Currently Playing in 2017....

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Squinty » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:15 am

jawafour wrote:
Squinty wrote:...I just started Fallout 3 GotY on PC.

The greatest game of all-time forever :datass: .


It's a really great game despite the rubbish combat. I just love building a character and seeing differences in my playthroughs. I went for a science/speech/laser/melee build this time, and it's really fun.

The sheer amount of random shite that happens in it is awesome.
JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by JediDragon05 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Started Metal Gear Solid 2.

Dat tanker episode :datass:

Just started as the girlie boy.
JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by JediDragon05 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Oh mer gawd, I've spotted a bad guy!
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Brerlappin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:52 am

Ive been on an early-mid 2000s buzz this last week or so, diving headfirst into some of the PS2's best games via the PCSX2 emulator. The emulator is fantastic, able to run all these games at 60fps (with the occasional hitch in SOTC) and at resolutions up to 8x higher than the native PS2 resolution, with anti aliasing, anisotropic filtering, etc etc. Alot of them polish up really nicely.

Shadow of the Colossus still holds up, 10 years after release. I just did the 15th(?) colossus, the flying sand worm kinda thing. Man, charging across the sand on your horse, while this thing swoops low to the ground, riding alongside ti trying to line up the jump onto its fins, with that music blasting, it got my hyped more than most modern games can even come close to.

ICO holds up quite well too. Not as well as SOTC tho, but its still enjoyable. I came across a few moments where its entirely possible to break the game and force you to reload a checkpoint, and fighting the shadow things is alot more frustrating now than i remember it being in 2002, but the atmosphere, music, and even the graphics still hold up really well.

Okami, jesus christ that intro. It close to a half hour, unskippable, and you cant even go make a cup of tea or jerk off because you have to keep pressing X at the end of every sentence. It holds your hand to a ridiculous degree too even when you do get into the game. But it still looks gorgeous, expecially at super high resolutions, the music is awesome and the combat holds up really well.

Tekken Tag is great. I think i finally realized why i never enjoyed the sequels as much as i did TTT, and thats because of the stages they inroduced in 4 & 5. Its so easy to get caught up against a wall in 4 & 5 and it makes it feel super cheap when the cpu manages to get you up against a wall and just throw endless combos. TTT had no arena boundaries and i think its all the better for it. Its soundtrack is fuckign boss tier too, and i honestly think the character models look better in TTT than in 4 & 5.
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Jazzem » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Brerlappin wrote:Ive been on an early-mid 2000s buzz this last week or so, diving headfirst into some of the PS2's best games via the PCSX2 emulator. The emulator is fantastic, able to run all these games at 60fps (with the occasional hitch in SOTC) and at resolutions up to 8x higher than the native PS2 resolution, with anti aliasing, anisotropic filtering, etc etc. Alot of them polish up really nicely.



Man I'm going to have to give this a go sometime, if I can get SoTC running at 60fps I'll play it via emu as opposed to the HD collection. I just hope my i5 6600 is up to the task, I understand these kinds of emulators are CPU dependent.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Brerlappin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Jazzem wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Ive been on an early-mid 2000s buzz this last week or so, diving headfirst into some of the PS2's best games via the PCSX2 emulator. The emulator is fantastic, able to run all these games at 60fps (with the occasional hitch in SOTC) and at resolutions up to 8x higher than the native PS2 resolution, with anti aliasing, anisotropic filtering, etc etc. Alot of them polish up really nicely.



Man I'm going to have to give this a go sometime, if I can get SoTC running at 60fps I'll play it via emu as opposed to the HD collection. I just hope my i5 6600 is up to the task, I understand these kinds of emulators are CPU dependent.


I honestly dont know how good an i5 6600 is so i cant help you there, i have an i7 4770k, and i can get a really good framerate in SOTC. dont get me wrong, its not perfect, colossus 14 i think (the small kinda dog sized one) actually caused more frame drops than any large colossus. I will occasionally go down to 30fps or so. But overall the framerate is great, and the image quality and anti aliasing is better than anything you can get in the HD collection
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Jazzem » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
Jazzem wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Ive been on an early-mid 2000s buzz this last week or so, diving headfirst into some of the PS2's best games via the PCSX2 emulator. The emulator is fantastic, able to run all these games at 60fps (with the occasional hitch in SOTC) and at resolutions up to 8x higher than the native PS2 resolution, with anti aliasing, anisotropic filtering, etc etc. Alot of them polish up really nicely.



Man I'm going to have to give this a go sometime, if I can get SoTC running at 60fps I'll play it via emu as opposed to the HD collection. I just hope my i5 6600 is up to the task, I understand these kinds of emulators are CPU dependent.


I honestly dont know how good an i5 6600 is so i cant help you there, i have an i7 4770k, and i can get a really good framerate in SOTC. dont get me wrong, its not perfect, colossus 14 i think (the small kinda dog sized one) actually caused more frame drops than any large colossus. I will occasionally go down to 30fps or so. But overall the framerate is great, and the image quality and anti aliasing is better than anything you can get in the HD collection


I've had mixed results with Dolphin with stuttering and such, though that might be down to settings/shader caching/game compatibility/etc. Unfortunately it's not a CPU I can overclock so I can't get too ambitious with it.

I was happy with Ico on the HD collection as it was 1080p, but SotC being 900p makes me keen to try it on PCSX2. It is astounding how good the image quality can be in these emulators!
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Rex Kramer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Severed (Vita) - it's really, really good. I think I might have actually worn a groove in the screen on one of the bosses. Feel guilty about not having bought it. If you've got a Vita and PS+ then there is really no excuse.
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Squinty » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:29 am

Their other game, Guacamelee, is fantastic. Keep meaning to try Severed.

Played Fallout 3 all day yesterday. Sorted the crashes out pretty much, basically the game gooseberry fools itself if your PC has more than two cores. Enjoying it now that it doesn't crash everytime a lot of enemies are on screen. Done a few side quests, my character is sitting around the level 13-14 mark, mains melee, lasers, speech and the obligatory lockpick skill.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:40 am

Fortunately, being CPU intensive works in my PCs favour. I only have a 750ti GPU, but the 8 core Xeon runs the Wii version of MK at a higher resolution brilliantly.
Yes?
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Ryse (PC). Enjoyable so far and looks pretty good (graphically).
Yes?
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Trelliz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Evoland 2 - PC

Holy gooseberry fool, a game i'm actually enjoying. A clever rpg which riffs on chrono trigger, zelda, metal gear and others as well as games themselves. As you travel around in time the game's graphics and mechanics change - i went back in time and the graphics down-res'd to 8-bit NES-era but apparently it goes all the way from gameboy-esque LCD up to fairly modern graphics stopping at fire emblem on the way.
Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Pedz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:14 pm

I need to get around to finishing Evoland and start 2.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Rex Kramer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:13 am

Squinty wrote:Their other game, Guacamelee, is fantastic. Keep meaning to try Severed.

I love Drinkbox Studio's stuff but (and Severed is no different) there is always one bit that is completely beyond my abilities. It's not always critical to finishing the game but if you want to platinum it then you need to do it. And no amount of grinding will do, it's usually something deeply muscle memory based. I'm just too old for that now.
PSN: Harmon_Smith
JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by JediDragon05 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Metal Gear solid 2 (extreme, EXTREeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeme mode)

Done well so far but have now reached the fight I've been dreading: girlie boy vs the harrier.

Edit:

Image


Who's yo daddy.

Done :toot:

Edit 2: I lived another day only to face a new nightmare : babysitting mission.

This is beyond ridiculous.
Can't for the life of me, protect Emma. What is it with Japanese game devs & their weird craze with baby sitting missions. Just jog on. I'm trying to stop Solidus & im pissing around with this bollocks. Christ. :x

Edit 3: Done, spent a few hours doing it but finally got there. What a stupendous, mickey taking, vile, disgusting, wretched soul sucking, over the top, draining the god damn fricking life out of me part that was.
Jesus strawberry floating Christ.

Not looking forward to Arsenal / tengu.
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:05 am

Far Cry 4 on PS4. I picked this up pretty cheap last week. I think last I checked I was about a third of the way through this. While it's decent enough thus far it's a little too similar Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon.

I'm glad I left around a year between Far Cry 3 and this as I don't think I would have enjoyed it had I played it right after much like when I thought it would be a good idea to play the Professor Layton games back to back and got as far as starting the second one before getting bored and giving up.
Image
JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by JediDragon05 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:52 pm

Trying to beat Solidus on extreme in Metal Gear Solid 2.

He loves his missiles, I bet the missile shooting twit takes them to bed with him.

He looooooooooooves his missiles. He just can't get enough of them

Edit: sent the filthy animal packing :mrgreen:
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:13 am

Just started Dead Rising on the PS4. Quite disappointed with this, I thought it was some kind of HD remake but it feels old. The character models are clearly last gen (and early last gen at that) and the controls for gun aiming are horrendous. Good job I bought all 3 of the DR games.
Yes?
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Squinty » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Bye bye Boxboy and Fallout 3 GotY.

Both of these :wub:
User avatar
Rapidly-Greying
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Kelty, scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Rapidly-Greying » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:39 pm

Started playing Bioshock infinite yesterday and I must have played it for a good ten hours or so far. Absolutely brilliant it is

I don't know how it's happened but that motion sickness I usually get with first person games has gone. I managed resident evil 7 with no issues and I'm managing this fine as well. Must have been something to do with the lower resolutions or frame rates of the older games.
Rapidly-greying is SHITE at games

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balloon Sod, chanticleer, Frank, ignition, Poser, Red 5 stella, Trelliz, Xeno, Yahoo [Bot] and 47 guests