Currently Playing in 2018....

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by jawafour » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Cal wrote:V-Rally 4 (PS4 Pro version)...

Ah! I'd be interested to hear about what you think of it, Cal. I've read that the handling is a touch twitchy, although that would fit the style of the older games.

User avatar
Cal
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Cal » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:27 pm

jawafour wrote:
Cal wrote:V-Rally 4 (PS4 Pro version)...

Ah! I'd be interested to hear about what you think of it, Cal. I've read that the handling is a touch twitchy, although that would fit the style of the older games.


Jawa, sorry I just edited in some comments into my first post (I don't understand imgur and accidentally posted before I'd written them into my post :lol: )

Anyway, yes - this is a quiet treasure of a game. Nothing earth-shattering, but I'm impressed with the production value (this is BigBen we're talking about here, after all) and the playability out of the box has been a delight. I think the game will doubtless sink without a trace, but genuine rally fans will find much here to distract - it's like Dirt 4: The More Enjoyable Edition. (Also includes a random track generator for added longevity.)

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Trelliz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:02 pm

V-Rally looks interesting and is with Gravel, Onrush and some others that i'll look out for when they're much cheaper and unfortunately came out with Forza Horizon 4 looming on the...horizon :shifty:

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Cal wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Cal wrote:V-Rally 4 (PS4 Pro version)...

Ah! I'd be interested to hear about what you think of it, Cal. I've read that the handling is a touch twitchy, although that would fit the style of the older games.


Jawa, sorry I just edited in some comments into my first post (I don't understand imgur and accidentally posted before I'd written them into my post :lol: )

Anyway, yes - this is a quiet treasure of a game. Nothing earth-shattering, but I'm impressed with the production value (this is BigBen we're talking about here, after all) and the playability out of the box has been a delight. I think the game will doubtless sink without a trace, but genuine rally fans will find much here to distract - it's like Dirt 4: The More Enjoyable Edition. (Also includes a random track generator for added longevity.)


Have this on my to buy list. I did read that it has a lot in common with the original V Rally games, particularly in regards to the handling, which immediately appealed.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by jawafour » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Cal wrote:...Anyway, yes - (V-Rally 4) is a quiet treasure of a game. Nothing earth-shattering, but I'm impressed with the production value (this is BigBen we're talking about here, after all) and the playability out of the box has been a delight....

Thanks, Cal. It sounds interesting but, even though I do like arcade racers, I need to put some time into OnRush and Gravel before thinking about this one. Glad you're enjoying it, though!

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by DarkRula » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:27 pm

Since the only thing I've really been playing on this new laptop is GTA V, I decided to dive into the Microsoft store to look at some things I might be able to try.

Since the Forza Horizon 4 demo worked well enough, I jumped back a bit and downloaded Motorsport 6: Apex. The small amount of content fits in with the fact it was free and pretty much a demo on PC for the full game [I think that's how it was, anyway]. Still has good driving physics on it, and presents a good challenge in getting all those medals.

Also got Super Lucky's Tale from Game Pass. It's a good little platformer, even if it is a little on the easy side. Some decent music, easy controls, and a nice visual style make it a perfect game to just have a relaxing time with.

Image
Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Trelliz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 pm

After EA gave away the premium pass for battlefield 1 and now the game itself was a few quid on psn i thought i'd have a go, even if just to go through the story for that price.

I must be getting old as the multiplayer is exhausting - so much going on and getting killed from out of nowhere over and over again. Every team i was on this evening got an absolute drumming so the combination of the two means i think i can park that part of the game and do a sojourn through the singleplayer and leave it at that.

I haven't played a mainstream multiplayer shooter in a while and all the lootboxes and bars to fill up are as alienating as the actual game.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by DarkRula » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:39 pm

I've only been on the betas for Hardline and One, and they played well enough. But then everyone was on the same playing field during those. I haven't been on the full games of either, but I can imagine that the servers are filled with nothing but the elites with massive advantages in terms of weapons and armour.
Same goes for Battlefield 4, but at least that one feels fairer [and not just because Siege of Shanghai is the only map anyone seems to play on].

Image
Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:50 am

jawafour wrote:
Cal wrote:...Anyway, yes - (V-Rally 4) is a quiet treasure of a game. Nothing earth-shattering, but I'm impressed with the production value (this is BigBen we're talking about here, after all) and the playability out of the box has been a delight....

