PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4

Our best bits.
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Super Dragon 64 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:06 pm

[iup=3506327]Fuzzy Dunlop[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3506215]Dark Dragon 64[/iup] wrote:Is there any way to see my play time on the Vita? Also, is it possible to turn off the blue light of the PlayStation logo?


There isn't a play time log like on the 3DS, though in some games it tells you how long you've been playing for, displayed when you save the game for example. And unfortunately there isn't a way to turn the blue light off, AFAIK.


That's a shame. Thanks for the reply.

I played Soul Sacrifice this morning but it got quite repetitive so I'm going to try Gravity Rush next.
Image
Sir Delboy
Member
Joined in 2014

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Sir Delboy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:17 pm

I didn't realise that DanganRonpa 2 was out over here in September! :o

Pre-ordered!
PSN: Delboy1984
NNID: Delboy84
TWITTER: @SirDelboy
STEAM: Delboy1984
User avatar
Starquake
Member
Joined in 2011
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Starquake » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:41 pm

[iup=3506370]Dark Dragon 64[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3506327]Fuzzy Dunlop[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3506215]Dark Dragon 64[/iup] wrote:Is there any way to see my play time on the Vita? Also, is it possible to turn off the blue light of the PlayStation logo?


There isn't a play time log like on the 3DS, though in some games it tells you how long you've been playing for, displayed when you save the game for example. And unfortunately there isn't a way to turn the blue light off, AFAIK.


That's a shame. Thanks for the reply.

I played Soul Sacrifice this morning but it got quite repetitive so I'm going to try Gravity Rush next.


Gravity Rush is great! Takes a bit to get used to the controls mind.

I thought Gravity Rush 2 was being developed - what happened to that?
Maker of Hyper Sentinel published by Huey Games
http://www.hypersentinel.com

@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Wedgie » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:21 pm

It's probably canned as Sony isn't doing any more big games for the Vita. :(
Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Delusibeta
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Canyon

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Delusibeta » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:06 pm

[iup=3506516]Wedgie[/iup] wrote:It's probably canned as Sony isn't doing any more big games for the Vita. :(

I'd be surprised if it was canned. It's definitely getting a PS4 version, though.
User avatar
MagicMarker
Member
Joined in 2014

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by MagicMarker » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Could be cross buy :D
User avatar
Adam Ash
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Brighton

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Adam Ash » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm hearing lots of chatter on various websites and twitter that Fifa 15 is going to be one of the last big release games for the system, all indie games after that. Personally I'm ok with that as that's what I use the system for, but how long can it remain a viable platform on those alone?
User avatar
Holpil
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Holpil » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:08 am

Probably in the same way that the PSP had a fairly long run with little support from Sony (other than continuing to produce the consoles), we'll hopefully get plenty of translated games out of Japan for some time yet and indie titles will serve the broader audience through PSN.

EA and the like can't expect to make shed loads when they're just reskinning the same game for soon to be 4 consecutive games.

It's a big shame for Vita as it's a great console. It has everything going for it from a technical aspect but the marketing just wasn't there early on, space in shops is minimal at best and it just doesn't seem to have enough traction with people who probably have a tablet, a phone, consoles and (wrongly) don't see the real appeal of a handheld that's comparable to a home console in terms of graphics and gameplay.
Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Poser » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:18 am

[iup=3508147]Holpil[/iup] wrote:Probably in the same way that the PSP had a fairly long run with little support from Sony (other than continuing to produce the consoles), we'll hopefully get plenty of translated games out of Japan for some time yet and indie titles will serve the broader audience through PSN.



Yeah, I think this is a good shout. The PSN set-up means there will be potential for support for longer. I'm happy with mainly indie titles on my Vita, TBH. I mean, I've got Gravity Rush and Uncharted and have yet to start either of them. I have always seen is as a dip-in-and-out machine, and I think there will be enough on PSN for a couple of years yet to justify my purchase.

There is the slim chance that bundling it with the PS4 will help a little, but I'd imagine most people who are interested in a Vita will have one already, and people who are waiting for a PS4 are probably waiting for one of two things: more games and/or a price drop. I don't see the Vita bundle being a huge success because it won't be cheaper than £349 and it has nothing to do with the number of AAA games on the PS4.
Image
User avatar
Holpil
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Holpil » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:34 am

Yeah, I just can't see that bundle having any real impact. I might be alone on this but the remote play between the PS4/Vita is no comparison to something like the Wii U gamepad (even if it's a bit unfair to compare the two). For me at least I just can't get away with using the rear-touchpad for pretty integral buttons, and operating over Wi-Fi it will never be the most responsive/highest quality experience, even though it's a nice thing to have.

