Currently Playing in 2017....

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by jawafour » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Sniper Elite III on PS4. I went back to this yesterday after taking a couple of weeks break. Initially I'd forgotten the controls and ended up taking a "Rambo" approach rather than the more-suited stealth style. Luckily, being on Easy mode, I got away with it! Playing this'll morning, I returned to a slower pace of attack and made more headway. It really is great fun; I enjoy sneaking around, marking enemies and taking them out from a distance.

I'm currently in the middle of episode 5; just over half-way through the campaign. As I said before, I'd not previously played a sniper game and I'm glad that I now have - it's right up my street :toot: .

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by lex-man » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:14 pm

Still playing a load of Street Fighter V. I really enjoy the game. It's really nice that it's cross platform as I can reliably get a multiplayer match going on. Being trying to unlock characters by winning fight money although it's becoming real up hill battle to get more, as I start to do the easier challenges.

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:10 am

Still Far Cry 4. About 75% of the way through this now, just took out the third fortress. The difficulty definitely picks up a bit once you hit North Kyrat.

Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Lotus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:00 am

Excite Truck
Mm. Started off as reasonably enjoyable, but it has quickly become dull and tedious. The lack of variety in locations, coupled with the crash-happy nature of the racing and the annoying handling just makes me not enjoy it. I've completed the bronze and silver cups but will probably give up now. Only paid £1 for it so feel I've seen and done as much as I want to for the price. Looks awful as well.

Sonic Generations
Pleasantly surpised by this. Enjoyed the demo years back, and saw it going cheap on Steam. Looks pretty nice, runs smooth and fast, and I love the re-imagined levels and throwbacks to the original games in the form of music, jokes and little nods here and there. Plenty to do as well. Only downside is the controls, which are awful at times, particularly with modern Sonic. How, after making so many games in the 3D style, they still can't get the controls right, is shocking. Even the 2D jumping isn't great; unresponsive and weirdly floaty. That being said, the 3D sections aren't as terrible as in recent games, and even verge on entertaining. Finally, this just goes to show how terrible the new Sonic looks. 'Classic' Sonic is so much more visually appealing and charming than the obnoxious, crap-looking new model. Looking forward to playing more of this though, just got to adjust to the crap factor of the controls.

Banjo Tooie
Steadily working through this. I have about 5 or 6 worlds completely done. I'm not massivley keen on Hailfire Peaks as a level, nor Cloud Cuckooland, which are unfortunately where I need to be spending most of my time now. I've been to the final level, and attempted the quiz, but didn't get too far. Hopefully the end quiz/boss isn't as annoying as it was in BK. Decent game, but nowhere near the level of the original.

The House of the Dead: Overkill
Just started this. It looks horrendous, but it's mindless fun, and I imagine will be a good way to kill some time in a mindless shooting kind of way.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Rex Kramer » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:03 am

Lotus wrote:Excite Truck
Mm. Started off as reasonably enjoyable, but it has quickly become dull and tedious. The lack of variety in locations, coupled with the crash-happy nature of the racing and the annoying handling just makes me not enjoy it. I've completed the bronze and silver cups but will probably give up now. Only paid £1 for it so feel I've seen and done as much as I want to for the price. Looks awful as well.

One thing I remember about Excite Truck, you can play custom soundtracks from an SD card and 'Burn, Baby Burn' by Ash sync's just about perfectly with the countdown to the start of a race.

Image
Current castaway: Rax can be found here. All the previous contributors can be found here.
Tackling the pile of shame part 2 - http://grview.grcade.co.uk/articles/the-7-commandments-of-tackling-the-pile-of-shame/
User avatar
Cal
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Cal » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:11 am

jawafour wrote:Sniper Elite III on PS4. I went back to this yesterday after taking a couple of weeks break. Initially I'd forgotten the controls and ended up taking a "Rambo" approach rather than the more-suited stealth style. Luckily, being on Easy mode, I got away with it! Playing this'll morning, I returned to a slower pace of attack and made more headway. It really is great fun; I enjoy sneaking around, marking enemies and taking them out from a distance.

I'm currently in the middle of episode 5; just over half-way through the campaign. As I said before, I'd not previously played a sniper game and I'm glad that I now have - it's right up my street :toot: .


Slow and careful is definitely the best way to enjoy the game, imo. The game rarely, if ever, hurries you to accomplish your tasks and you can pretty much do them in any order you choose. I spent two and half hours just clearing one map. Never got shot at once. Once you know when to use suppressed rounds vs ordinary rounds (or just going for a sneaky melee kill) the game pretty much makes you the Boss and then it's all about careful strategy and scoping out every situation, noting AI patrol routines before deciding on the best way to clear the enemies.

It is possible, on a much less controlled scale, to approach Wildlands in a similar fashion. Wildlands, however, suffers from a tendency towards daft gamification - one mistake and endless waves of brainless AI start swarming you and the whole thing falls apart rather quickly. I've done a few sneaky stealth missions in Wildlands where I've 'ghosted' into a mission, achieved the goal and then slipped back out completely unnoticed. It's just a lot harder to avoid having the game lapse into absolute daftness than it is in Sniper 4.

Looking forward to Sniper 3 Ghost Warrior. Hopefully a much better alternative to Wildlands.

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Gemini73 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:41 am

Currently dipping in and out of...

Zelda BOTW - Wii U
Far Cry 4 - PS4
F1 2016 - PS4
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic - PC
Moto GP - PS3
Super Street Fighter IV - PC

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Tafdolphin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Nier Automata

It's good. It's very, very good. It's great even. I don't think I'm quite onboard as some reviewers, those calling it a timeless masterpiece, but it's definitely extremely engaging. I just think there's too much busy work and filler. The sidequests are good narratively, but dull as strawberry float to actually complete. The world too is incredibly bland and looks like an upscaled PS3 game, which it probably is. The story is pure excellence though, and there're more twists and turns than a serpentine strip-club.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Seven » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Past four days I've been playing Ape Escape 2 and got all trophies on it last night, I've now started Persona 5 :3 Liking it so far!

Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Lotus » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Sonic Generations
There's a decent game here, but it's a shame that the controls are so poor. It's staggering that after making so many shitty 3D Sonic games, they still haven't realised that the controls just don't work. Even 2D Sonic's controls are too floaty and imprecise, while 3D Sonic's are unresponsive, unwieldy, and awkward. Some of the levels are good, while others I kinda wonder why they included them, and the challenge stages are a mixed bag as well; some are fun, some just aren't, while others are frustrating, mainly because of the controls.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Squinty » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:45 pm

My bro bought me Kerbal Space Program for Christmas, so I stuck that on. Done a few tutorials and it seems pretty cool, if a little complex for me. Made a rocket break out of atmosphere and come back down. Gonna finish the tutorials and have a bash at the actual mode.

Also playing Rhythm Heaven on the original DS. I shelved this when I bought it all those years ago, didn't like the controls. Gave it another try as I love the Wii/3DS games, and it's winning me over. I do find the stylus a bit imprecise, but I'm doing okay so far.

Hey now, here is my song, for you, yeah that's right :wub:

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Crash Bandicoot on PS1 via PS3. I have beaten this 100% in the past but not for a long time. I'm currently sat at 47% and haven't missed any gems or keys that are actually possible to collect yet however I think I'm approaching Slippery Climb soon and I remember that level being a ball ache just to beat never mind get all the boxes there.

Image
JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by JediDragon05 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Sniper Elite V2.

This multiplayer is a crock of poo. Dirty, nazi festering tacked on poo.

Playing a mode called bombing run, you have to run around , taking out nazi scum & find parts for your vehicle. Can grab the first three but someone in Berlin must have a 118 118 dial up a bad guy hotline going on (totally strawberry floating generic these days). I can't roll my strawberry floating eyes hard enough to show my displeasure at shite tier game design. I'd let it go if it was a few bad dudes running riot. But it's not.

