Movie News/Discussion Thread 2

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Rudolphin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:06 am

Hexx wrote:



Annoyingly, that did nothing for me. Loved the first, loved the first, but this just seems...derivative.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Rex Kramer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:25 am

At least Lord and Miller are involved so I've got hope, was worried it would just be another Cloudy 2.

User avatar
Ruud Gullit Sitting On A Shed
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Brighton

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Ruud Gullit Sitting On A Shed » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:15 am

The Lion King teaser trailer.


Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Preezy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:22 am

Image

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Hexx » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:32 am

I don't get the point of these live action remakes...particularly when some are almost shot for shot recreations.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Dual » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:37 am

Yeah but baby Simba :3

User avatar
Ploiper
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Ploiper » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 am

the instant I found out the be prepared song got cut from this movie I lost all interest in it.

:toot: :toot: :toot:
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Mafro » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:44 am

Hexx wrote:I don't get the point of these live action remakes...particularly when some are almost shot for shot recreations.

This is live action?! :shock:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Hexx » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:51 am

Mafro wrote:
Hexx wrote:I don't get the point of these live action remakes...particularly when some are almost shot for shot recreations.

This is live action?! :shock:


Literally in the official description from Disney

From Disney Live Action, director Jon Favreau’s all-new “The Lion King” journeys to the African savanna where a future king must overcome betrayal and tragedy to assume his rightful place on Pride Rock.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:58 am

Hexx wrote:I don't get the point of these live action remakes...particularly when some are almost shot for shot recreations.


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Frank » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:59 am

Why did they get James Earl Jones back for this but couldn't get Angela Lansbury for Beauty and the Beast? :x

Looks about how I expected. Uncanny valley on CGI animals is weird. Liked how they didn't show any of them actually moving their mouths to talk :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Hexx » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:00 am

Hexx wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Hexx wrote:I don't get the point of these live action remakes...particularly when some are almost shot for shot recreations.

This is live action?! :shock:


Literally in the official description from Disney

From Disney Live Action, director Jon Favreau’s all-new “The Lion King” journeys to the African savanna where a future king must overcome betrayal and tragedy to assume his rightful place on Pride Rock.


Although I agree you're technically correct. Everyone will call it that though, so buckle up you pedantic pumpkin :wub:

User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Benzin » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:46 am

Ploiper wrote:the instant I found out the be prepared song got cut from this movie I lost all interest in it.


Image

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Rudolphin » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:48 am

Still got shivers from that opening refrain. But yeah, this could go either way. Jungle Book remake was great fun, Beauty and the Beast not so much.

Benzin wrote:
Ploiper wrote:the instant I found out the be prepared song got cut from this movie I lost all interest in it.


Image


You can...sort of see why given today's political climate but it is a strawberry floating shame.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:59 am

Tafdolphin wrote:Still got shivers from that opening refrain. But yeah, this could go either way. Jungle Book remake was great fun, Beauty and the Beast not so much.

Benzin wrote:
Ploiper wrote:the instant I found out the be prepared song got cut from this movie I lost all interest in it.


Image


You can...sort of see why given today's political climate but it is a strawberry floating shame.


Best song in the movie, gone. :( I'll still watch it, but it won't be able to top the first without it.

Also, I thought Beauty was every bit as good as the Jungle Book, though both were highly entertaining - especially Christopher Walken's role.

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Frank » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:28 am

"Every bit as good as the Jungle Book" doesn't seem like high praise.

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Preezy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:58 am

Jungle Book was fine, but unnecessary.
Beauty and the Beast was terrible, and unnecessary.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Rex Kramer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:47 am

Maybe it's just the trailers as I've not seen the actual films but these live action remakes seem to drain the personality out of the originals.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Hime » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Preezy wrote:Jungle Book was fine, but unnecessary.
Beauty and the Beast was terrible, and unnecessary.

For some reason I feel like there has been about five live action Jungle Book films.

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by DML » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:20 pm

Early days but looks like taking soulless shot for shot to maximum levels right now. Every single shot in that trailer is in the original trailer. Disappointed.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests