Mobile gaming [CHAT]

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Tafdolphin » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:31 am

Has anyone played Rusty Lake's Cube Escape series? There's about 6 free apps, each of which is essentially a virtual Escape Room. Short and sweet and quite addictive.

Also, really strawberry floating disturbing. Like, nightmare inducing.
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by jawafour » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Skool Daze is being remade for mobile formats :o .

Image

I played this on my C64 back in 1985 :toot: .

EDIT:

I dunno, though... I'm starting to think that I'm not so keen on everything being hires nowdays. Perhaps it's nostalgia, but I feel the original had a bit more charm:

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Knoyleo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:04 pm

I watched the Videogamer video on Reigns, and decided to give it a go. It's good fun. You just swipe left or right to make decisions as successive Kings of whatever this country is, with the goal being to balance the demands of church, people, the army and the treasury, to survive as long as you can. The game remembers all your past choices, and you unlock new event cards as you reach certain event milestones. It gets quite bizarre in some places, and some of the writing is pretty funny. Some effects trigger special states, or buffs/nerfs to your progress, as well. Some carry between reigns, like building a barn or central bank, and others are just for the current King.

The duel combat, and the red dwarf gambling game feel a bit gooseberry fool, and I still don't really understand how they work. Equally, if you reach the Pungeon, it's basically game over, but you're forced to carry on picking a route through a maze. Maybe the game gives you something more to do later on, but right now it feels like a frustrating thing to have to do once you already know you've lost that life.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Preezy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:22 pm

£2.29 - worth it?
Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Knoyleo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

I think it's a perfectly reasonable price for it. A couple of quid is hardly prohibitive, and it's a well put together game. It's a very simple game, but there's definitely a bit of depth to some of the scenarios, especially the longer you play.

I'm up to the year 1166 already, having started at 603, I think? And I've still got a fair amount to unlock. I suspect I'll have to do some deliberate playing badly to get some of the death scenarios, but you don't know what they are until you find them.

Here's what I've unlocked so far:

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Preezy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Sounds like a neat concept, I think I'll give it a whirl. Cheers Knoy.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by jawafour » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:19 pm

jawafour wrote:Deus Ex Go will launch next Thursday, 18 August, on iOS and Android :toot: . It looks like it's building on the Hitman and Lara 'Go' styles - which is a good thing - and, post launch, a puzzle construction feature will be added.

It's out now in the iOS App Store priced at £3.99.
User avatar
Finish.Last
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Finish.Last » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:25 pm

jawafour wrote:Skool Daze is being remade for mobile formats :o .

Image

I played this on my C64 back in 1985 :toot: .


Oh wow! I used to love this game (and Back to Skool)! Will definitely give the remake a whirl.
I called off his players' names as they came marching up the steps behind him....All nice guys. They'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last.
User avatar
Starquake
Member
Joined in 2011
Contact:

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Starquake » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:58 pm

jawafour wrote:Skool Daze is being remade for mobile formats :o .

Image

I played this on my C64 back in 1985 :toot: .

EDIT:

I dunno, though... I'm starting to think that I'm not so keen on everything being hires nowdays. Perhaps it's nostalgia, but I feel the original had a bit more charm:

Image


Back2Skool was the better game - stealing a bike and sneaking off to the girls school :lol:

Agree. Pixels rock ;) ... I much prefer the chunkier style for retro remakes.
Maker of Hyper Sentinel published by Huey Games
http://www.hypersentinel.com

@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Lagamorph » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by jawafour » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:15 pm

I posted this in the Bargain thread the other day but the game is so good that I'll mention it again here.

Human Resource Machine for iOS is 79p (time-limited offer) on the Store. It's a peculiarly good "programming" game by Tomorrow Corporation, the guys who were involved in World of Goo and Little Inferno.

I've played it for an hour or so and it's great. BASICally*, you have to build your own "code" to solve sequence problems. It's probably not for everyone (you have to think pretty hard and there is no actual "action")... but if you're even just a little bit "techie" than it's ace.

I dunno how long the offer will last for as it started last Thursday.

* I wrote that without realising I was punning :toot: .
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by still » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:34 am

Just found this thread after really enjoying Monument Valley - best game I've played on iPad to date. Will definitely be looking at some of the other suggestions on here.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Errkal » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:46 am

still wrote:Just found this thread after really enjoying Monument Valley - best game I've played on iPad to date. Will definitely be looking at some of the other suggestions on here.


I loved monument. I have it on android and it's a shame purchases aren't cross platform as I'd like to play it on a bigger screen but bugger buying it again.
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by still » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:07 am

Errkal wrote:
still wrote:Just found this thread after really enjoying Monument Valley - best game I've played on iPad to date. Will definitely be looking at some of the other suggestions on here.


I loved monument. I have it on android and it's a shame purchases aren't cross platform as I'd like to play it on a bigger screen but bugger buying it again.


Original game (plus Ida's Dream) is free on Apple Store. £1-49 to unlock after chapter 10.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Errkal » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:28 pm

still wrote:
Errkal wrote:
still wrote:Just found this thread after really enjoying Monument Valley - best game I've played on iPad to date. Will definitely be looking at some of the other suggestions on here.


I loved monument. I have it on android and it's a shame purchases aren't cross platform as I'd like to play it on a bigger screen but bugger buying it again.


Original game (plus Ida's Dream) is free on Apple Store. £1-49 to unlock after chapter 10.


Nope is 2.99.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by jawafour » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:34 pm

I got Monument Valley on iOS at a reduced price of £1.49 a couple of weeks back... the game is excellent fun, albeit fairly short. Amidst the mountains of dire games on mobile, it stands out as a shining light.
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by still » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:43 pm

Errkal wrote:
still wrote:
Errkal wrote:
still wrote:Just found this thread after really enjoying Monument Valley - best game I've played on iPad to date. Will definitely be looking at some of the other suggestions on here.


I loved monument. I have it on android and it's a shame purchases aren't cross platform as I'd like to play it on a bigger screen but bugger buying it again.


Original game (plus Ida's Dream) is free on Apple Store. £1-49 to unlock after chapter 10.


Nope is 2.99.


Sure I didn't pay! How odd.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Errkal » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:49 pm

still wrote:
Errkal wrote:
still wrote:
Errkal wrote:
still wrote:Just found this thread after really enjoying Monument Valley - best game I've played on iPad to date. Will definitely be looking at some of the other suggestions on here.


I loved monument. I have it on android and it's a shame purchases aren't cross platform as I'd like to play it on a bigger screen but bugger buying it again.


Original game (plus Ida's Dream) is free on Apple Store. £1-49 to unlock after chapter 10.


Nope is 2.99.


Sure I didn't pay! How odd.


Haha they probably figured what the hell let's have a couple quid when it started getting popular.
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by still » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:53 pm

Errkal wrote:
still wrote:
Errkal wrote:
still wrote:
Errkal wrote:
still wrote:Just found this thread after really enjoying Monument Valley - best game I've played on iPad to date. Will definitely be looking at some of the other suggestions on here.


I loved monument. I have it on android and it's a shame purchases aren't cross platform as I'd like to play it on a bigger screen but bugger buying it again.


Original game (plus Ida's Dream) is free on Apple Store. £1-49 to unlock after chapter 10.


Nope is 2.99.


Sure I didn't pay! How odd.


Haha they probably figured what the hell let's have a couple quid when it started getting popular.


Only bought it a week ago. I've checked back and I definitely didn't pay - money grabbing *******!
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Mobile gaming [CHAT]
by Errkal » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:53 pm

still wrote:
Errkal wrote:
still wrote:
Errkal wrote:
still wrote:
Errkal wrote:
still wrote:Just found this thread after really enjoying Monument Valley - best game I've played on iPad to date. Will definitely be looking at some of the other suggestions on here.


I loved monument. I have it on android and it's a shame purchases aren't cross platform as I'd like to play it on a bigger screen but bugger buying it again.


Original game (plus Ida's Dream) is free on Apple Store. £1-49 to unlock after chapter 10.


Nope is 2.99.


Sure I didn't pay! How odd.


Haha they probably figured what the hell let's have a couple quid when it started getting popular.


Only bought it a week ago. I've checked back and I definitely didn't pay - money grabbing *******!


Could have been a sale thing at the time.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boo!, Buffalo, Captian Kil, Finish.Last, HSH28, Jamo3103, Jordan UK, KjGarly, popgunrobber, PuppetBoy, Qikz and 28 guests