MMAYAV?- The End - Alt accounts now BANNED!

Our best bits.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Tomous » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:36 pm

[iup=3552982]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:Don't get upset just because you failed to act upon it. The fact that the vampires weren't killing anyone on that list should have rung alarm bells.
Anyway the humans still won.


I'm not upset that we failed to act on a list of names you just plucked out of the air-it was just a coincedence there were vampires there :lol:
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Tomous » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:37 pm

[iup=3552993]Memento Mori[/iup] wrote:Out of interest, was it obvious I was making most of the stuff up as I went along? There was little real planning involved on my end.



Not at all, I thought you'd planned it out carefully!
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Hyperion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:53 pm

[iup=3553004]Tomous[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3552982]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:Don't get upset just because you failed to act upon it. The fact that the vampires weren't killing anyone on that list should have rung alarm bells.
Anyway the humans still won.


I'm not upset that we failed to act on a list of names you just plucked out of the air-it was just a coincedence there were vampires there :lol:


:lol: Mad Jelly
I had suspicions on most of them from their posting style, which is all you can have in games like this. I chucked the last two names on that list in randomly to make it up to 10.
I'm not pretending like I knew for certain, I just suspected them which is why I made the list and wanted to see how accurate I was come the end of the game. Turns out I did better than I hoped I might :datass:
Image Image
User avatar
tweep
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by tweep » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm

[iup=3552993]Memento Mori[/iup] wrote:Out of interest, was it obvious I was making most of the stuff up as I went along? There was little real planning involved on my end.


At points, yes. The Square of Death seemed to have sprung out of nowhere, seemingly to give the humans a chance - which is fair, because they were flailing around pretty badly at some points! Also, the introduction of the whole seers being able to see key things, as well as subsequent rules involving keys (such as them being destroyed in the SoD) did seem a little spontaneous!

It was a really good game, though. I definitely enjoyed it, despite losing (even if it did take up a lot more time than I expected!). If you were to do something like this again (please do!), I would suggest considering weakening the humans a little bit. There were a little too many specials that gave them an upperhand. I know I am biased, but the human performance was particularly poor in the early game, and I don't think the vampires should have lost quite as badly as we did! I'm not complaining though, as I get how making a game like this unbiased is incredibly difficult.

That said, kudos to the humans for lynching me. Not sure if it was a stab in the dark, but that was finally the point where you all got your gooseberry fool together, and it wasn't just a very lucky vigilante saving you all!
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Hyperion, I don't understand. Are you telling us that your "I've given the key to one of these people" was actually your "these are my suspects" list? Because that sounds rather revisionist, based on everything else that you posted during the game.
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Hyperion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:02 pm

[iup=3552993]Memento Mori[/iup] wrote:Out of interest, was it obvious I was making most of the stuff up as I went along? There was little real planning involved on my end.


Did you have a set plan for what happened regarding the keys or were you making that up as you went along as well?
Image Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Tomous » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:06 pm

[iup=3553026]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553004]Tomous[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3552982]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:Don't get upset just because you failed to act upon it. The fact that the vampires weren't killing anyone on that list should have rung alarm bells.
Anyway the humans still won.


I'm not upset that we failed to act on a list of names you just plucked out of the air-it was just a coincedence there were vampires there :lol:


:lol: Mad Jelly
I had suspicions on most of them from their posting style, which is all you can have in games like this. I chucked the last two names on that list in randomly to make it up to 10.
I'm not pretending like I knew for certain, I just suspected them which is why I made the list and wanted to see how accurate I was come the end of the game. Turns out I did better than I hoped I might :datass:



Nope, not mad jelly. Why would I be?

You messed up and now thanks to a coincedence are trying to make it appear like you knew what you were doing. Your flapping completely derailed the thread at the time and didn't do anything to help the cause.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Moggy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:06 pm

[iup=3553039]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3552993]Memento Mori[/iup] wrote:Out of interest, was it obvious I was making most of the stuff up as I went along? There was little real planning involved on my end.


Did you have a set plan for what happened regarding the keys or were you making that up as you went along as well?


This was my full role PM.

The Count wrote:You have been known by many names, Abbadon, Jack the Ripper but you have always been The Count!



Your aim is to kill everyone. That is just a sideline to your main objective however, summoning dread lord Cthulhu! Ali Curdama was an extensive collector of eldritch paraphernalia including if the rumours are to be believed the Necronomicon. Upon investigating the mansion before the other guests arrived you discovered a secret passageway in the winecellar locked by ten locks. Surely Curdama's most priceless artifacts are located within.

To win the game you'll need to either match the number of non-vampire players or find the keys and locate the artifacts needed to summon Cthulhu. Perhaps some of the players have the keys?.... With the strength of six vampires you could break the lock with only five keys, five vampires = six keys and so on.

The game will begin with you killing one inactive on Wednesday at 6:30 and three players a night thereafter. If a vamp dies, two a night, if two vamps die one a night. I might order you to kill inactives later in the game if necessary.


Vamps:
Count Jane Frazee
Peggy Stewart
Ed Reid
Susie Norton
Odetta Holmes
Salome Shaw


I needed 5 keys to win the game. I am not sure if I understood it correctly, but to me it sounded like I had to kill the vamps as well so I never clued them in on a lot of the role that I had as I wasn't sure what they had been told. :lol:
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Hyperion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:07 pm

[iup=3553037]Dan.[/iup] wrote:Hyperion, I don't understand. Are you telling us that your "I've given the key to one of these people" was actually your "these are my suspects" list? Because that sounds rather revisionist, based on everything else that you posted during the game.


Yes, I thought you'd all ignore any suspects list straight away so I thought I'd try something else. I had a number of people I was suspicious of and so put that list up as keyholders. I hoped the vampires would take the bait and kill some off leading to suspicion falling on the people who were left alive.
This of course depended on the vampires killing off people on the list (They didn't), there not being a keyholder in the list (there wasn't) and the humans following up on the list (they didn't).
Ultimatley it didn't happen but I'm pleased with the results on my suspicions.
My key was given to George Angel so the vampires wouldn't get it if they went after the list.
Image Image
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:09 pm

[iup=3553046]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553037]Dan.[/iup] wrote:Hyperion, I don't understand. Are you telling us that your "I've given the key to one of these people" was actually your "these are my suspects" list? Because that sounds rather revisionist, based on everything else that you posted during the game.


Yes, I thought you'd all ignore any suspects list straight away so I thought I'd try something else. I had a number of people I was suspicious of and so put that list up as keyholders. I hoped the vampires would take the bait and kill some off leading to suspicion falling on the people who were left alive.
This of course depended on the vampires killing off people on the list (They didn't), there not being a keyholder in the list (there wasn't) and the humans following up on the list (they didn't).
Ultimatley it didn't happen but I'm pleased with the results on my suspicions.
My key was given to George Angel so the vampires wouldn't get it if they went after the list.


But this doesn't make any sense. I might be missing something, but how does that work as bait? Why would the vampires start killing people on that list just because you'd posted the list?
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Memento Mori » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 pm

[iup=3553039]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3552993]Memento Mori[/iup] wrote:Out of interest, was it obvious I was making most of the stuff up as I went along? There was little real planning involved on my end.


Did you have a set plan for what happened regarding the keys or were you making that up as you went along as well?

The secondary vamp win condition would always have been using the keys to open the cellar door but had they done this on like the third day, the mission once they were in the tomb would have been more involved than it would have been if they'd opened the tomb on day ten.
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Hyperion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:11 pm

[iup=3553043]Tomous[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553026]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553004]Tomous[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3552982]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:Don't get upset just because you failed to act upon it. The fact that the vampires weren't killing anyone on that list should have rung alarm bells.
Anyway the humans still won.


I'm not upset that we failed to act on a list of names you just plucked out of the air-it was just a coincedence there were vampires there :lol:


:lol: Mad Jelly
I had suspicions on most of them from their posting style, which is all you can have in games like this. I chucked the last two names on that list in randomly to make it up to 10.
I'm not pretending like I knew for certain, I just suspected them which is why I made the list and wanted to see how accurate I was come the end of the game. Turns out I did better than I hoped I might :datass:



Nope, not mad jelly. Why would I be?

You messed up and now thanks to a coincedence are trying to make it appear like you knew what you were doing. Your flapping completely derailed the thread at the time and didn't do anything to help the cause.


Angry Toumous, Angry.
If I could go back, I wouldn't have revealed I was a keyholder but at the time we didn't know the keys could be passed on, or how important they were.
I know what I hoped to achieve with that list and hoped it would help the cause after my death. It didn't and the humans still won. Don't pretend to know what I was hoping to achieve just because I did more in a post than you did in the whole game :datass:
Image Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Hyperion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:11 pm

[iup=3553051]Dan.[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553046]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553037]Dan.[/iup] wrote:Hyperion, I don't understand. Are you telling us that your "I've given the key to one of these people" was actually your "these are my suspects" list? Because that sounds rather revisionist, based on everything else that you posted during the game.


Yes, I thought you'd all ignore any suspects list straight away so I thought I'd try something else. I had a number of people I was suspicious of and so put that list up as keyholders. I hoped the vampires would take the bait and kill some off leading to suspicion falling on the people who were left alive.
This of course depended on the vampires killing off people on the list (They didn't), there not being a keyholder in the list (there wasn't) and the humans following up on the list (they didn't).
Ultimatley it didn't happen but I'm pleased with the results on my suspicions.
My key was given to George Angel so the vampires wouldn't get it if they went after the list.


But this doesn't make any sense. I might be missing something, but how does that work as bait? Why would the vampires start killing people on that list just because you'd posted the list?


To get the key I said I'd put in there
Image Image
User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Zellery » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Why would Tomous be angry? He was part of the Vampbusters who dominated from start to finish.

We all laughed at how badly you played the game Hyperion.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Moggy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:13 pm

[iup=3553058]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553051]Dan.[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553046]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553037]Dan.[/iup] wrote:Hyperion, I don't understand. Are you telling us that your "I've given the key to one of these people" was actually your "these are my suspects" list? Because that sounds rather revisionist, based on everything else that you posted during the game.


Yes, I thought you'd all ignore any suspects list straight away so I thought I'd try something else. I had a number of people I was suspicious of and so put that list up as keyholders. I hoped the vampires would take the bait and kill some off leading to suspicion falling on the people who were left alive.
This of course depended on the vampires killing off people on the list (They didn't), there not being a keyholder in the list (there wasn't) and the humans following up on the list (they didn't).
Ultimatley it didn't happen but I'm pleased with the results on my suspicions.
My key was given to George Angel so the vampires wouldn't get it if they went after the list.


But this doesn't make any sense. I might be missing something, but how does that work as bait? Why would the vampires start killing people on that list just because you'd posted the list?


To get the key I said I'd put in there


We never believed a word you said. :lol: We were a little confused as to how you had found out about so many of us, but we figured it was just a lucky guess. Our only worry was that the humans might start working their way down the list.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Tomous » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:15 pm

[iup=3553055]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:Don't pretend to know what I was hoping to achieve just because I did more in a post than you did in the whole game :datass:



I contributed to every vampire death in the game while you died after a few days leaving the thread in disarray :lol:

This is getting a tad embarrassing so I'll leave it there.
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Hyperion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:15 pm

[iup=3553063]Moggy[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553058]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553051]Dan.[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553046]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553037]Dan.[/iup] wrote:Hyperion, I don't understand. Are you telling us that your "I've given the key to one of these people" was actually your "these are my suspects" list? Because that sounds rather revisionist, based on everything else that you posted during the game.


Yes, I thought you'd all ignore any suspects list straight away so I thought I'd try something else. I had a number of people I was suspicious of and so put that list up as keyholders. I hoped the vampires would take the bait and kill some off leading to suspicion falling on the people who were left alive.
This of course depended on the vampires killing off people on the list (They didn't), there not being a keyholder in the list (there wasn't) and the humans following up on the list (they didn't).
Ultimatley it didn't happen but I'm pleased with the results on my suspicions.
My key was given to George Angel so the vampires wouldn't get it if they went after the list.


But this doesn't make any sense. I might be missing something, but how does that work as bait? Why would the vampires start killing people on that list just because you'd posted the list?


To get the key I said I'd put in there


We never believed a word you said. :lol: We were a little confused as to how you had found out about so many of us, but we figured it was just a lucky guess. Our only worry was that the humans might start working their way down the list.


Yeah I figured, unfortunately they didn't. Did you even consider killing off some of the list or were there too many vampires to risk it?
Image Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Hyperion » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:17 pm

[iup=3553066]Tomous[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553055]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:Don't pretend to know what I was hoping to achieve just because I did more in a post than you did in the whole game :datass:



I contributed to every vampire death in the game while you died after a few days leaving the thread in disarray :lol:


Did you? Well done. I wasn't paying too much attention.
I just know what I hoped for that list to achieve. It didn't, but I'm pleased I got some names right. :lol:
Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Moggy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:18 pm

[iup=3553068]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:Yeah I figured, unfortunately they didn't. Did you even consider killing off some of the list or were there too many vampires to risk it?


I don’t think we ever considered it. After a little bit of panic that you named so many of us, we pretty much disregarded it
User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MMAYAV?- The End - Save PMs - Alt accounts BANNED shortl
by Zellery » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:18 pm

[iup=3553071]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553066]Tomous[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3553055]Hyperion[/iup] wrote:Don't pretend to know what I was hoping to achieve just because I did more in a post than you did in the whole game :datass:



I contributed to every vampire death in the game while you died after a few days leaving the thread in disarray :lol:


Did you? Well done. I wasn't paying too much attention.
I just know what I hoped for that list to achieve. It didn't, but I'm pleased I got some names right. :lol:

You put both Shamans on there.

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests