Currently Playing in 2018....

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Seven » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:22 am

From quick look at Gamefaqs of Tales of Berseria without reading too much; it seems I'm halfway or close to that.

It doesn't beats Vesperia as my favourite Tales game, I personally prefer Symphonia to Berseria, if its any better than Xillia in terms of side content and Graces F' combat, but overall I can say it's well good entry into Tales of series and I look forward to playing more of it as well do second playthrough as mage-character.

I'm still kinda eh on how combos work since unlike Tales of Symphonia I just kinda hammer these >_> Sure, I do that in Symphonia but I know what's what on buttons whereabouts I was like "erm which do I press for that ability I've set it to" although it does help that I try to make combos that focuses on stun as well examine the enemy's weakness then make combo focusing on that, be able to do that on fly is nice.

I will also say I love how the game has switch system for party members on sub team; one thing it annoyed me in older Tales of I was unable to do that and kept wishing it'd do FFX's way of swapping in party members and here we are.

Image
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Finally unwrapped Ni No Kuni 2 after months of having sitting on my shelf.
I'm already on the third chapter and it's a really fun game with some stunning looking cel shaded graphics, the combat is a bit easy but too be fair it's nice to play a game that is punishing in it's difficulty.

User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Tragic Magic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:52 pm

I'm playing Resident Evil 6 for the first time since its release and I'm surprised to say I'm really enjoying it. Okay, so I'm playing as Chris at the moment and the Ada Wong car chase was more Ada Wrong (it was actually worse than that terrible pun, if only slightly) but I'm still having fun with it. I played it on the 360 the first time but I think it plays better on the PC as the keyboard shortcuts to duck, dive, roll and slide all over the place really make the combat more interesting and pretty satisfying.

I still think it's a low scoring game but I think it's better than my memory would have had me believe.

I can't wait to fight the T-Rex though :roll:

User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by FatDaz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:14 am

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm playing Resident Evil 6 for the first time since its release and I'm surprised to say I'm really enjoying it. Okay, so I'm playing as Chris at the moment and the Ada Wong car chase was more Ada Wrong (it was actually worse than that terrible pun, if only slightly) but I'm still having fun with it. I played it on the 360 the first time but I think it plays better on the PC as the keyboard shortcuts to duck, dive, roll and slide all over the place really make the combat more interesting and pretty satisfying.

I still think it's a low scoring game but I think it's better than my memory would have had me believe.

I can't wait to fight the T-Rex though :roll:


I was enjoying this in a cheap entertainment way until I got to Jakes campaign. Stealth section with instant death in a RE game?!? WTF were they thinking. Killed game dead for me and I haven’t gone back.

This game screams of desperation from developers who were unclear what they wanted. They just threw a ton of mechanics and gameplay ideas at it in the hope some would stick.

Leon’s campaign is less experimental and therefore the best.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Robbo-92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 am

Still dabbling in Crash Bandicoot, barring the odd jump (and Ripper Roo) I'm rather enjoying it, hopefully it won't get left behind once I start playing Octopath!

Image

Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Lotus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:32 am

Dead Island (360)

All I've read about this game is how gooseberry fool it is, which seems unfair. Admittedly I'm not far into it - a couple of hours perhaps - but it's okay. Not sure why everything has to be amazing or gooseberry fool these days with no room for anything that's average or okay (which is what this feels like). I'm not a fan of zombies, but that doesn't mean it's not fun to beat the gooseberry fool out of (dead) people. Think I'll just blitz through the story and see how it goes. Okay so far.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by DarkRula » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Because the mentality that things are only black or white [greatest or worst] has spread throughout internet culture and pretty much become the norm. Even where things need to stay unbiased, there's always a side that gets chosen.
As well as that, it's just too easy for people to say 'good' or 'bad' without having to explain their points and get numerous other people on their side.

Sims 4 in EA Access' Vault means I downloaded it and spent a while building a house. That's... all I did. I'll give it a fair chance to impress me, as the trial period where I actually controlled a person did actually feel fun but a bit flat [restricting places to just lots again feels limiting].

Image
Image
User avatar
SugarDave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by SugarDave » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Just reached New Orleans in Wolfenstein 2. I understand some of the complaints about the level design, primarily the fact that so far a lot of the locations just look really bland, but I remember some people not being keen on the action itself, which I can't agree with. Blasting dual shotguns with no reprieve through a cramped corridor on that rocket train was so satisfying. :datass:

The last couple of big story moments have been excellent as well. Brian Bloom absolutely kills it in the dream scene with his mother after the courthouse massacre.

JediDragon05
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The Grcade asylum

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by JediDragon05 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:12 pm

Just started Gran Turismo : Sport


Come fight death with me
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Hime » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
SugarDave wrote:Just reached New Orleans in Wolfenstein 2. I understand some of the complaints about the level design, primarily the fact that so far a lot of the locations just look really bland, but I remember some people not being keen on the action itself, which I can't agree with. Blasting dual shotguns with no reprieve through a cramped corridor on that rocket train was so satisfying. :datass:

The last couple of big story moments have been excellent as well. Brian Bloom absolutely kills it in the dream scene with his mother after the courthouse massacre.


