Movie News/Discussion Thread 2

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Hime » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:23 pm

Godzilla wrote:

The 90s are back. gooseberry fool cgi in the dark.

Wish they had made it a horror film or at least a 15 rated movie.

Tom Hardy doing a good Benicio del Toro.

Image
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Godzilla » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:44 am


Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Godzilla » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:47 am

Probably the worst trailer this year. Looks like a TV movie.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Mafro » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:58 am

Godzilla wrote:

lmao

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Hexx » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:09 am

That looks horrible. It looks closer the panned "Last Stand" than the actual stories.

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Rudolphin » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:15 am

I wonder if there's a reason the title character is featured so little in that?

Sophie Turner is a bad actress

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Gemini73 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:11 am

Moggy wrote:strawberry floating hell DC. :fp: :lol:

According to writer Glenn Ficarra, the movie opens with Joker and Harley abducting the famed TV psychologist, who will "hopefully" be played by Phil McGraw himself. Yup, the DCEU is about to join the illustrious ranks of Frasier, Hannah Montana, and Madea Goes To Jail in offering an acting role to Dr. Phil. The closest analogue, though, might be Scary Movie 4, which similarly opens with an imprisoned Dr. Phil, locked in a Saw-like filthy bathroom -- though presumably the Joker movie won't also throw Shaq into the equation.

Disappointingly, the villainous duo aren't kidnapping Phil purely out of malice, or to get some ransom money out of Oprah, but rather to solicit free relationship advice.

http://www.cracked.com/article_25936_th ... -phil.html


The above isn’t from the Joaquin Phoenix movie btw, but from another Joker movie that they’re doing. :fp:


Why, DC, WHY! :cry:

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Eat it Harvey » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:41 am

Gemini73 wrote:
Moggy wrote:strawberry floating hell DC. :fp: :lol:

According to writer Glenn Ficarra, the movie opens with Joker and Harley abducting the famed TV psychologist, who will "hopefully" be played by Phil McGraw himself. Yup, the DCEU is about to join the illustrious ranks of Frasier, Hannah Montana, and Madea Goes To Jail in offering an acting role to Dr. Phil. The closest analogue, though, might be Scary Movie 4, which similarly opens with an imprisoned Dr. Phil, locked in a Saw-like filthy bathroom -- though presumably the Joker movie won't also throw Shaq into the equation.

Disappointingly, the villainous duo aren't kidnapping Phil purely out of malice, or to get some ransom money out of Oprah, but rather to solicit free relationship advice.

http://www.cracked.com/article_25936_th ... -phil.html


The above isn’t from the Joaquin Phoenix movie btw, but from another Joker movie that they’re doing. :fp:


Why, DC, WHY! :cry:

Because they don't have a clue what they are doing and are greenlighting any old gooseberry fool that someone suggests during brainstorming sessions in the vain hope that it'll somehow all work in the end.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Mafro » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Hexx wrote:That looks horrible. It looks closer the panned "Last Stand" than the actual stories.

There’s leaked spoilers from test screenings and there’s scenes that sound almost virtually identical to some from the Last Stand. The whole movie sounds like what you’d expect from a Fox X-Men film. Same old.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Floex » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:04 pm

Who directed this one? I thought Singer was deep in Me Too

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Hexx » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:32 pm

Mafro wrote:
Hexx wrote:That looks horrible. It looks closer the panned "Last Stand" than the actual stories.

There’s leaked spoilers from test screenings and there’s scenes that sound almost virtually identical to some from the Last Stand. The whole movie sounds like what you’d expect from a Fox X-Men film. Same old.


Oh? Any links?

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Godzilla » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:17 am

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/ ... stique/amp


Trailer pretty much confirm all that to be true.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Zartan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Zartan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:47 am

All this talk about bad Superhero movies and this is missing


I loved Creed, and man this looks like a great story line for a sequel

User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by abcd » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:56 am

Two worlds collide
Rival nations
It's a primitive clash
Venting years of frustrations

Image
User avatar
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Sleighamorph » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:57 pm

Wait, they made another Johnny English film?

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Vermi-Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Vermi-Claus » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:05 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Wait, they made another Johnny English film?


I'm afraid so. :dread:

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Gemini73 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:13 pm

That Venom film looks much like all the other Marvel films. ie they're all rather samey.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Hexx » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Gemini73 wrote:That Venom film looks much like all the other Marvel films. ie they're all rather samey.


Um...
I'm not sure if this is bait or not.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Gemini73 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:47 pm

Hexx wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:That Venom film looks much like all the other Marvel films. ie they're all rather samey.


Um...
I'm not sure if this is bait or not.


Nope, not bait. They're all a much of muchness. The Venom trailer doesn't do anything I haven't seen already in comic films in one form or another.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Movie News/Discussion Thread 2
by Sleighamorph » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
Hexx wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:That Venom film looks much like all the other Marvel films. ie they're all rather samey.


Um...
I'm not sure if this is bait or not.


Nope, not bait. They're all a much of muchness. The Venom trailer doesn't do anything I haven't seen already in comic films in one form or another.


Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Stuff”