Currently Playing in 2017....

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Ste wrote:
Death's Head wrote:What are you playing this on? Original on 360?


X1 definitive version.

Did you play it when it came out on the 360? Just wondered how you thought it compared. I was left a bit disappointed with the "definitive" version.
Yes?
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Squinty » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:03 am

Rhythm Heaven, I'm on the 8th set of games. Stuck on Rhythm Rally 2.

Started using my index finger as the controls don't work well with the stylus. I think this is probably the worst thing about the game, the touch screen controls are pretty imprecise. Tapping is spot on, but the flicking motion just doesn't work 100% of the time.

And this is the reason why EBA is better than this game :datass:
Ste
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed
Contact:

PostRe: RE: Re: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Ste » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:40 am

Death's Head wrote:Did you play it when it came out on the 360? Just wondered how you thought it compared. I was left a bit disappointed with the "definitive" version.


I played it very briefly, it didnt grab me so I traded it. Had a different frame of mind to gaming then.

Dont think I even beat Carlito the first time so didnt play it enough that i can really compare.

Reading peoples thoughts on it over the years made me want to give it another go.
User avatar
Jamo3103
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Coconut Bob
Location: Manchester

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Jamo3103 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - I've started this twice in the past but never got that far into it before getting distracted by something else, really getting into it this time around though and have got further than previously. Really enjoying it, even if the controls can be a little bit iffy at times and the frame rate choppy.
Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Still Crash Bandicoot on PS3. Just reached the point I was dreading... Slippery Climb. I bloody hate that level, I feel a rage quit coming on!
Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Started playing Space Hulk Ascension but think I'm going to have to give up. I've done the first two missions, but I just can't get any further. I've even put the difficulty down to easy but I still can't do the missions. It feels like I must be missing something in the game because I can't believe it is supposed to be this difficult.
Yes?
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Nailed it! Turns out Slippery Climb wasn't as hard as I remember it being.
Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Trelliz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Death's Head wrote:Started playing Space Hulk Ascension but think I'm going to have to give up. I've done the first two missions, but I just can't get any further. I've even put the difficulty down to easy but I still can't do the missions. It feels like I must be missing something in the game because I can't believe it is supposed to be this difficult.


Space Hulk is a balls-hard board game to begin with, so I imagine playing against an inscrutable AI makes it even worse; you can't call it a shitnozzle for killing one of your guys or threaten to pack up the game and take it home... :shifty:
Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Trelliz wrote:
Death's Head wrote:Started playing Space Hulk Ascension but think I'm going to have to give up. I've done the first two missions, but I just can't get any further. I've even put the difficulty down to easy but I still can't do the missions. It feels like I must be missing something in the game because I can't believe it is supposed to be this difficult.


Space Hulk is a balls-hard board game to begin with, so I imagine playing against an inscrutable AI makes it even worse; you can't call it a shitnozzle for killing one of your guys or threaten to pack up the game and take it home... :shifty:

Never played it before so didn't know what to expect. I think if I knew more about it I'd have a better understanding of what to do, but I don't have the time to invest. I can't pack up and take the board home, but I can delete the mother strawberry floater.

Anyway, now playing Mad Max.
Yes?
Sir Delboy
Member
Joined in 2014

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Sir Delboy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:55 am

Persona 5 (PS4) - Fantastic, I prefer the cast of 4 I think but the core gameplay is much better.

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild (Switch) - Still :lol: Spend most of my time on it exploring, only done two of the Divine Beasts so far.
PSN: Delboy1984
NNID: Delboy84
TWITTER: @SirDelboy
STEAM: Delboy1984
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: RE: Re: Currently Playing in 2017....
by jawafour » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:37 am

Death's Head wrote:...Anyway, now playing Mad Max.

I'm always intrigued when folk start the mighty Max. Will they, like me, be astounded by the vast scale and excellent atmosphere... or will they think "no bruh, it's well boring!"?

We'll soon find out!
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:54 am

jawafour wrote:
Death's Head wrote:...Anyway, now playing Mad Max.

I'm always intrigued when folk start the mighty Max. Will they, like me, be astounded by the vast scale and excellent atmosphere... or will they think "no bruh, it's well boring!"?

We'll soon find out!

My initial thoughts are that it is not boring, but likewise, I'm not blown away by it. From what I've played I think I will enjoy it, but it will just be in the pile of "good third person action games" and not challenge for anything more than that.
Yes?
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Trelliz » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:49 am

To quote Videogamer, its one of the best 7/10 games in recent years. It absolutely belongs on that pile because it is mostly derivative but nails the atmosphere and style of the source material without being a shitty film tie-in.
Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by jawafour » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:59 am

Trelliz wrote:To quote Videogamer, its one of the best 7/10 games in recent years. It absolutely belongs on that pile because it is mostly derivative but nails the atmosphere and style of the source material without being a shitty film tie-in.

It was my personal GOTY for 2015. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned that here before... :shifty: :lol: . I would definitely play it all through again one day :wub: .
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Crash Bandicoot 2 on PS1 via PS3. After finishing the first one I thought I'd carry on with the series. I've played this before but I'm not sure I ever finished it. One good point is they fixed one of the most annoying flaws in the original since checkpoints now record the number of boxes you've broken making gem collecting far less frustrating.
Image
User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Tragic Magic » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Trelliz wrote:To quote Videogamer, its one of the best 7/10 games in recent years. It absolutely belongs on that pile because it is mostly derivative but nails the atmosphere and style of the source material without being a shitty film tie-in.


Agreed. I played it for maybe 10 hours and I loved it. Wasn't bothered about the"story" but it was really fun customising the car and chasing down the enemy convoys. I spent most of my play time in the first area though so I feel like I might have missed out on some of the cool storms, of which I only saw a couple, and other environments but by that point I'd had my fill and didn't feel the need to play anymore. VG nailed it with that comment.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Squinty » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:33 pm

I really liked Mad Max. It doesn't do anything super well, but it's a solid game.
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Nonsensical post game aside Mad Max was a good game if nothing spectacular. I think "best 7/10 game" is a fair assessment.
Image
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Jazzem » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:20 pm

I should give Mad Max another go, I liked it but didn't really have the motivation to play it at length, perhaps echoing the comments here of it being a decent if not spectacular game.

Probably didn't help that I had played MGS5 beforehand, making it a step down in polish and controls (+ lack of 80s music playlist).
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by KingK » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:24 pm

I gave up on Mad Max after just a few hours. May go back someday but not likely for ages if ever.

I'm about 3-4 hrs into Horizon at the mo having just bought it. It's very Tomb Raider meets The Witcher isn't it
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jazzfook, Met, OldSoulCyborg and 45 guests