Currently Playing in 2017....

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by Brerlappin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 am

Tafdolphin wrote:Goddamn Alien Isolation is still good. Managed to get through the first hour (probably the scariest of the lot, what with you not having the motion tracker) and the Alien is now fully unleashed. It's such an oddity of a game: on one hand super frustrating and largely luck based, but on the other it's an incredibly tense game with an unrivalled atmosphere and sense of achievement. Every single thing you achieve feels like a milestone simply because that strawberry floating thing makes everything so tough.

Love it.


The only thing I didn't like about AI was it overstayed its welcome a bit. The last 2-3 hours were really unnecessary. Other than that it was a classic alright

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by Tafdolphin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:17 am

Brerlappin wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Goddamn Alien Isolation is still good. Managed to get through the first hour (probably the scariest of the lot, what with you not having the motion tracker) and the Alien is now fully unleashed. It's such an oddity of a game: on one hand super frustrating and largely luck based, but on the other it's an incredibly tense game with an unrivalled atmosphere and sense of achievement. Every single thing you achieve feels like a milestone simply because that strawberry floating thing makes everything so tough.

Love it.


The only thing I didn't like about AI was it overstayed its welcome a bit. The last 2-3 hours were really unnecessary. Other than that it was a classic alright


The below is a fascinating video of how the Alien AI functions in the game, and how it's actually overseen by a L4D-esque AI Director.


Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Gemini73 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:47 am

Death's Head wrote:Just started RE4 on the PC. The camera. :dread:

Feel like it is giving me motion sickness so £3 down the drain. :x


Fired up Lords of the Fallen again today (day off work). Been a while, forgot how damn tough it is! :dread:

Took a while to get the swing of it again. My biggest issue with the game is the camera is a little erratic at times, which for a game of this type is an absolute no as it can get you killed quite quickly.

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:53 am

Gemini73 wrote:
Death's Head wrote:Just started RE4 on the PC. The camera. :dread:

Feel like it is giving me motion sickness so £3 down the drain. :x


Fired up Lords of the Fallen again today (day off work). Been a while, forgot how damn tough it is! :dread:

Took a while to get the swing of it again. My biggest issue with the game is the camera is a little erratic at times, which for a game of this type is an absolute no as it can get you killed quite quickly.


My biggest gripe with it is spells missing their target, the rogue’s spell Stab for example. It fires a clone of Harkyn towards your desired target that deals pretty heavy damage and is the only way I can deal with certain enemies effectively however sometimes (more often than I’d like) it completely misses the enemy often running straight through them.

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Gemini73 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:57 am

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
Death's Head wrote:Just started RE4 on the PC. The camera. :dread:

Feel like it is giving me motion sickness so £3 down the drain. :x


Fired up Lords of the Fallen again today (day off work). Been a while, forgot how damn tough it is! :dread:

Took a while to get the swing of it again. My biggest issue with the game is the camera is a little erratic at times, which for a game of this type is an absolute no as it can get you killed quite quickly.


My biggest gripe with it is spells missing their target, the rogue’s spell Stab for example. It fires a clone of Harkyn towards your desired target that deals pretty heavy damage and is the only way I can deal with certain enemies effectively however sometimes (more often than I’d like) it completely misses the enemy often running straight through them.


Yes that's a pain in the ass as well. Stab is an excellent spell, however. Using it myself.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by Death's Head » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:23 pm

Yeah, the camera is a bit of an issue at times, particularly when you can't see your own damn character.

Yes?
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by Gemini73 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:07 pm

Bah! The sun has set really low one side of the house so now, even with the curtains drawn, there's a blinding light cascading across the TV screen so I can't see a damn thing in Lords of the Fallen! :x :lol:

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by Gemini73 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:30 pm

Just bought Dead Space via XBL for £3.75. Played about three quarters of it when it was first released but never finished it, so that's my Halloween gaming sorted.

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by Lotus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:30 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Just bought Dead Space via XBL for £3.75. Played about three quarters of it when it was first released but never finished it, so that's my Halloween gaming sorted.

