Currently Playing in 2017....

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Seven » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm

jawafour wrote:
Seven wrote:Been playing lot of Resi Evil remake on PS4...

Seven! You're back in GR :toot: .

And playing something outside of FF XIV :o . I guess you're taking a mini break ahead of Stormblood arriving? I know I always say that I'm gonna get back into FF XIV... but I struggle to play that and ESO simultaneously.


Yup, burnt myself so I'm taking it easy. I do still play for roleplay as well to chat with people but do have discord for that so it's all good.

And haha it's all good, Im not on Cerberus anymore sadly. Balmung has RP scene hence me there nowdays
Image
TwitterTumblr | Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: RE: Re: Currently Playing in 2017....
by shadow202 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:01 pm

jawafour wrote:I'm back into The Elder Scrolls Online on PS4 and... well... [url=http://grcade.co.uk/t:the-elder-scrolls-online---beta-signup-now?p=4099500#p4099500]it's all rather embarrassing, really[/url] :oops: [emoji38] .

Really enjoying it and I'm setting up my house, though :toot: .

Just think if you have annoying neighbours in this you can kill them.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by jawafour » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Seven wrote:...Im not on Cerberus anymore sadly. Balmung has RP scene hence me there nowdays

Did you leave the guild on the Cerberus server, Seven? I remember that, last time I played (probably about five months ago and that was the first time in ages), you let me join that group... and I haven't logged on since :fp: .

shadow202 wrote:Just think if you have annoying neighbours in this you can kill them.

Blimey, I hadn't thought of that, shadow :lol: . It could be excellent practice for Real Life :toot: .
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Squinty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:53 am

Rayman Origins. It's lovely.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by jawafour » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:06 am

Squinty wrote:Rayman Origins. It's lovely.

It really is, Squinty; even on the Wii, the graphics and gameplay are excellent. I've had fun playing in multiplayer mode with my nephews :toot: .
Ste
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Ste » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:49 am

Doom - Up to a boss fight where after you defeat him once you transport to hell and then have to fight him again. Didn't realise you'd have to fight him again so used all my BFG up on him the first time. :fp: Can't see me beating him without it so might replay earlier levels to pick up stuff I missed first time around.

Resi 4 - Just beat Krauser. The game definitely tails off after you leave the castle. Just feels like going from one set piece to another with not much in between. Eager to get this out the way know.

Forza Horizon 2 - It's going to take a long time to win all those championships! Get a lot of game for your money! Might switch to the bucket list challenges.

FIFA 17 - On a dreadful run of form. Relegated from Division 1 and at danger of a second successive relegation. The January transfer window with Deuloefeu leaving and Everton moving from 4-2-3-1 to playing without wingers has killed me!

Star Wars BF - Working towards the "Win 10 Games of Infiltration" achievement. 7 down, 3 to go. Scarif looks great but there are a lot of invisible walls. Still got 3 Hutt Contracts to go. Getting the Sonic Imploder is taking ages as you need to get 15 kills with the Impact grenade which I'm finding quite difficult to do.

Dead Rising - Making steady progress. Just beat the Psycho with the shopping trolley so I could get the first aid kit.

Mortal Kombat XL - Having not really played this type of game for about 20 years (never really got into 3d fighters) I'm really enjoying. Nice alternative to the other games I'm playing. The achievement system really encourages you to play it. Working my way through completing it with each different character and doing their fatalities etc.
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Arabian Nights on Amiga. I'm actually playing the CD32 version as the load times and controls are better. I think I'm about halfway through this and so far it's a fun platformer with some light puzzle elements. Not sure what they were thinking with the 3rd level being a shoddy scrolling shooter mind you.
Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Ironhide » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Metal Gear Ac!d

Turn based, card game Metal Gear, it shouldn't work yet somehow it does.

The plot is utterly insane, even by MGS standards.
Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:14 am

I've been playing Episode 1 of "Life is Strange" (free on Steam). Finding it pretty slow going (boring) with loads of items you can examine but serve no purpose (like SOMA). The graphics are adequate at best, but disappointing that setting the detail level to maximum doesn't actually make that much difference. After playing "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" (which I think is older), this is pretty disappointing by comparison in the graphics department.

I can't see myself paying for the rest of the episodes at this rate.
Yes?
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by jawafour » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:23 am

Ironhide wrote:Metal Gear Ac!d...The plot is utterly insane, even by MGS standards.

Crumbs! It must be ridiculously bonkers, Ironhide :lol: .
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Ironhide » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:13 pm

jawafour wrote:
Ironhide wrote:Metal Gear Ac!d...The plot is utterly insane, even by MGS standards.

Crumbs! It must be ridiculously bonkers, Ironhide :lol: .


It is.

I'm probably less than half way through it so things likely only get even more batshit from here on.
Image
User avatar
Johnny Jalfrezi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Where-ford? Here-ford!

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Johnny Jalfrezi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Death's Head wrote:I've been playing Episode 1 of "Life is Strange" (free on Steam). Finding it pretty slow going (boring) with loads of items you can examine but serve no purpose (like SOMA). The graphics are adequate at best, but disappointing that setting the detail level to maximum doesn't actually make that much difference. After playing "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" (which I think is older), this is pretty disappointing by comparison in the graphics department.

I can't see myself paying for the rest of the episodes at this rate.


If you can afford it, I would recommend you take a punt on the other episodes regardless. I also found the first episode pretty 'meh', but I don't think any other game has had the emotional impact this one did by its conclusion.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Squinty » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:54 pm

jawafour wrote:
Squinty wrote:Rayman Origins. It's lovely.

It really is, Squinty; even on the Wii, the graphics and gameplay are excellent. I've had fun playing in multiplayer mode with my nephews :toot: .


It just gets better as you get further into the game. One of the best platformers if last gen, if not the best.
User avatar
rudderless
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by rudderless » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Johnny Jalfrezi wrote:
Death's Head wrote:I've been playing Episode 1 of "Life is Strange" (free on Steam). Finding it pretty slow going (boring) with loads of items you can examine but serve no purpose (like SOMA). The graphics are adequate at best, but disappointing that setting the detail level to maximum doesn't actually make that much difference. After playing "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" (which I think is older), this is pretty disappointing by comparison in the graphics department.

I can't see myself paying for the rest of the episodes at this rate.


If you can afford it, I would recommend you take a punt on the other episodes regardless. I also found the first episode pretty 'meh', but I don't think any other game has had the emotional impact this one did by its conclusion.


Yeah, agreed. I'd at least play episode 2 before giving up on it.
[iup=3595962]KB[/iup] wrote:People like Glen Whelan have a proper face!
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Ironhide » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:31 pm

Ironhide wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Ironhide wrote:Metal Gear Ac!d...The plot is utterly insane, even by MGS standards.

Crumbs! It must be ridiculously bonkers, Ironhide :lol: .


It is.

I'm probably less than half way through it so things likely only get even more batshit from here on.


Just had a boss fight which took place on a giant board game, its definitely getting weirder.
Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Rex Kramer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Ironhide wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Ironhide wrote:Metal Gear Ac!d...The plot is utterly insane, even by MGS standards.

Crumbs! It must be ridiculously bonkers, Ironhide :lol: .


It is.

I'm probably less than half way through it so things likely only get even more batshit from here on.

I remember playing that on PSP, didn't get very far though. I seem to remember it being quite difficult.
Image
Current castaway: Rax can be found here. All the previous contributors can be found here.
Tackling the pile of shame part 2 - http://grview.grcade.co.uk/articles/the-7-commandments-of-tackling-the-pile-of-shame/
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:07 pm

rudderless wrote:
Johnny Jalfrezi wrote:
Death's Head wrote:I've been playing Episode 1 of "Life is Strange" (free on Steam). Finding it pretty slow going (boring) with loads of items you can examine but serve no purpose (like SOMA). The graphics are adequate at best, but disappointing that setting the detail level to maximum doesn't actually make that much difference. After playing "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" (which I think is older), this is pretty disappointing by comparison in the graphics department.

I can't see myself paying for the rest of the episodes at this rate.


If you can afford it, I would recommend you take a punt on the other episodes regardless. I also found the first episode pretty 'meh', but I don't think any other game has had the emotional impact this one did by its conclusion.


Yeah, agreed. I'd at least play episode 2 before giving up on it.

I'll have to wait for the next sale as it was only a couple of quid for the whole lot but now back to full price.
Yes?
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Super Mario Bros. on NES. I used to be able to beat this legit, no warp zones, no save states so I want to test myself to see if I still can. Furthest I've made it so far is world 3-3 but I got careless.
Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Rex Kramer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:16 pm

VR Worlds - Scavenger's Odyssey. Well I've finally managed to find a VR game that makes me want to hurl. Thankfully it isn't really very good.
Image
Current castaway: Rax can be found here. All the previous contributors can be found here.
Tackling the pile of shame part 2 - http://grview.grcade.co.uk/articles/the-7-commandments-of-tackling-the-pile-of-shame/
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:40 am

I made it to world 8 in Super Mario Bros. but I only had 2 lives left and no power ups. I think if I should have this beat soon but it does feel overly stingy with the extra lives either that or I just don't know where to find them.
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frank, NickSCFC, popgunrobber, Trelliz and 30 guests