Thanks, Cal. It sounds interesting but, even though I do like arcade racers, I need to put some time into OnRush and Gravel before thinking about this one. Glad you're enjoying it, though!


How is Gravel?

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by jawafour » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:58 am

Gemini73 wrote:How is Gravel?

I've yet to play it, Gem... I got it in a sale and it's in the backlog!

User avatar
Satan's Claws
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Kelty, scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Satan's Claws » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:09 pm

I've just discovered Resogun, addictive as heroin but it's great. I don't even like shoot em ups,which probably explains why I'm so rubbish at it. I can only play it on the easiest level. I tried on the second easiest and it just destroyed me.

Rapidly-greying is SHITE at games
User avatar
Cal
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Cal » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Cal wrote:...Anyway, yes - (V-Rally 4) is a quiet treasure of a game. Nothing earth-shattering, but I'm impressed with the production value (this is BigBen we're talking about here, after all) and the playability out of the box has been a delight....

Thanks, Cal. It sounds interesting but, even though I do like arcade racers, I need to put some time into OnRush and Gravel before thinking about this one. Glad you're enjoying it, though!


How is Gravel?


Gravel is very much more an arcade game than a sim. Interestingly, it was made in Unreal, which does lend it some impressive visuals. It's definitely a B-tier game, though, so one worth probably picking up when it's on sale (which I think it was just recently on the PS store). If you get the Season Pass you get a few more tracks and cars, which opens up the main game a bit more. I like it, but it probably won't satisfy serious racing fans. It has a good 'career mode' which you can work through against AI opponents (which can be bolshy at times) to unlock more cars and tracks. I've never taken it online, so I can't speak to that aspect of the game. Overall, a 6/10 kind of game. Good, but not great.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:36 pm

While I do like my more serious racers I also enjoy arcade style racing, even as far back as the somewhat mental Rally Cross for the PS1, so I may very well pick up Gravel on the cheap.

Cheers, Cal.

*edit* £14.99 new via Amazon. Very tempting.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
d'mince pies
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by d'mince pies » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:11 pm

Horizon Zero Dawn

Been playing this since the world cup finished(!) and thoroughly enjoying every minute. As per usual, I got sidetracked exploring and doing side quests. Though, I'm nearing the home straight now that I'm back on the main quest line. Think I've about 4 to go.

Image
User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Harry Ellis » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch)

Episode 1 has been fully completed, all gems found, bonus challenges done, target times met etc. It's good fun and it's nice to have a game to just dip in and out of.

Looking forward to Episode 2.

Polished off E2 tonight. Time trials were a little easier IMO.

Destroyed E3 with relative ease, especially the time trials. Unlocked the Bonus book but I'm going to leave that for another day. Can't wait to play the Odyssey levels!

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Batman Arkham Asylum (360)

Decided to continue my current game of this, which is about my 4th playthrough but this time with my new Xbox account so all achievements are available to unlock. I do like this game, and those that followed, quite a bit.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Squinty » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:55 pm

Severed mostly.

I can't seem to sit down with this game for longer than half an hour. The combat is really inventive, but I don't find the level design that interesting. It's sometimes very annoying.

It's a shame as I love their other games.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:43 am

Saint of Killers wrote:*swears*

DeadCells.

I got a colourless broadsword + freezing hadoken ON THE FIRST LEVEL (meaning they both got upgraded up the wazoo) and I still couldn't get past the Black Bridge.

*swears*

Such a great game.


:!: :evil:

I think I've got a good idea of the setup I'll need to beat him after I, once again, strawberry floated up Black Bridge. But this time I came the closest I have yet to beating him. (Had him down to about a third of his HP.)

:lol: Oh and this happened:

Image


| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Chestnut Snowleaves
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Chestnut Snowleaves » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:12 am

Thought I'd give Super Bomberman R a play since it's free on Xbox this weekend. Jumped straight into the story mode.

WHAT IN THE NAME OF HOLY strawberry floating gooseberry fool IS THIS? :dread:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by OrangeReindeer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:13 am

Did you get to the boss and get horribly brutalised?


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, As Fat as Santa, BobbyDigital, HaruKazuhira, Supachipz, The Watching Artist and 54 guests