Agreed. Despite its flaws i still loved Wolf 2

I feel like the hub area is better, it really feels like a Machine Games game now. The side machines are a great addition.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Squinty » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:31 pm

I thought Wolf 2 was really disappointing in comparison to TNW. The plot and tone was all over strawberry floating place, thematically.

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by HSH28 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:37 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:Finally unwrapped Ni No Kuni 2 after months of having sitting on my shelf.
I'm already on the third chapter and it's a really fun game with some stunning looking cel shaded graphics, the combat is a bit easy but too be fair it's nice to play a game that is punishing in it's difficulty.


I remember hearing that they've updated the game with a harder difficulty mode.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Squinty » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Started the Assassin's Creed Rogue Remaster. The main character has shite voice acting.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by jawafour » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:48 am

Over the past week I've played PES 2018 (PS4) and Animal Crossing (3DS); I've just completed the picnic area works project in my AC town :) . I want to play other stuff but these two are satisfying my gaming appetite at the moment.

Last edited by jawafour on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by GrinWithoutaKat » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Playing through Ico (the HD remaster on PS3). Played about 75% of the way through it back when it came out but never went back. Amazing to think that was over 16 years ago.

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Tafdolphin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Hime wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:
SugarDave wrote:Just reached New Orleans in Wolfenstein 2. I understand some of the complaints about the level design, primarily the fact that so far a lot of the locations just look really bland, but I remember some people not being keen on the action itself, which I can't agree with. Blasting dual shotguns with no reprieve through a cramped corridor on that rocket train was so satisfying. :datass:

The last couple of big story moments have been excellent as well. Brian Bloom absolutely kills it in the dream scene with his mother after the courthouse massacre.


Agreed. Despite its flaws i still loved Wolf 2

I feel like the hub area is better, it really feels like a Machine Games game now. The side machines are a great addition.


I'm up to Roswell in another playthrough of Wolf 2, the first since my original runthrough, and I've come to 2 conclusions:

- The writing is better than I remembered: dear me that Sister Grace intro scene. And the outro scene for that encounter to be honest, with her railing about how you can't reason with Nazis. Excellent.
- There are more badly designed/filler levels than I remembered. (Both) the Section F levels are terrible, as is the first on the floating fortress. Even New York is confusing and sloppily designed.

So, both better and worse than I remembered.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Hime » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:58 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Hime wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:
SugarDave wrote:Just reached New Orleans in Wolfenstein 2. I understand some of the complaints about the level design, primarily the fact that so far a lot of the locations just look really bland, but I remember some people not being keen on the action itself, which I can't agree with. Blasting dual shotguns with no reprieve through a cramped corridor on that rocket train was so satisfying. :datass:

The last couple of big story moments have been excellent as well. Brian Bloom absolutely kills it in the dream scene with his mother after the courthouse massacre.


Agreed. Despite its flaws i still loved Wolf 2

I feel like the hub area is better, it really feels like a Machine Games game now. The side machines are a great addition.


I'm up to Roswell in another playthrough of Wolf 2, the first since my original runthrough, and I've come to 2 conclusions:

- The writing is better than I remembered: dear me that Sister Grace intro scene. And the outro scene for that encounter to be honest, with her railing about how you can't reason with Nazis. Excellent.
- There are more badly designed/filler levels than I remembered. (Both) the Section F levels are terrible, as is the first on the floating fortress. Even New York is confusing and sloppily designed.

So, both better and worse than I remembered.


Yeah I remember doing Section F and thinking "is this really the best idea you could come up with for a mission? Nazi occupied America and youre making me kill a bunch of Nazis stowed away in the toilet of my boat?". The fact you had to do it twice was a piss take. It was near the beginning of the game too so when it should have been putting its best foot forward, it really just dragged things down instead.

I don't disagree but I still found them enjoyable. I'd sooner play them than a couple of the Mars levels in Doom.

Image
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by dmin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:21 pm

Just started into Uncharted Lost Legacy; on chapter 4 at mo. First 3 chapters were pretty much introductory, feels like it's just starting to open up now. Was worried how quickly was going through it, but it looks like chapter 4 is quite lengthy.

Image
User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Kriken » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:29 pm

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle. Barely dipped my toes into the realm of traditional/anime fighters so this is a nice change of pace. Just messed around a bit with Ruby and Weiss. Guess I'll try the P4 characters next since I played that recently.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2018....
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:26 am

My mind is all over the place at the moment so I'm dipping in and out of a few different games when I have the time;

Cultist Simulator: It's not technically a FailBetter game (Fallen London, Sunless Seas) but it's from the main writer and it sure as hell feels like one. What this boils down to in practice is the writing and world building are quite, quite excellent but the gameplay is slow, confusing and tedious. I can't get into it, and I wish I could.

Slay the Spire: A terrifying timesink. Addictive as all hell and really good fun.

Wolf 2: As previously mentioned.

Ruiner: Visually stunning, this isn't as bad as the lacklustre reviews had me believe but it's not great either. Everything but the general gameplay is right up my street, but the moment to moment action is chaotic and very button-mashy. A solid 6 or 7/10 though.

Demos: Octopath Traveller (beautiful but dull), ARMs (surprisingly fun!) Cpt Toad (not my thing).

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on

Return to “Games”