Should also add that Sony inadvertently capitalised on the PSP due to it being an absolute dream for emulators. Dreamcast and possibly Gamecube emulation is a real possibility for the Vita if and when the console is cracked open. How long will Sony continue updating firmware when people find new exploits?
Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Poser » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:58 am

:lol: I hardly use it now, but I will never throw my PSP away because it is home to a shittonne of emulated games. Shame it struggles with mode 7 as it can't play some of the games I really want to play. (The first time you meet Bowser on SMW is a joke :lol: , and SMK doesn't even load the menu screen properly.)

If Vita could do some if that stuff better, I'd definitely look into it.
Image
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Jazzem » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:27 pm

I hope PS Vita homebrew takes off at the end of its life, I want to be able to swap between my UK/US accounts as easily as I can on my soft modded PSP!
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Super Dragon 64 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:43 pm

If a CFW Vita can run an N64 emulator at full speed...

Image

CFW does what Nintendon't.
Image
User avatar
Delusibeta
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Canyon

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Delusibeta » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:01 pm

[iup=3507974]Adam Ash[/iup] wrote:I'm hearing lots of chatter on various websites and twitter that Fifa 15 is going to be one of the last big release games for the system, all indie games after that. Personally I'm ok with that as that's what I use the system for, but how long can it remain a viable platform on those alone?

TBH, I'll be surprised if EA even bothers with a Vita version this time round. Outside of indies, Western support is pretty much over (with the possible exception of Milestone). That said, it's getting into its stride (for a given value of "stride") in Japan, so the niche localisers would probably still support it for a good few years yet, plus it appears that every indie worth its salt at the very least wants to do a Vita version, so there's going to be a couple of years of support out of them.
Sir Delboy
Member
Joined in 2014

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Sir Delboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:18 pm

[iup=3510050]Delusibeta[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3507974]Adam Ash[/iup] wrote:I'm hearing lots of chatter on various websites and twitter that Fifa 15 is going to be one of the last big release games for the system, all indie games after that. Personally I'm ok with that as that's what I use the system for, but how long can it remain a viable platform on those alone?

TBH, I'll be surprised if EA even bothers with a Vita version this time round. Outside of indies, Western support is pretty much over (with the possible exception of Milestone). That said, it's getting into its stride (for a given value of "stride") in Japan, so the niche localisers would probably still support it for a good few years yet, plus it appears that every indie worth its salt at the very least wants to do a Vita version, so there's going to be a couple of years of support out of them.

NIS America are seemingly bringing lots of Japanese developed Vita games to the west and all the indie support is great, I just wish Sony would give it some more love as it's such a great device :(
PSN: Delboy1984
NNID: Delboy84
TWITTER: @SirDelboy
STEAM: Delboy1984
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Ad7 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:09 am

[iup=3510030]Dark Dragon 64[/iup] wrote:If a CFW Vita can run an N64 emulator at full speed...

Image

CFW does what Nintendon't.


Give it to meeeeeeeeeeee :nod:
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Saint of Killers » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Regarding a possible Gravity Rush 2...

I thought Japan Studio would be the one dev doing "big" Vita games? Isn't Gravity Rush a JS game?
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Delusibeta
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Canyon

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Delusibeta » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:19 pm

[iup=3511510]Saint of Killers[/iup] wrote:Regarding a possible Gravity Rush 2...

I thought Japan Studio would be the one dev doing "big" Vita games? Isn't Gravity Rush a JS game?

Gravity Rush is Japan Studio, yes, but I would be genuinely surprised if there isn't a PS4 version of that game of some description.

In other news, Gamescom is coming soon, and here's the Vita games they're bringing along:

Super Exploding Zoo
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Futuridium
Hatsune Miku-Projekt DIVA-F 2
Flame Over
Frozen Synapse Tactics
Final Horizon
Dragon Fin Soup
Lego Ninjago Nindroids
The Sly Trilogy
The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy
PlayStation Vita Pets
Murasaki Baby
Minecraft PS Vita Edition
Invizimals: The Alliance
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Hohokum
Freedom Wars
Entwined
Big Fest
User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Yoshimi » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Bought Rayman Legends for £12.99 at Argos, so it's bound to either be on PS+ next month, or in next week's sale.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Rex Kramer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:39 pm

[iup=3517030]Yoshimi[/iup] wrote:Bought Rayman Legends for £12.99 at Argos, so it's bound to either be on PS+ next month, or in next week's sale.

It's already been on PS+
PSN: Harmon_Smith

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests