Currently Playing in 2018....

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Lotus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:24 am

Far Cry 3
Gone back to this after a bit of a break. Enjoying it more now that I'm focusing on the story a bit more and pissing about less with the loot boxes and relics. Good to have them as a diversion, but strawberry float me, do there have to be so many? Throw in the shooting challenges, hunting missions, execution missions, poker, knife throwing, memory cards, lost letters...so much gooseberry fool to do. Anyway, it's still fun. Shame Jason is annoying and unlikeable.

F1 All Stars
Getting through this slowly but surely. Just playing one championship every couple of days or so. Enjoyable enough.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by more heat than light » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:21 am

Knoyleo wrote:I've just played about 15 minutes of Oxenfree and it's boring me senseless. There's just nothing but dialogue, and it's strawberry floating boring dialogue to boot. It feels like there's far too much of it, as I keep getting voice lines cut short because something I've done has triggered another one. I've seen this game get heaps of praise, but I don't think it's for me at all.


I wasn't a fan of that either. It was really slow paced and the story didn't grab me at all.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Trelliz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:34 am

Goldeneye Reloaded - Xbox 360

I'm enjoying this as a one-and-done 6-7 hour shooter that retells the story but in its own way. The guns sound and feel a bit rubbish though, even big guns like the AK sound like a stapler. Plus it wouldn't hurt to have a little picture of the gun you're going to pick up on the ui because they all have made up names so I have no idea what a "Scofield 465" or whatever is when scraping around for something in a firefight. It runs smoothly 95% of the time, however it does betray its wii origins in the looks department.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Buffalo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 am

more heat than light wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:I've just played about 15 minutes of Oxenfree and it's boring me senseless. There's just nothing but dialogue, and it's strawberry floating boring dialogue to boot. It feels like there's far too much of it, as I keep getting voice lines cut short because something I've done has triggered another one. I've seen this game get heaps of praise, but I don't think it's for me at all.


I wasn't a fan of that either. It was really slow paced and the story didn't grab me at all.


The general tone of that game was quite frankly a mess. Like it was written and conceived by 3 strangers then thrown together. So jarringly inconsistent.

Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Brerlappin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 am

Witcher 3

Enjoying this a lot more a second time around. I never finished it when it was released, so after replaying Witcher 2, i got the DLC for W3 and started a new game. Im loving just exploring, picking up all the ? markers, doign contracts, and dipping in and out of the main story. I even got into Gwent, which was something i totally ignored last time around. I strawberry floating love Gwent now :lol:

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Trelliz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Brerlappin wrote:Witcher 3

Enjoying this a lot more a second time around. I never finished it when it was released, so after replaying Witcher 2, i got the DLC for W3 and started a new game. Im loving just exploring, picking up all the ? markers, doign contracts, and dipping in and out of the main story. I even got into Gwent, which was something i totally ignored last time around. I strawberry floating love Gwent now :lol:


I think there's a mod which makes every major fight into a gwent match - if you win they just drop down dead :lol:.

Shame i'll be playing it on
PS4
as my pc isn't up to the task, so no such things for me.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Brerlappin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:09 pm

Trelliz wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Witcher 3

Enjoying this a lot more a second time around. I never finished it when it was released, so after replaying Witcher 2, i got the DLC for W3 and started a new game. Im loving just exploring, picking up all the ? markers, doign contracts, and dipping in and out of the main story. I even got into Gwent, which was something i totally ignored last time around. I strawberry floating love Gwent now :lol:


I think there's a mod which makes every major fight into a gwent match - if you win they just drop down dead :lol:.

Shame i'll be playing it on
PS4
as my pc isn't up to the task, so no such things for me.


That sounds incredible :lol:

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Trelliz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Its actually every fight, but if you fight a group you kill them all in a single game.

Also don't forget the Pro Witcher 3 mod that lets you skateboard across the world:
http://www.pcgamer.com/turn-geralt-into-an-extreme-sports-nut-with-pro-witcher-3-mod/

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Begun HZD Complete Edition. Very good, exceptional even, however after BotW not being able to scale all cliff faces in Horizon is strangely noticeable.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Jordan UK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Jordan UK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Enjoying this more than Origins or Unity. Still a bit of a collectathon but the strong characters, better-than-normal fighting mechanics, interesting setting and links to the other games in the series have kept me interested. May end being my second favourite in the series (after Black Flag).

JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by JediDragon05 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:39 pm

Uncharted 4 : The Lost Legacy

Just trying to grab the platinum, currently doing the APC battle on chapter 6 on crushing mode.

Some serious legit hardcore bullshit.

Edit got a message telling me to stay behind cover. No gooseberry fool sunshine. Except there really isn’t anywhere to hide & if the bad dudes think they’ve seen you, then they see you regardless.

I can’t roll my eyes hard enough at this part.

Look :roll:

I’m so frustrated I’m rolling them again :roll:

Edit 2: Ho Ho Ho I have you now you little Jimmy

Edit 3: can’t believe that moron drove the APC into the building & killed me. One more go because I’ve just about had enough for one night

Come fight death with me
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Brerlappin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:20 am

Trelliz wrote:Its actually every fight, but if you fight a group you kill them all in a single game.

Also don't forget the Pro Witcher 3 mod that lets you skateboard across the world:
http://www.pcgamer.com/turn-geralt-into-an-extreme-sports-nut-with-pro-witcher-3-mod/


Holy gooseberry fool :lol: I need that! I only ever used boring mods like infinite carry weight and stuff. Need my Witcher experience to be more EXTREMEEEE!!

Still palying a bit of Battle Chasers in between Witcher 3 sessions. Its probably one of the msot enjoyable dungeon crawlers/turn based games ive palyed in years. Its complex enough to have depth but not so deep you get lost in the tutorial a la Pillar of Eternity or something. A bit grindy and the story is still fairly uninteresting but i love the art & gameplay so its all good.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Squinty » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:49 am

I'm playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Seems like more if the same. Not necessarily a bad thing. I see they've nicked blink from Dishonored as well. Good stuff. I want to play as a stealthy mummy strawberry floater.

User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Tragic Magic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Just started Aviary Attorney and it's great. The first, very short, case had me laughing a lot which I rarely do when when I read. It also had a very interesting ending and the investigation feels quite open ended which makes it feel different to the Ace Attorney games. I'm not sure if that's just an illusion that the game has cleverly created but it definitely felt that you could miss evidence which would therefore change future events. I'm definitely looking forward to playing more of it.

Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:40 pm

M&M 7: For Blood & Honour - Fancied some old school RPGing and M&M 7 is one of my favourites, so I have started it again this evening.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Brerlappin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Tragic Magic wrote:Just started Aviary Attorney and it's great. The first, very short, case had me laughing a lot which I rarely do when when I read. It also had a very interesting ending and the investigation feels quite open ended which makes it feel different to the Ace Attorney games. I'm not sure if that's just an illusion that the game has cleverly created but it definitely felt that you could miss evidence which would therefore change future events. I'm definitely looking forward to playing more of it.


AA was excellent. Sparrowson is the best :lol:

User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Tragic Magic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Just completed the second case as well because I couldn't wait. I love it!

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Brerlappin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 pm

It loses its way a bit in the last case but its still an awesome game

Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:39 am

Playing Ghost Recon Wildlands with my friend again last night/this morning and the Predator story arc kicked in. Now we're the hunted...

Predator music from the movie. This is awesome, and surprisingly scary! :shock:

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Today I have been mostly playing...Warriors All-Stars (PS4).

Bonkers, but a lot of fun. Going to introduce my daughters to the series, I'd think they'd like it.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Rightey, tolrag and 47 guests