My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by rinks » Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 pm

jiggles wrote:Plot twist: His dad isn't even dead. He just left them.

And every year, on the kid's birthday, he sends him a McDonald's voucher, which the mother hides in a box in her bedroom, underneath her sanitary towels.
This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by KK » Tue May 16, 2017 10:19 pm

McDonald's have done a Pepsi and scrapped it.
Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue May 16, 2017 11:03 pm

I've never tried a Filet-o-Fish from McDonald's before and now I genuinely really want to.

Advertising always wins in the end!
Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Alvin Flummux » Wed May 17, 2017 3:08 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I've never tried a Filet-o-Fish from McDonald's before and now I genuinely really want to.


It was the most forgettable sandwich I ever ate. Even my mum's bread and butter sandwiches she'd give me to eat at first playtime during my first two years of primary school were more interesting than that.
Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Moggy » Wed May 17, 2017 7:28 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I've never tried a Filet-o-Fish from McDonald's before and now I genuinely really want to.

Advertising always wins in the end!


If you like McDonald’s, then it will leave you desperately disappointed.

If you dislike McDonald’s, then it will be the worst thing you have ever eaten.
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed May 17, 2017 8:16 am

Sounds like my lunch is confirmed today then :lol:.
Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Tafdolphin » Wed May 17, 2017 8:51 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:I can see how this could cause a bit of upset for someone who's recently lost someone but so can any show that features a death and there will always be at least one show on tv an evening where someone dies.


It's not the fact that someone is supposed to have died, it's the fact the advert uses the emotional fallout of a supposed death to promote it's chunks of fried beef. It's crass. Like that Pepsi ad: it's not the fact it was showing protests that was offensive, it was the fact it was using social unrest to promote fizzy sugar-water.

It's also not about people "going out of their way to find offense." Well, actually it might be but this being someone's first reaction says more about the commentator than the complainant. It's political correctness gone mad, Stew.
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by rinks » Wed May 17, 2017 9:39 am

It's not as bad as that Magnum advert set in a rape crisis centre.
This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by rinks » Wed May 17, 2017 9:39 am

(The ice cream.)
This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Hyperion » Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 am

A Filet-o-fish was one of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten
Image Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed May 17, 2017 9:58 am

Hyperion wrote:A Filet-o-fish was one of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten

This is getting too tempting now... I may have to go for an early lunch!
Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed May 17, 2017 11:57 am

Well, that was... underwhelming.

I imagine that was the quality of all their burgers about 20 years ago. It's as though the Filet-o-Fish has been left behind, wedged in the back corner of a room alongside the rest of the weirdo options that never made it, but kept on to satisfy the piscitarian customer.

I'm not sure quite how something drowned in tartar sauce can be so lacking in flavour. The entire thing was also wildly absent of texture. I'm not sure how it stays in one piece the entire time it takes to move it from the kitchen to the table.

Thankfully, I have a student card so had a free cheeseburger to go with it. 8-)
Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Dowbocop » Wed May 17, 2017 12:20 pm

The last time I was in a McDonald's I did actually say to my wife that you never see the FoF advertised anymore. You'd think they could make a really nice fish burger as the quality of their other seasonal burgers has improved. The FoF is very much in the old school Big Mac and Quarter Pounder territory though.

I might try and get an Air, Land and Sea next time I go. I tried the McGangbang a little while ago. Do they still do the veggie burger?
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Albear » Wed May 17, 2017 12:48 pm

rinks wrote:It's not as bad as that Magnum advert set in a rape crisis centre.


:lol:

I'm sure that's not true..but I want to check...
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Moggy » Wed May 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Well, that was... underwhelming.

I imagine that was the quality of all their burgers about 20 years ago. It's as though the Filet-o-Fish has been left behind, wedged in the back corner of a room alongside the rest of the weirdo options that never made it, but kept on to satisfy the piscitarian customer.

I'm not sure quite how something drowned in tartar sauce can be so lacking in flavour. The entire thing was also wildly absent of texture. I'm not sure how it stays in one piece the entire time it takes to move it from the kitchen to the table.

Thankfully, I have a student card so had a free cheeseburger to go with it. 8-)


I told you it would be disappointing. :lol:
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed May 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Moggy wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Well, that was... underwhelming.

I imagine that was the quality of all their burgers about 20 years ago. It's as though the Filet-o-Fish has been left behind, wedged in the back corner of a room alongside the rest of the weirdo options that never made it, but kept on to satisfy the piscitarian customer.

I'm not sure quite how something drowned in tartar sauce can be so lacking in flavour. The entire thing was also wildly absent of texture. I'm not sure how it stays in one piece the entire time it takes to move it from the kitchen to the table.

Thankfully, I have a student card so had a free cheeseburger to go with it. 8-)


I told you it would be disappointing. :lol:

It's like you're the Pope of shitty fast food :shock:.
Image
User avatar
LewisD
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by LewisD » Wed May 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Dowbocop wrote:. You'd think they could make a really nice fish burger as the quality of their other seasonal burgers has improved.


Definitely.

Even if it were just a battered haddock fillet it would be world's apart.

But they could do a minced cod and red chilli burger and it would be, to quote Denster, "Mintball"
Or even push the boat out and have smoked haddock and mornay sauce.

But then your average teenage chav parking his Corsa VXR in the drive thru isn't going to want to eat that sort of thing.
User avatar
LewisD
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by LewisD » Wed May 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Just realised no one has linked the video



Just watched it. gooseberry fool advert. McDonald's can't even make their own product look appetising :lol:
Where's the mum from? She used to be well fit iirc.
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by abcd » Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm

I think it's a shame that least popular sandwich that McDonald's sells requires a dead dad to flog it.
Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Moggy » Wed May 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:It's like you're the Pope of shitty fast food :shock:.


It's true, I am infallible. :datass:

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Garth, Saint of Killers and 63 guests