Currently Playing in 2018....

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Hexen 2 (PC)

Fallout 3 GOTY (PC)

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Robbo-92 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:42 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I'm currently playing through West of Loathing, rather enjoying it.

After this I'll be starting Hollow Knight, a game I've been looking forward to playing for a long time now.


I used to play Kingdom of Loathing years ago, loved the strange humour of it all.


Yeah the humour is great, is Kingdom of Loathing from the same developers then?


Not sure but they're set in the same fictional universe.

KoL was a browser based RPG with a fantasy parody theme rather than the western theme of WoL but the two look similar gameplay wise.

KoL was far better than it should have been, it was the humour and writing that made it great.


Probably similar case with West of Loathing, nice game to play but the writing and humour sets it apart.

Image

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Pedz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Dead Island, but less interesting. Nah. Dead Island was gooseberry fool, even in co-op it was gooseberry fool. Dying Light was fab.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Robbo-92 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:36 pm

I never played Dead Island, it's initial trailer made me so hopeful it'd be great.

Image

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:56 pm

I like both Dying Light and Dead Island. Both have strengths, both have weaknesses, but they are both equally great games.


Anyway, gone back to a bit of Skyrim (PC) this evening. Haven't played it in quite a while and returning to it has been a lot of fun.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by GrinWithoutaKat » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Playing New Vegas for the first time after the trailer for 76 got me in the mood for some Fallout. It's crazy how quickly time flies. Last month I was playing MGS4 which is 10 years old. When MGS4 came out, not even the original MGS was 10 years old. Similar with Fallout. F3 is 10 years old, the same length of time that had passed since Fallout 2, when it came out.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:09 pm

Just started The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker on Switch. Really enjoying it so far. Wireless USB keyboard feels like it's adding a lot to the experience, but no doubt at some point I will try the touch keyboard and will report back on how much it impacts the flow.

Edit - just played a bit using the touch screen and it works really well. Probably makes this the definitive version if you want the option of portability.

So far though, very impressed with the interface, acting, and the level of interaction offered (for an fmv game). I adored Her Story, and although I doubt this will leave such a strong mark on me afterwards, it's a much meatier experience and well worth 8 quid if the genre is one you have any passion for.

Last edited by kazanova_Frankenstein on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:31 pm

GrinWithoutaKat wrote:Playing New Vegas for the first time after the trailer for 76 got me in the mood for some Fallout. It's crazy how quickly time flies. Last month I was playing MGS4 which is 10 years old. When MGS4 came out, not even the original MGS was 10 years old. Similar with Fallout. F3 is 10 years old, the same length of time that had passed since Fallout 2, when it came out.


I'd only started New Vegas myself just before last Christmas. Really must get back into it as what I played was very good.

I know what you mean about the Fallout 76 reveal getting one in the mood for Fallout, or Bethesda RPGs in general, hence my playing Fallout 3 earlier today and Skyrim right now.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
The Last Ginja
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Fuddle

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by The Last Ginja » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:14 am

Gemini73 wrote:Ghost Recon Wildlands - Co-op campaign. (X1S)

The introduction of the Sam Fisher mission is glitched to hell. We hadn't even selected the mission, which can only be done at night, but as the morning came in about 10-15 times in a row 'Mission Failed' kept popping up on the screen. Then for at least the next 10 minutes while were were doing a completely different mission old Sam kept introducing himself telling us he was "in position". It eventually settled down but it was very odd.

As our session drew to a close did we find a huge dam and so we did a few base jumps Bond style and drove a few vehicles off the top before calling it a night, (I managed to perfectly land a bike on the rocks below said dam without taking any damage, which again was very odd as the fall should have destroyed the bike and killed me). Good few hours fun though and we did manage to pick up what's considered the best assault rifle in the game from one of the hardest areas on the map.


This has happened to me and my friends playing co-op constanly. strawberry float off Matchwood, Nomad wants nothing to do with you right now!

The hard area you're talking about is it one of the areas without any story missions with Unidad everywhere? That area can turn around and literally strawberry float its own face.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:18 am

The Last Ginja wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Ghost Recon Wildlands - Co-op campaign. (X1S)

The introduction of the Sam Fisher mission is glitched to hell. We hadn't even selected the mission, which can only be done at night, but as the morning came in about 10-15 times in a row 'Mission Failed' kept popping up on the screen. Then for at least the next 10 minutes while were were doing a completely different mission old Sam kept introducing himself telling us he was "in position". It eventually settled down but it was very odd.

As our session drew to a close did we find a huge dam and so we did a few base jumps Bond style and drove a few vehicles off the top before calling it a night, (I managed to perfectly land a bike on the rocks below said dam without taking any damage, which again was very odd as the fall should have destroyed the bike and killed me). Good few hours fun though and we did manage to pick up what's considered the best assault rifle in the game from one of the hardest areas on the map.


This has happened to me and my friends playing co-op constanly. strawberry float off Matchwood, Nomad wants nothing to do with you right now!

The hard area you're talking about is it one of the areas without any story missions with Unidad everywhere? That area can turn around and literally strawberry float its own face.


Not just our session then. Ubi-win. :fp:

And yes that's the area, a snowy mountain range on west side of the map. Took us a few attempts to grab the rifle, then a quick as hell bail out of there when Unidad turned up and started napalming the joint.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Squinty » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:59 am

Beat MGS Rising, now playing Fallout 4 again. I'm just kind of walking around, exploring. Not sure what build I'm going to go for.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by jawafour » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:12 am

Squinty wrote:...I'm just kind of walking around, exploring...

Now that's my kinda gaming, Squinty :datass: .

I've had a week away from wandering around in Zelda BotW and all I've played is a bit of PES. I hope to get back to the exploration this week.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by jawafour » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:26 am

jawafour wrote:...and all I've played is a bit of PES...

Actually, that was a blatant lie. I have been playing another game - this weekend I got back into Animal Crossing New Leaf on 3DS.

Man, it's incredible just how packed the game is. Yesterday I realised that I'd never actually played the in-game Wii U or New 3DS consoles and so I played the "Island Escape" game on the U. It's simple but great to have it inside the main game! I will try the 3DS game later - I think it's a match 3 game or something.

The (free) Welcome Amiibo additions are cool, too - it's great summoning other characters via amiibo (figurines or cards) and visiting the van camp to meet them. Oh, and - dang it! - I missed the Bug-Off tournament... grr!

Also - and I dunno if any of you guys have checked this out yet? - but yesterday when I loaded my game, Isabelle advised me that it has been five years since I became mayor! :o . This ties up, as the game launched back in 2013. The town members gathered together and presented me with a clock :wub: . It was a great surprise!

User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Yubel » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Got Zen Bound 2 on my Switch a week ago. Tabletop mode, one joycon - best way to play this.

Almost done with the Watch Dogs 2 DLC (Human Conditions/No Compromise) and then I'll finally dive into Splatoon 2, which Iv'e been meaning to play ever since I got my Switch.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Gemini73 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Turok (PC). I'm completely lost trying to find a key on level 3. Love the game, but wandering around for 20 minutes without any progression became frustrating so I've put it down for now.

Moved onto Metro 2033 Redux which I bought a little while back along with Last Light in the Steam Sale. About 40 minutes in and already hooked - again.

Will return to Skyrim tonight.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Robbo-92 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Finally started Hollow Knight, only about 30 mins into it so far (mainly exploring), gathered enough money to buy a couple of things where your location is marked on the map and something that updates your map as you explore. Before I get too far is there anything that can be missed (and not being able to return to grab it later) for good? Liking the atmosphere it's managed to create already.

Image

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Squinty » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Turok (PC). I'm completely lost trying to find a key on level 3. Love the game, but wandering around for 20 minutes without any progression became frustrating so I've put it down for now.

Moved onto Metro 2033 Redux which I bought a little while back along with Last Light in the Steam Sale. About 40 minutes in and already hooked - again.

Will return to Skyrim tonight.


The Metro Redux games are awesome. I will probably buy them again on PC, Last Light was one of my favourites from last gen.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Picked up FFXIV the other day for the PC and got the PS4 trial version set up so I've been playing that with my fiancee the past few days. She struggled a bit during the first session due to the controls, but giving her a M&KB set up earlier has helped greatly.

Really enjoying it so far as we've both started from scratch in the same place and are playing Co-Op as much as is possible. If things go well I'll get the base game on PS4 as well and set us up with some subscriptions.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Johnny Jalfrezi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Where-ford? Here-ford!

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Johnny Jalfrezi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:15 am

Have stuck around 3-4 hours into Wolfenstein 2 and it's about as much attritional bollocks as First Order/New Blood were. Good characters and storyline but the gameplay itself is tedious as hell.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:18 am

Johnny Jalfrezi wrote:Have stuck around 3-4 hours into Wolfenstein 2 and it's about as much attritional bollocks as First Order/New Blood were. Good characters and storyline but the gameplay itself is tedious as hell.


Yeah, if you didn't like the gameplay in New Order you'll struggle with Colossus. It's actually a much worse shooter than the first (which I enjoyed in that sense).

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frank, Mafro, Met, Neo Cortex, Photek, Trelliz and 54 guests