Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Preezy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Yeah that was great

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Hexx » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:24 pm

The worst.

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by chalkitdown » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:50 pm

In fairness to Batfleck, at least he only killed bad guys in this movie. Superman caused the death of hundreds of thousands of innocents. Quite a massive difference there, and would make sense for Batman not wanting a repeat performance.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Captain Kinopio » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:06 pm

I dont really care about the Batman or Superman characters but the killing all seemed pretty dumb to me. The larger problem I have with the film is the complete nonsensical motivations of almost every single character in it. And Lex Luthor is awful.

Snyder really made a strawberry floating pigs arse of it. Cavil is a great Superman, Affleck is a brilliant Batman.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Preezy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Have you seen the Ultimate Edition? Lex Luthor's motivation is pretty clear to me, and it also shows how he manipulates both Bats & Supes a bit more.

Image
User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by chalkitdown » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:Snyder really made a strawberry floating pigs arse of it. Cavil is a great Superman, Affleck is a brilliant Batman.


One thing I can definitely agree on.

User avatar
Zartan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Zartan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Finally saw this at the weekend, I would have fallen asleep in a Cinema, so glad I dodged it there. I really think Snyder needs to be pulled from anything DC related, I believe he is still on for Justice League, and if that is the case, I'm out.

Parts of the film were good, but overall the pacing was awful. I should say it was the ultimate version I watched, and while you saw how Lex was manipulatiing people there really didnt seem to be any payoff for him. Though the very worst thing about this was the dream sequences, they just interupted any momentum the film tried to build, and just bored me. All in all, not a bad film, but a boring one, and that should have been impossible with the story he was trying to tell.

Still I am pretty excited for the Batfleck film, and Wonder Woman certainly looks worth checking out. Really hope that does not join the list of bombed female lead superhero films, at least this time it seems to have a chance unlike Elktra and Catwoman.

chalkitdown wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:Snyder really made a strawberry floating pigs arse of it. Cavil is a great Superman, Affleck is a brilliant Batman.


One thing I can definitely agree on.


Totally

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Frank » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:17 am

Watched the Extended Cut yesterday. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but it's still nothing to write home about. What actually *was* Lex' motivation? I think I might have phased out during that bit. (does he convince Superman that he's actually in cahoots with Batman before their actual brawl, too? It didn't really make much sense)

They should have cut the dull young Bruce flashback at the very start and just gone straight from Affleck trying to get to Wayne Towers while all the destruction is happening. That whole section was fantastic :wub:

The action was great, the story was twaddle (I mean, whoever thought the "WHYDIDYOUSAYTHATNAME" scene was a good idea needs to never work in any industry again. I mean, who actually calls their own mother by her first name?). I didn't think crazy baby Lex was that bad, too. Definitely needed more Wonder Woman.

Don't care much for non-TV universe Flash, though. That whole thing is stupid.

Image
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The north of Ireland.

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Meep » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:52 am

I can think of several really nasty things I would rather do than have to watch the extended cut of Batman Vs Superman, or just Batman Vs Superman a second time come to think of it.

If anything the movie cold be dramatically improved by taking a hatchet to a lot of the scenes and cutting down the running time.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by BID0 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:33 am

Frank wrote:The action was great, the story was twaddle (I mean, whoever thought the "WHYDIDYOUSAYTHATNAME" scene was a good idea needs to never work in any industry again. I mean, who actually calls their own mother by her first name?)

They had Lois there, it would have made more sense to have her say that line if they were that desperate to use it (with all of the young Wayne and other setups throughout the whole movie, the end payoff was terrible)

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Tomous » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:07 am

Frank wrote:What actually *was* Lex' motivation? I think I might have phased out during that bit.


It changes about 4 times throughout the film and is never really clear. One of the reasons he's a poor villain for the film.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Moggy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:28 am

Tomous wrote:
Frank wrote:What actually *was* Lex' motivation? I think I might have phased out during that bit.


It changes about 4 times throughout the film and is never really clear. One of the reasons he's a poor villain for the film.


Lex was pissed off that Superman had developed a social network that basically stole a load of ideas from Lex (who had stolen it from some twins). In his rage he decided to team up with a bloke called Woody and cross the country in order to go to a closed theme park and using a bomb collar rigged to explode in 30 minutes (or less) finally defeat the evil Superman once and for all.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Wedgie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:03 pm

Moggy wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Frank wrote:What actually *was* Lex' motivation? I think I might have phased out during that bit.


It changes about 4 times throughout the film and is never really clear. One of the reasons he's a poor villain for the film.


Lex was pissed off that Superman had developed a social network that basically stole a load of ideas from Lex (who had stolen it from some twins). In his rage he decided to team up with a bloke called Woody and cross the country in order to go to a closed theme park and using a bomb collar rigged to explode in 30 minutes (or less) finally defeat the evil Superman once and for all.



Don't forget... He also met Bill Murray.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Moggy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:17 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Frank wrote:What actually *was* Lex' motivation? I think I might have phased out during that bit.


It changes about 4 times throughout the film and is never really clear. One of the reasons he's a poor villain for the film.


Lex was pissed off that Superman had developed a social network that basically stole a load of ideas from Lex (who had stolen it from some twins). In his rage he decided to team up with a bloke called Woody and cross the country in order to go to a closed theme park and using a bomb collar rigged to explode in 30 minutes (or less) finally defeat the evil Superman once and for all.



Don't forget... He also met Bill Murray.


This is Batman v Superman not Ghostbusters. :roll:

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Tafdolphin » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Watched the Director's Cut a few weeks back... If that was supposed to have been clearer then the theatrical release then, strawberry float. Luthor had no motivation. None. He did however have the worst, most annoying characterisation I've seen of any character in a film for a long long time. Who the strawberry float thought Jesse Eisenberg doing a Jesse Eisenberg on coke impression would work?

Also, Martha.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by JediDragon05 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Oh the drama




:lol: :fp:

User avatar
massimo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by massimo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:49 am

Watched this last night. Enjoyed it, but the guy playing Lex, man was he gooseberry fool.

User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice - It's out! All impressions positive!
by Denster » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Still haven't seen this.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, darksideby182, Garth, Heskimo, Hime, Met, OnlyShallow, Preezy, Rhubarb, Rightey, Skippy, Snowcannon, The Watching Artist, Yahoo [Bot], Yoshimi and 49 guests