Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Garth of Christmas Future
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Garth of Christmas Future » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:30 am


:cry:

User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Eat it Harvey » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:49 am

Well this is bullshit.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist were disappointing but I could deal with it, but Daredevil was by far the best show they had. If it's not safe then nothing is.

Safe to say Jessica Jones and Punisher are screwed after their next seasons as well then.

I really hope this is just Marvel and Netflix genuinely not able to come to some arrangement, and not Disney being dicks and pulling strings to stop everything that's not on their own streaming service.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:53 am

I'd only just started watching S3 as well. :cry:

I hope they live on in some form. If Disney are planning on bringing things over to their own platform then that's a bit of a shitty move but if that keeps the shows going then I'll still be down with it.

ImageImage
User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Eat it Harvey » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:13 am

Jenuall wrote:I'd only just started watching S3 as well. :cry:

I hope they live on in some form. If Disney are planning on bringing things over to their own platform then that's a bit of a shitty move but if that keeps the shows going then I'll still be down with it.

I'm not holding my breath. :cry:

While I'm hoping their Loki and Scarlet Witch shows are decent I'm going to miss the Netflix stuff which (While it's had it's ups and downs) has been my favourite comic book TV stuff.

I just find it astonishing that (mostly) well written stuff like this gets cancelled while network dross like the DC shows keep on churning out seasons.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Floex » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:15 am

Difference is Marvel care about their IPs.

User avatar
D_C
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by D_C » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:23 am

The way it sounds is that Netflix have cancelled it, but still own the rights that particular story so if Disney want it, they have to reboot.

I hope we get JJ then Punisher and maybe a better season of Defenders to end it?

User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Eat it Harvey » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:38 pm

The thing that annoys me most about it is that even if Disney bring the characters to their Streaming service, it's going to be aimed at the 15-16 year old market isn't it? We're not going to get something like Punisher or Jessica Jones, or even some of Daredevil at that age-rating.

It's a shame because one of the things I liked was that Netflix could do some of the more adult storylines that a Network based show, or a movie, wouldn't touch.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:The thing that annoys me most about it is that even if Disney bring the characters to their Streaming service, it's going to be aimed at the 15-16 year old market isn't it? We're not going to get something like Punisher or Jessica Jones, or even some of Daredevil at that age-rating.

It's a shame because one of the things I liked was that Netflix could do some of the more adult storylines that a Network based show, or a movie, wouldn't touch.

Disney now owns a gooseberry fool tonne of content that they are going to be putting on their new streaming service, there will be plenty of more mature stuff that means these shows could still fit in nicely. They may well still end up bringing the rating down on things they do in the future but it's certainly not a foregone conclusion.

Disney hasn't been just cartoons for kids for a very long time now.

ImageImage
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by BID0 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Shield has been pretty dark, darker than Netflix at some points. And as Jenuall says, a lot of the FOX stuff isn't exactly baby friendly so unless they're not going to utilise all of that IP then they will have to have some kind of child lock on the service.

Deadpool 2 has a PG friendly cut out over Christmas. Maybe that's a test for babyfying IP for Disney.

User avatar
Ruud Gullit Sitting On A Shed
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Brighton

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Ruud Gullit Sitting On A Shed » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:40 pm

BID0 wrote:Shield has been pretty dark, darker than Netflix at some points. And as Jenuall says, a lot of the FOX stuff isn't exactly baby friendly so unless they're not going to utilise all of that IP then they will have to have some kind of child lock on the service.

Deadpool 2 has a PG friendly cut out over Christmas. Maybe that's a test for babyfying IP for Disney.

The BBFC have given it a 15 rating.

Image
User avatar
Satan's Claws
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Kelty, scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Satan's Claws » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:36 pm

This is the first time I have ever called Netflix sheer,utter banana splits.

Rapidly-greying is SHITE at games
User avatar
Garth of Christmas Future
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Garth of Christmas Future » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:57 am



User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:02 pm

Such gooseberry fool news.

I’ve no idea what the viewing figures were like but surely they weren’t so bad that they needed to cancel everything.

User avatar
Meep In Heavenly Peace
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Meep In Heavenly Peace » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:21 pm

Netflix are really bad with cancelling things the moment their popularity drops. They don't seem to realise that shows like Daredevil are one of the key reasons certain groups of people subscribe to their service at all, so cancelling them can risk losing subcribers regardless of what else they have on the platform. Instead they spend huge amounts comissions massive volumes of content in a kind of scattergun attempt and hope quanitty will make up for quality.

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by That's not a growth » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:46 pm

I'm gutted about daredevil being scraped. At least there's one more punisher to look forward to, unless I'm mistaken.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:50 pm

Have they said anything about The Defenders? Maybe they’ll continue the stories under that show?

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Meep wrote:Netflix are really bad with cancelling things the moment their popularity drops. They don't seem to realise that shows like Daredevil are one of the key reasons certain groups of people subscribe to their service at all, so cancelling them can risk losing subcribers regardless of what else they have on the platform. Instead they spend huge amounts comissions massive volumes of content in a kind of scattergun attempt and hope quanitty will make up for quality.

Yep, it's such a weird system to apply snap decision making to as well.

I subscribe to Netflix because it retains content I want and I can view things when I want to - just because it's taken me this long to get round to watching DD3 doesn't mean I'm not into it and want them to drop the show.

Being able to take your time to watch something at your own convenience is a strength of the service but they are using it as a stick to beat content producers and consumers with.

ImageImage
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by BID0 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:31 am

PatSharpsMullet wrote:
BID0 wrote:Shield has been pretty dark, darker than Netflix at some points. And as Jenuall says, a lot of the FOX stuff isn't exactly baby friendly so unless they're not going to utilise all of that IP then they will have to have some kind of child lock on the service.

Deadpool 2 has a PG friendly cut out over Christmas. Maybe that's a test for babyfying IP for Disney.

The BBFC have given it a 15 rating.

Damn I don't know where I had read that then :oops:

Moggy wrote:Have they said anything about The Defenders? Maybe they’ll continue the stories under that show?

That was the first to be "cancelled". It was only ever booked for 1 Season.

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by That's not a growth » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:16 am

BID0 wrote:
PatSharpsMullet wrote:
BID0 wrote:Shield has been pretty dark, darker than Netflix at some points. And as Jenuall says, a lot of the FOX stuff isn't exactly baby friendly so unless they're not going to utilise all of that IP then they will have to have some kind of child lock on the service.

Deadpool 2 has a PG friendly cut out over Christmas. Maybe that's a test for babyfying IP for Disney.

The BBFC have given it a 15 rating.

Damn I don't know where I had read that then :oops:

People were expecting it to get a 12A before it was announced since it was aiming for a PG13 in the States, and the whole point is for it to reach a larger audience.

User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix - Daredevil cancelled
by OrangeReindeer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:31 am

I finished S3 on Saturday and it was fantastic

Baffling that they'd cancel it after such a return to form. They'd probably try and blame me for not binging it as soon as it got released :lol:


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests