Currently Playing in 2018....

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Vermilion » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:28 pm

Nearing the end of Kiwami 2 now, but Majima-san never fails to impress...


User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Saint of Killers » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:39 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:

:( :( :(




:cry: :cry: :cry:
:toot: :toot: :toot:
:msgreen: :msgreen: :msgreen:

Utterly brilliant game but I'm still not done with it.

Going from Dead Cells to SotN :slol: :? "Why is everything moving at half speed?"

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Squinty » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:34 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Finished my Meganium only run of Crystal over the weekend, was a lot easier than I was expecting (didn't even faint once although I did get lucky on a couple of occasions early on in the game). Should get back to Octopath now but if I'm honest it's not doing a great job of making me want to play it, I found the same issue last time when I reached my 5th party member, it's kind of annoying to have to grind them up to a reasonable level before even taking on their opening chapter (opening chapters are now recommended level 11 for me). I expect I'll probably end back up on Skyrim or BoTW for the time being, or start the Torna DLC.


Meganium only run? That's insane :lol:

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Ironhide » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:40 pm

Yubel wrote:Back and forth with Fortnite and Just Cause 3. Fortnite is pretty compelling at the moment but I also want to play through JC3's DLC (Sky Fortress, Mech Land Assault and Bavarium Sea Heist) by around the middle of November.

Put together another 'destruction frenzy' compilation too, as the way gooseberry fool explodes in this game is always so satisfying. :toot:



I don't often wish I was still physically able to play fast paced action games, but the Just Cause games look so cool and fun to play that I can't help but feel a slight pang of envy.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Robbo-92 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Squinty wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Finished my Meganium only run of Crystal over the weekend, was a lot easier than I was expecting (didn't even faint once although I did get lucky on a couple of occasions early on in the game). Should get back to Octopath now but if I'm honest it's not doing a great job of making me want to play it, I found the same issue last time when I reached my 5th party member, it's kind of annoying to have to grind them up to a reasonable level before even taking on their opening chapter (opening chapters are now recommended level 11 for me). I expect I'll probably end back up on Skyrim or BoTW for the time being, or start the Torna DLC.


Meganium only run? That's insane :lol:


I've done a lot of only runs (as I dare say a lot of people on here have done over the years but I do keep HM users on my team at all time) in my time but I always put a Meganium only run off as I thought it'd be one of the harder ones, turns out it wasn't :D

Image

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Pedz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:13 am

Robbo-92 wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Finished my Meganium only run of Crystal over the weekend, was a lot easier than I was expecting (didn't even faint once although I did get lucky on a couple of occasions early on in the game). Should get back to Octopath now but if I'm honest it's not doing a great job of making me want to play it, I found the same issue last time when I reached my 5th party member, it's kind of annoying to have to grind them up to a reasonable level before even taking on their opening chapter (opening chapters are now recommended level 11 for me). I expect I'll probably end back up on Skyrim or BoTW for the time being, or start the Torna DLC.


Meganium only run? That's insane :lol:


I've done a lot of only runs (as I dare say a lot of people on here have done over the years but I do keep HM users on my team at all time) in my time but I always put a Meganium only run off as I thought it'd be one of the harder ones, turns out it wasn't :D


You ever do that run in the Pokémon games where if a Pokémon faints you leave release it? I think it's called a nuzleaf run or challenge.

Edit: it's called Nuzlocke.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Robbo-92 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:48 am

Pedz wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Finished my Meganium only run of Crystal over the weekend, was a lot easier than I was expecting (didn't even faint once although I did get lucky on a couple of occasions early on in the game). Should get back to Octopath now but if I'm honest it's not doing a great job of making me want to play it, I found the same issue last time when I reached my 5th party member, it's kind of annoying to have to grind them up to a reasonable level before even taking on their opening chapter (opening chapters are now recommended level 11 for me). I expect I'll probably end back up on Skyrim or BoTW for the time being, or start the Torna DLC.


Meganium only run? That's insane :lol:


I've done a lot of only runs (as I dare say a lot of people on here have done over the years but I do keep HM users on my team at all time) in my time but I always put a Meganium only run off as I thought it'd be one of the harder ones, turns out it wasn't :D


You ever do that run in the Pokémon games where if a Pokémon faints you leave release it? I think it's called a nuzleaf run or challenge.

Edit: it's called Nuzlocke.


Sadly not, I think that might be the next thing to try though.

Image

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Vermilion » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:23 pm

I've been heating up some junk...


User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Errkal » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 am

Been playing Arkham Asylum. Have for the first time passed the 2 venom filled strawberry floaters in the botanical gardens so yay.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by DarkRula » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:55 am

With the original Assassin's Creed on Games With Gold, I jumped on it to try it out. Good mechanics if a bit clunky, but being within the world is nice.

Image
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Pedz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:10 pm

What I love about AC is the targets (from memory) aren't scripted like in 2 onwards. As in you can actually sneak up on a main target, stab it in the back and leave where as most of the time in 2 onwards it's sneak up, cutscene, chase.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Robbo-92 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:39 am

Completed the main quest in Skyrim last night, not my first time completing but my first time on the Switch. I did have one glitch in the run up to the end though and that was in the first fight against Alduin, in that he was invincible! I think this is a common glitch and a reload (plus doing a few more quests in-between) sorted it out. I always forget how beautiful Sovngarde is :wub:

Think I might finally crack on with Dawnguard and then Dragonborn now as I've never actually fully played the DLC packs despite how many times I've played Skyrim in the past, or I could start a fresh game...… :D Reckon my next run will be a mage type, might break it and get to the point where I can enchant armour and spam master level destruction spells for 0 magika cost.

Image

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Tafdolphin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:09 pm

Destiny 2 as it's now free on PC.

It's ok.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Tafdolphin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Destiny 2 as it's now free on PC.

It's ok.


If you can handle the repetitive nature, the moment to moment gameplay is best in class. Bungie know how to make a fun shooter no doubt.


Yeah, it's gotten a lot better after leaving Titan. It's also hands down the prettiest game I've ever played: each new location is just...jaw dropping.

The gunplay is amazing, as usual, and the adventures are adding a bit more to the campaign than last time, but it's very much same old same old. Certainly nothing there that's convinced me to drop £35 on Forsaken.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Parksey » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:02 am

It depends what you're playing Destiny for.

Forsaken is, arguably, the best Destiny has ever been. The new campaign is good (and has some implications for the plot and lore if you like that), the raid is meant to be one of the best, the grind is now spread out over a dozen or so different activities so you can pick where you do it, they rebalanced a lot of what was wrong with the vanilla game and stuff is still on-going in the endgame zone.

There's also Gambit, which is possibly the best mode in the game with a team.

Again though, it depends what you play Destiny for. If you're just doing the story missions, then that's probably only about 5% of the game for those who play it hardcore. The story missions are decent and replayable but it's not the same as a linear FPS campaign like Doom, Wolfenstein, Titanfall 2 etc.

I would advise you to give Forsaken a go if you were hooked on Destiny 1 in the past. It's at least as good as The Taken King, probably better. Plus you'd get Warmkdn and Osiris too so there's a decent chunk of content in there.

I got Forsaken at launch and, bar a week when I was abroad, I've played it most nights. I only got to max power level last week, and I still have six or seven exotic quests, one raid lair to finish, two to prestige, the Forsaken raid itself, gambit ranks, crucible ranks, god rolls to find, lore to seek out, all but one of the Forsaken exotics to find and triumphs to get. Then I'll probably work on my second character.


And this is from playing it an hour or so most nights too. There's a lot of meaningful stuff you can work towards now, if you let the game grab you. As was said, the gunplay and feel of your character are still the best out there.

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Knoyleo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:30 am

Darkest Dungeon

Picked it up in the Steam Halloween sale, and so glad I did, because this is definitely my gooseberry fool. I love that there is no perfect way to play this, as it makes the inevitable failed missions and character deaths so much less frustrating. Combat feels weighty, and like each move has consequence. Balancing your party between experience and stress, and the different class combinations available to you as your character availability changes. I love the way that character experiences in a dungeon result in long term personality traits, too. A character who's sent to Death's door by an enemy might develop a permanent fear of that enemy type. My strongest front row character is also a selfish thief, so if I bring him along to increase my combat success, I know there's a risk he'll start pinching loot for himself. I also really like the way the game won't let you settle on an easy strategy, partly through the constant churn in your line up, but also how much positioning affects combat. Certain enemies will be out of reach to some characters, while if one of your characters is out of place, they won't be able to attack, meaning you have to hurriedly rearrange your team if entering combat surprised, and so out of your selected order. There are also moves like the Grave Robber's lunge, a powerful physical attack, but which shifts them to the front of your group, where they can't attack next turn, and might shift your dedicated front line fighter back, so they can't attack either. Great as a strong finisher, but try it and miss, and you're gooseberry fool out of luck.

But it rewards experimentation, too. If a fight, or a dungeon crawl, isn't going your way, you can fall back. You'll fail the quest, and characters will suffer stress penalties, but you get to keep your loot, and more importantly, keep your party alive to fight another day, so long as you can afford to let them recover back in town.

Can't wait to get further into it. I've still got new class types to try out, and good class combos too find. Dreading the boss dungeons already, though. :dread:

User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Parksey » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:16 pm

I have Darkest Dungeon on my PS4, but I'm always wondering if I should wait and get it on sale on the Switch for portability factor.

Is it a good port? I imagine it's a game well suited to handheld mode?

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Photek » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Brerlappin wrote:I really need to give this another try. I loved it at first, but fell into the trap of getting pissed off when my party members died, instead of just accepting that its part of the game

I had the same experience, got really annoyed and left it alone.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Vermilion » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:23 pm

Finished Kiwami 2 over the weekend, which means i'm now playing my next adventure with Kiryu-san.


User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Been playing some Drum N Fun for Switch and I've been having a lot of fun, I didn't get the ludicrously Drum accessory but the button controls are fine enough. The music is really catchy.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kriken, Parksey and 61 guests