Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostNewsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Tafdolphin » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Image

Apparently it's de rigeur these days not only to have a blog, a fbook, a twat and a gram but also a newsle, or 'newsletter' in oldspeak. So now I do. Cue sparkles. I want to say it's worth checking out for the name and logo alone. So I will. I might also post some recipes as I've been doing some cooking lately. Without a microwave. Here's the signup.

http://eepurl.com/c7XCxj

Beyond the promo-talk I'm trying to diversify at the moment and get away from admin and case-work into creative writing. Some of you may have seen my blog (linked in my sig, but it's here https://pretentiousquote.wordpress.com/) so this will be more of the same, perhaps with some fiction and definitely with some angry political takes, maybe interspersed with how to make a nice gluten-free dough for pizza.

Go wild.

Last edited by Tafdolphin on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Rocsteady » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Reported for spam ;)

It's a good idea though, mailing lists are in as strawberry float now.

Enjoyable article on role playing games as well, not something I've ever played but you made it sound fun.

Image
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by smurphy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Ri\/flections

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Tafdolphin » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Rocsteady wrote:Reported for spam ;)

It's a good idea though, mailing lists are in as strawberry float now.

Enjoyable article on role playing games as well, not something I've ever played but you made it sound fun.


Thanks! It really, really is. I'm already prepping another one after my first campaign as GM wrapped up about a month ago. Good times.

And yes, I'll try and get a \/ in there somewhere.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:36 pm

what the strawberry floating strawberry float

short walk long drop, thanks

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Tafdolphin » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Gently-Parted Ringpiece wrote:what the strawberry floating strawberry float

short walk long drop, thanks


[something about bondage here]

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Tafdolphin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:51 am

First first proper edition is out. The harrowing tale of French vowels. Also, some stuff about the French Illuminati and a story about a floor sandwich.

http://mailchi.mp/adbb29b6bf74/rikflect ... gue-longue

Last edited by Tafdolphin on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Knoyleo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:56 am

Rocsteady wrote:It's a good idea though, mailing lists are in as strawberry float now.

What the strawberry float? Are they? Is it 1997 or something?

I still find snapchat confusing, though, so I'm pretty out of touch with what's hot with social media anyway. Is it some kind of retro thing?

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Tafdolphin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:59 am

Knoyleo wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:It's a good idea though, mailing lists are in as strawberry float now.

What the strawberry float? Are they? Is it 1997 or something?

I still find snapchat confusing, though, so I'm pretty out of touch with what's hot with social media anyway. Is it some kind of retro thing?


They actually are. It's a good way to get content on specific subjects, or from specific providers. After all, what are podcasts if not specifically targeted radio shows?

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Rocsteady » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:59 am

Is indeed, Blair's cool again.

Cheap way to promote your brand and can engender loyalty if you provide useful information.

Snapchat's easy as strawberry float m8

That just shows me a blank page taf

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Tafdolphin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:01 am

Rocsteady wrote:Is indeed, Blair's cool again.

Cheap way to promote your brand and can engender loyalty if you provide useful information.

Snapchat's easy as strawberry float m8

That just shows me a blank page taf


Hum. At least 3 others confirm it's working OK. Something on your end maybe?

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Knoyleo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:05 am

Tafdolphin wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:It's a good idea though, mailing lists are in as strawberry float now.

What the strawberry float? Are they? Is it 1997 or something?

I still find snapchat confusing, though, so I'm pretty out of touch with what's hot with social media anyway. Is it some kind of retro thing?


They actually are. It's a good way to get content on specific subjects, or from specific providers. After all, what are podcasts if not specifically targeted radio shows?

I never really got into podcasts, either.

Rocsteady wrote:Cheap way to promote your brand and can engender loyalty if you provide useful information.

Snapchat's easy as strawberry float m8

Sounds great for business marketing, but I don't see the appeal myself.

I know Snapchat is easy, I just don't see the point. Everyone I'd want to message already has WhatsApp, so why not just use that? Dog filters?

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Knoyleo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:05 am

Tafdolphin wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:Is indeed, Blair's cool again.

Cheap way to promote your brand and can engender loyalty if you provide useful information.

Snapchat's easy as strawberry float m8

That just shows me a blank page taf


Hum. At least 3 others confirm it's working OK. Something on your end maybe?

The link in here doesn't work, the one you've put on twitter does.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Tafdolphin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 am

Knoyleo wrote:I know Snapchat is easy, I just don't see the point. Everyone I'd want to message already has WhatsApp, so why not just use that? Dog filters?


I don't really get snapchat either. I've taken to using instagram more these days, but that's essentially a photo-diary. SnapChat is...I dunno what it is.

Knoyleo wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:Is indeed, Blair's cool again.

Cheap way to promote your brand and can engender loyalty if you provide useful information.

Snapchat's easy as strawberry float m8

That just shows me a blank page taf


Hum. At least 3 others confirm it's working OK. Something on your end maybe?

The link in here doesn't work, the one you've put on twitter does.


Brill, changed!

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Rocsteady » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:40 am

nudes

I use snapchat for casual things that aren't worth a proper message

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Moggy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:55 am

Knoyleo wrote:I never really got into podcasts, either.


I only recently got into them and now I completely get why they are popular. Hardcore History, the Parapod and No Such Thing as a Fish are all better than most of the stuff on TV/streaming. Absolutely perfect things to listen to while you are having a lengthy poo. :datass:

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:09 am

Rocsteady wrote:nudes

I use snapchat for casual things that aren't worth a proper message


I use it to take pictures of stupid gooseberry fool or the dog(technically he classes as stupid too) and send to my girlfriend or brother, or the three other people I know who regularly use it.

Image Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Green Gecko » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:17 pm

Rikflections? Where is Rik?

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Trelliz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Green Gecko wrote:Rikflections? Where is Rik?


Buried alive under a pile of xbox 360s.

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Newsletters: Reinventing yesterday's electronic medium tomorrow, for today!
by Green Gecko » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:00 pm

I think he has more Saturn consoles than 360s.

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adam231, Errkal, IAmTheSaladMan, Met, Wrathy and 44 guests