away any/much more than the first one?


It's only a 30 second short.

I'd say in terms of plot it gives away slightly less (it's basically just lots of shots, some of which you seem before, to dramatic climatic music) - but not much at all

Re: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p206

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:45 am
by Cheeky Devlin
Cool. I'll watch it in a bit then.