Not made a good impression on me, not at all.

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Godzilla » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:26 pm

Earth Defense Force - it's just such good fun. Only 10 levels in, still 70 or so to go.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Tafdolphin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:51 am

Stellaris.

My Conglomerate elevated itself to post-humanity via cybernetic implants, then the offspring of the Posts began identifying as the Meta-Posts and kicked off a racial war. Then the Posts burned down the Meta-Posts' city and all hell broke loose.

Then a ringworld building Fallen Empire of mollusc people invaded because I was getting too close and too powerful. Then I died.

It's strawberry floating great.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Ste
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Ste » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:08 am

On my second run through of Dead Rising.

First time around I did all the main cases but when it got to the bit where you had to hang round for 12 hours with the soldiers, couldn't be bothered with that so got knocked out a couple of times to get rid of time and then just got back to the heliport on time.

Only realised when it was too late that you don't get the proper ending that way.

So aims for playing through again:
Get the Level 50 achievement. Currently at about 35 and have just carried Carlito's girlfriend back to the security room so after I've spent 12 hours killing zombies I should make it. Thinking of just camping in the food store next to the sword shop for that bit.
Get the 20 survivors achievement. Already got 23 (didn't realise first time around you could give them weapons :fp: ). Next one up is 50 survivors achievement, can't see me doing that so mightn't bother much with survivors going forward.
Get the true ending without being knocked out achievement.

One of the achievements is reveal all cases and get to the heliport on time. I thought I'd done that first time around but it didn't unlock, does that include the extra "Scoop" cases?

I was in two minds whether I would bother playing through it again but I'm glad I did as I'm enjoying it and whizzing through a lot quicker now I'm at a higher level.

User avatar
Cyburn2
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London UK

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Cyburn2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Uncharted 4 - PS4
Steamworld Heist - 3DS
Pic-a-Pix Colour - 3DS

Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Death's Head » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Ste wrote:On my second run through of Dead Rising.

First time around I did all the main cases but when it got to the bit where you had to hang round for 12 hours with the soldiers, couldn't be bothered with that so got knocked out a couple of times to get rid of time and then just got back to the heliport on time.

Only realised when it was too late that you don't get the proper ending that way.

So aims for playing through again:
Get the Level 50 achievement. Currently at about 35 and have just carried Carlito's girlfriend back to the security room so after I've spent 12 hours killing zombies I should make it. Thinking of just camping in the food store next to the sword shop for that bit.
Get the 20 survivors achievement. Already got 23 (didn't realise first time around you could give them weapons :fp: ). Next one up is 50 survivors achievement, can't see me doing that so mightn't bother much with survivors going forward.
Get the true ending without being knocked out achievement.

One of the achievements is reveal all cases and get to the heliport on time. I thought I'd done that first time around but it didn't unlock, does that include the extra "Scoop" cases?

I was in two minds whether I would bother playing through it again but I'm glad I did as I'm enjoying it and whizzing through a lot quicker now I'm at a higher level.

What are you playing this on? Original on 360?

Yes?
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2017....
by jawafour » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Started Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (PS4) this evening. I don't know anything about the manga / anime but...

> I am a relatively new fan of the Warriors series of games
> I liked how crazy and weird the game looked in a few YouTube clips
> I didn't want to pay the asking price at launch and so I waited until I could pick it up on disc for a reasonable price. I rarely buy PS4 games on disc but I make an exception for Koei Tecmo titles

Twenty-odd minutes in and there is tons of violence, beguiling oddness and I have a sore thumb from hammering the Square button :lol: :toot: .

Ste
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed
Contact:

PostRe: RE: Re: Currently Playing in 2017....
by Ste » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Death's Head wrote:What are you playing this on? Original on 360?


X1 definitive version.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andretmzt, Gemini73, Google [Bot], Jenuall, Kanbei, Monkey Man, NickSCFC and 38 guests