Marvel Shows on Netflix

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by TigaSefi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Didn’t like DD3 that much. Can’t put my finger on it but some of the exposition parts were doing my head in. Overall I think I am done with superheroes in general.

Image
1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by KjGarly » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:34 pm

Think it's been awesome since episodes 4 onwards, watched up to 7 or 8 last night.

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by Moggy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:37 pm

Just finished Daredevil S3. The first few episodes dragged a little, but overall it was a fantastic season.

Hopefully it doesn’t get cancelled, it’d be a shame not to see what happens next.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by Rex Kramer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:52 pm

After just finishing up S3 of Daredevil, I'm kind of the opposite Moggy. I think it's a good place to finish and I'd maybe be happy not to see any further Daredevil series at least for a while. Fisk was brilliant, they couldn't really bring him back and any other adversary would be a pale shadow.

I'd be keen on seeing Bullseye though in a Punisher series but I guess S2 of that is already wrapped up.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by Moggy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:58 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:After just finishing up S3 of Daredevil, I'm kind of the opposite Moggy. I think it's a good place to finish and I'd maybe be happy not to see any further Daredevil series at least for a while. Fisk was brilliant, they couldn't really bring him back and any other adversary would be a pale shadow.


It'd be easy to bring Fisk back. Kill off Vanessa, Fisk escapes from prison to seek revenge, Daredevil goes after him.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by Rex Kramer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Moggy wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:After just finishing up S3 of Daredevil, I'm kind of the opposite Moggy. I think it's a good place to finish and I'd maybe be happy not to see any further Daredevil series at least for a while. Fisk was brilliant, they couldn't really bring him back and any other adversary would be a pale shadow.


It'd be easy to bring Fisk back. Kill off Vanessa, Fisk escapes from prison to seek revenge, Daredevil goes after him.

I just don't think they could top S3 Fisk, it was so good.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by Moggy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:After just finishing up S3 of Daredevil, I'm kind of the opposite Moggy. I think it's a good place to finish and I'd maybe be happy not to see any further Daredevil series at least for a while. Fisk was brilliant, they couldn't really bring him back and any other adversary would be a pale shadow.


It'd be easy to bring Fisk back. Kill off Vanessa, Fisk escapes from prison to seek revenge, Daredevil goes after him.

I just don't think they could top S3 Fisk, it was so good.


I am not sure they could top it, but they could mix it up. Rather than Fisk trying to pretend to be an upstanding member of the community, S4 could have him as an outright criminal lord. Technically on the run, but so powerful that the police/FBI are too afraid to storm his fortress to get him and then the Punisher returns to put Fisk in his sights....

They definitely set up a S4 with getting Foggy and Matt back together as partners, with Fisk heading back to jail (“No prison can hold me!”) and with Bullseye getting an upgrade.

Although if Netflix are unhappy with viewing figures (and with Iron Fist and Luke Cage getting cancelled), I wonder if rather than individual seasons for each character, it’ll just be a general Marvel TV show with each character popping up as needed.

User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by Meep » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Just finished Daredevil S3, a really great show. The way they finished things off I really wouldn't be too upset if it was the final season as it seems to be a fitting ending to the saga thus far with Matt and Fogg back working together, Kingpin seemingly permanently dealt with and the red suit more or less retired. Although it does leave room for another run.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by OrangeRKN » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:44 am

Started watching Daredevil S3 last night and watched 5 episodes, no one told me this was the best marvel netflix show since the original daredevil.

The fight scenes and choreography are fantastic, and there are some excellent long shots and general directing. My highlights so far have been the ambush on Fisk all filmed from in his car and the prison escape.

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by Garth » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:30 am

Yeah I really enjoyed season 3 too, Fisk is a fantastic villain.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel Shows on Netflix
by OrangeRKN » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:48 pm

I just read up on the prison scene and it was just under 11 minutes in one single take (no hidden cuts or spliced footage).

That's goddamn incredible. I watched through it again and it's up there with Children of Men for me.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IAmTheSaladMan, massimo, Oblomov Boblomov, Snowcannon and 56 guests