I also have Dead Space sitting unplayed. It had crossed my mind that this week would be a good time to start it. It's either that or Resident Evil 4.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:58 pm

I think I'm only one trophy short of the platinum in Dead Space. I need to beat it on the highest difficulty but I imagine that being a bit of a chore so I doubt I'll ever get around to it.

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:56 pm

Kids are out trick or treating so I've begun playing Dead Space. Forgot how truly brilliant this is. I'll definitely see it through to the end this time.

Not sure how the games transition to the X1 has improved anything I can't recall how it ran on 360, but the framerate seems pretty smooth and the visuals are clean and sharp.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by Squinty » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:45 am

Gemini73 wrote:Kids are out trick or treating so I've begun playing Dead Space. Forgot how truly brilliant this is. I'll definitely see it through to the end this time.

Not sure how the games transition to the X1 has improved anything I can't recall how it ran on 360, but the framerate seems pretty smooth and the visuals are clean and sharp.


I played this at the start of the year again. I loved everything about it bar the turret section. Still the best game in the series.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by jawafour » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:51 pm

For the first time in ages, I've turned on my PS3. I've loaded up Deadly Premonition... it's one of my fave games bar I never got that far into it before.

I recall that the opening chapter is a bit of a pain in some aspects but I will start afresh so that I got the proper experience. The PS3 is not dead!

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by jawafour » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:19 pm

...dang! I'd forgotten just how creepy and funny and rubbish and fantastic this is :lol: . I'd *love* a remake of the game, although you'd need to be careful not to detract from any of the clunky charm.

Wouldn't you agree, Zach?

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:58 pm

jawafour wrote:...dang! I'd forgotten just how creepy and funny and rubbish and fantastic this is [emoji38] . I'd *love* a remake of the game, although you'd need to be careful not to detract from any of the clunky charm.

Wouldn't you agree, Zach?
I tried playing this but the PC version is knackered for controller support and the frame rate on the PS3 is poor. If I ever get this working with a controller on a PC I may one day return to it.....

Yes?
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Gemini73 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:49 pm

So I've started TLoU again. Third time.

Yeah perhaps I should really be firing up something I've yet to play at all, but when you get an itch...

*edit* Things just got interesting. The wife has asked if I'd move the PS3 from the games room back into the living room as she'd like to see TLoU as she'd heard so much about it. Outside of her mobile phone she doesn't game much at all these days, (Disney Infinity on Xbox with the kids mostly). Maybe I can encourage her to try TLoU for herself...

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Trelliz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 am

The Turing Test - PC

A decent puzzle game that isn't quite as clever as it thinks it is; its not as good as the Talos Principle but pretty close to Portal.

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Seven » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:29 am

The Nonary Games (PS4)

I've been streamed the whole of 999 as I replay it so my boyfriend can watch me playing it, and it was fun hearing his reactions and thoughts. The remaster/remake is also best way to play the game (except the last puzzle maybe, since it's... Too easy on this one) with flowchart addition, text advancement, and be able to jump to any earlier sections.

With 999 done I've went ahead and started Virtue Last Reward again, there seems to be no real difference between the original release and this one, which is what I expected really. I don't remember how puzzles work so it's great time to play vlr without any advantage save knowing how the flowchart works.

Image
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by dmin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Just finished The Last of Us and on Left Behind now. Pretty sure I'm about half way through. Must give TLoU multiplayer a go too.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing at Halloween 2017....
by jawafour » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:22 pm

jawafour wrote:For the first time in ages, I've turned on my PS3. I've loaded up Deadly Premonition...

jawafour wrote:...dang! I'd forgotten just how creepy and funny and rubbish and fantastic this is :lol: ...

It really is super-odd and I'm having a lot of fun getting back into this. Tech-wise it's weak but, for storyline and atmosphere, it's terrific. I've just met Mr Stewart :o .

I think we should carry on, Zach.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyXL, Bing [Bot], Brerlappin, Crimson, darksideby182, Finish.Last, HSH28, irishguy2008, Memento Mori, Pedz, Saint of Killers, Sir Delboy, Skippy and 42 guests