My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Moggy » Tue May 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Denster wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Denster wrote:I'm not offended.


You sounded quite offended.

Everyone trying to cash in was not referring to her. Read it properly.


It's the mother who is offended. As well you know. Many things will come up for her kid that will provoke questions. Most of them will be as harmless in intent as this is. It's a gooseberry fool situation that she and her son are in. Doesn't mean everyone is trying to cash in on it.


That read as "it's a gooseberry fool situation but most people wouldn't cash in". I guess you meant it more as "grief is serious but McDonald's probably weren't trying to cash in on grief"?

User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Denster » Tue May 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Other things will come up that will provoke questions for the kid. They will not be with an intent to capitalise on their grief.

Now, fuckoff you obtuse sod.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Moggy » Tue May 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Denster wrote:Other things will come up that will provoke questions for the kid. They will not be with an intent to capitalise on their grief.

Now, fuckoff you obtuse sod.


You really don't like your opinions being questioned do you?

User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Denster » Tue May 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Moggy wrote:
Denster wrote:Other things will come up that will provoke questions for the kid. They will not be with an intent to capitalise on their grief.

Now, fuckoff you obtuse sod.


You really don't like your opinions being questioned do you?


I don't like my meaning being repeatedly, painstakingly questioned when it's bleeding obvious what I meant. No.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Moggy » Tue May 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Denster wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Denster wrote:Other things will come up that will provoke questions for the kid. They will not be with an intent to capitalise on their grief.

Now, fuckoff you obtuse sod.


You really don't like your opinions being questioned do you?


I don't like my meaning being repeatedly, painstakingly questioned when it's bleeding obvious what I meant. No.


Your post was that this mother was "wilfully seeking offence". Which she obviously wasn't. Everything since then has been trying to understand what your view was, as I pointed out your "cashing in" comment was not bleeding obvious.

User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Denster » Tue May 16, 2017 5:33 pm

It should have been. Not the first time you've expressed incomprehension. Sadly not the last either.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Moggy » Tue May 16, 2017 5:34 pm

Denster wrote:It should have been. Not the first time you've expressed incomprehension. Sadly not the last either.


Sick burn.

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by DML » Tue May 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Bless.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Qikz » Tue May 16, 2017 6:30 pm

abcd wrote:
KK wrote:
abcd wrote:I don't really like Filet-o-Fish

Probably because it's pollocks.



Not bad, cod do batter...


There's a time and a plaice for puns and this isn't it.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by DML » Tue May 16, 2017 6:51 pm

This advert offends me and is completely unrealistic.

There's no way two different human beings choose a Filet-O-Fish as their burger of choice.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Corazon de Leon » Tue May 16, 2017 6:56 pm

DML wrote:This advert offends me and is completely unrealistic.

There's no way two different human beings choose a Filet-O-Fish as their burger of choice.


I actually said that the first time I saw it :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Denster » Tue May 16, 2017 7:43 pm

DML wrote:Bless.



:P

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Alvin Flummux » Tue May 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
DML wrote:This advert offends me and is completely unrealistic.

There's no way two different human beings choose a Filet-O-Fish as their burger of choice.


I actually said that the first time I saw it :lol:


It's not even a burger.

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Moggy » Tue May 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
DML wrote:This advert offends me and is completely unrealistic.

There's no way two different human beings choose a Filet-O-Fish as their burger of choice.


I actually said that the first time I saw it :lol:


It's not even a burger.


It's a sandwich.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Ironhide » Tue May 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
DML wrote:This advert offends me and is completely unrealistic.

There's no way two different human beings choose a Filet-O-Fish as their burger of choice.


I actually said that the first time I saw it :lol:


It's not even a burger.


Its a sandwich.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Alvin Flummux » Tue May 16, 2017 8:56 pm

DML wrote:This advert offends me and is completely unrealistic.

There's no way two different human beings choose a Filet-O-Fish as their burger of choice.


;)

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Snowcannon
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by Snowcannon » Tue May 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
DML wrote:This advert offends me and is completely unrealistic.

There's no way two different human beings choose a Filet-O-Fish as their burger of choice.


I actually said that the first time I saw it :lol:


It's not even a burger.


It is a sandwich

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by rinks » Tue May 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Hmm, the mother neglects to mention that the father died choking on a fish bone.

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by rinks » Tue May 16, 2017 8:58 pm

(Not the band.)

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: My Dad's dead but I got over it with a McDonald's Filet-o-Fish
by jiggles » Tue May 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Plot twist: His dad isn't even dead. He just left them.

Streaming: YouTube Gaming | Tweeting: Twitter

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, abcd, Bing [Bot], Cuttooth, Denster, Errkal, Finish.Last, lex-man, NotGreaterorEqual, OrangeRakoon, Photek, Rax, Reavus, satriales, Skippy, thumbgoals, Yahoo [Bot] and 57 guests