NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - Week1 levels Pg 6/2nd Post - Stream Later Tonight!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by jawafour » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Lime wrote:...Now to test it so Cheeky can't break it (on his first go). :x ...

:lol: . I'm checking my level because, although I've gone through it in a certain "route", I feel sure that Cheeky is gonna bust it up by doing things in a different way :lol: .

User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Lime » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:52 pm

I already found one part when you could fall off an apparently high level, straight onto a later part, totally cheesing the whole thing. :fp: :lol:

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by jawafour » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:57 am

Some kind of man-flu has afflicted me today and this may result in a tougher than expected course for Cheeky to play through 8-) .

Cheeky Devlin wrote:...

Anyway, I have an embarrassing question about "Koopas". They can be both the "standing up throwing things" ones and/or the "walking left/right on a ledge" ones, yeah? :oops: :shifty: ...

User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Qikz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:06 am

Thank god the deadline is tomorrow and not today.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Lime » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:14 am

jawafour wrote:Some kind of man-flu has afflicted me today and this may result in a tougher than expected course for Cheeky to play through 8-) .

Cheeky Devlin wrote:...

Anyway, I have an embarrassing question about "Koopas". They can be both the "standing up throwing things" ones and/or the "walking left/right on a ledge" ones, yeah? :oops: :shifty: ...


Aren't hammer bros banned from all Mario Maker levels due to them being a complete pain in the ass, rage inducing, level ruining, unfair, random death generating gits?

:shifty:


(Don't let my personal bias affect your decision to include them)



:shifty:

(please don't use hammer bros! I'm crap enough at this game! :slol: )

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by jawafour » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:20 am

Lime wrote:Aren't hammer bros banned from all Mario Maker levels due to them being a complete pain in the ass, rage inducing, level ruining, unfair, random death generating gits?...

Deffo, Lime... I haven't included any in my course... but the walking green/red shells are also Koopas, aren't they? :shifty: ...

Qikz wrote:Thank god the deadline is tomorrow and not today.

I started my course last weekend but I haven't had a chance to update it during the week (because Pedz and Matt streaming games :lol: ).

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by jawafour » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:33 am

Okay, done some investigation and it seems that the Koopas I am referring to are "spinies", which are part of the Koopa family. My course is saved! :toot: .

User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Lime » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:56 am

jawafour wrote:Okay, done some investigation and it seems that the Koopas I am referring to are "spinies", which are part of the Koopa family. My course is saved! :toot: .


Ah ok, I thought your issue as with whether the throwing ones were koopas.

I've submitted. I'm hoping I've met all the course requirements...

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Cheeky Devlin » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Hey guys. Apologies for the lack of replies. Been a busy few days. Stream is still intended for 9pm as usual though real life may require me to delay it a bit. Deadline remains the same.

Will update tomorrow.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by still » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:59 pm

Can I just ask, is it possible to watch the levels people make if you don’t have the game. (Asking for a very stupid friend... )

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by jawafour » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:45 pm

still wrote:Can I just ask, is it possible to watch the levels people make if you don’t have the game. (Asking for a very stupid friend... )

Absolutely, still :toot: . Cheeky Dev runs a live, worldwide stream demonstrating the submitted courses each round - normally at around 9pm on a Sunday evening. I think the stream is then available as a YouTube vid. Be a part of the action!

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by still » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:05 pm

jawafour wrote:
still wrote:Can I just ask, is it possible to watch the levels people make if you don’t have the game. (Asking for a very stupid friend... )

Absolutely, still :toot: . Cheeky Dev runs a live, worldwide stream demonstrating the submitted courses each round - normally at around 9pm on a Sunday evening. I think the stream is then available as a YouTube vid. Be a part of the action!


Cheers Jawa. Nine o’ clock on a Sunday, a bit late for me! Yes, really. :o But YouTube option sounds great.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by jawafour » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:26 pm

still wrote:Cheers Jawa. Nine o’ clock on a Sunday, a bit late for me! Yes, really. :o But YouTube option sounds great.

Yeah, I'm not often free on Sunday evenings so I usually catch up when I'm back. Cheeky makes great shows!

User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Lime » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:58 pm

The streaming is awesome, well worth a watch.

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Qikz » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:16 am

I strawberry floated up. I haven't got time to make a level this afternoon so I may only have 1 hour to do it once my gamepad finally charges this morning.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by jawafour » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:18 am

Qikz wrote:I strawberry floated up. I haven't got time to make a level this afternoon so I may only have 1 hour to do it once my gamepad finally charges this morning.

Can't you play Mario Maker whilst your 'pad is charging, dude?

User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Qikz » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:20 am

jawafour wrote:
Qikz wrote:I strawberry floated up. I haven't got time to make a level this afternoon so I may only have 1 hour to do it once my gamepad finally charges this morning.

Can't you play Mario Maker whilst your 'pad is charging, dude?


I need to charge it using this weird charging station, I can't plug it in and my wii u at the same time due to the fact I have a Japanese one.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Qikz » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:26 pm

Making levels is a lot harder than I remember. I'm going to start next weeks as soon as I can.

My level is quite basic, but hopefully it'll be fun.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi all!

So it's been a crazy week and and even more crazy 24 hours for me (I got engaged last night!).

As such this might impact tonights stream a bit. I know we've not gotten off to a great start with them, but we should definitely be fine from next week onwards.

My intent is still to stream tonight at 9pm if possible, but it might be a little bit later. If it's too late to stream tonight then tomorrow or Tueday will be used for the level showcase.

Either way the levels will be posted in the thread tonight so keep an eye out for them later on.

Cheers guys. Looking forward to playing your levels!

EDIT: I'm waiting on submissions from Dragon and TWA. The 8pm deadline still stands.


Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NEW Are You A Master Mario Maker? - 2018 Contest Starts HERE! Week 1 Brief up now!
by Super Dragon 64 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:20 pm

I've just sent mine.

Congratulations :toot:

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FatDaz, KrikenKing, Lagamorph, Rapidly-Greying, The Watching Artist and 32 guests