NFL Thread 2014. The Greatest Of All Time.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostNFL Thread 2014. The Greatest Of All Time.
by Rax » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:14 pm

Welcome to the all new NFL thread! Its much like the old one except, um, well, its new! And kinda shiny.

News and Opinion
NFL.com
ESPN.com
Pro Football Talk
Peter King on SI.com

Twitterings:
Adam Schefter ESPNs NFL guy
Jason La Canfora CBS NFL Insider
Rich Eisen NFL Network Host
Michael Fabiano NFL.com fantasy guy
Scott Hanson NFL Red Zone host
Roger Goodell The Commish

Ill add more to this over time, let me know if you have any favourite follows and Ill add them here.

Who ya got:
Arizona Cardinals
andretmzt
Atlanta Falcons
Mockmaster
Baltimore Ravens
<]:^D
Irene Demova
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
King Chaz
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos
St. Nick
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minto
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
PCCD
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
Photek
G-Rat
Corazon de Leon
New England Patriots
Raxicori
Baron Zemo
Something Fishy
DarrenK
Ecno
New Orleans Saints
BOR
New York Giants
Nook29
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pancake
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
metalgear2k2
captain red dog
Seattle Seahawks
jiggles
Pell
St. Louis Rams
You Smell of Wee
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Preezy
Washington Redskins
Jambot
Last edited by Rax on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:19 am, edited 17 times in total.
User avatar
Mockmaster
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Cybertron

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Mockmaster » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:14 pm

Atlanta Falcons represent.
Image
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Rax » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:15 pm

Predictions time: 49ers to miss the playoffs, Blake Bortles to be surprisingly good and in a massive homer pick, the Pats to win it all! :shifty:

Edit: And with Mocky being a Falcons fan we now officially have more than half the league represented. :D
User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by jiggles » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm now in two minds whether I'm going to the Raiders Dolphins game at Wembley. I'm at a wedding the day before here in Ireland so I'll surely be having to take my foot off the gas at that to make sure I'm able to catch an early flight to London.
Streaming: YouTube Gaming | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
Minto
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland!

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Minto » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:43 pm

You're all wrong.

Packers will win with an A-Rod masterclass in the final.
PSN: MintKorp - NNID: Mintoisking
User avatar
Pell
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The scarlet fields of Can'-Ka No Rey
Contact:

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Pell » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Bought a Seahawks jersey when I went to Summerslam ($100!!!!!) - gonna wear it to work tomorrow for the big day. Can't wait!
User avatar
Zartan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Zartan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:33 pm

Getting taken with work to the Lions Falcons game next month, cant wait, no idea where the seats are, but there is a free bar whoop

Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am, so may try and but tickets for the Cowboys game, just the Jags were so bad last year that it kinda makes me a bit meh about seeing them again.
User avatar
Mockmaster
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Cybertron

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Mockmaster » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:44 pm

What is a 'Team Return Ticket'?

As mentioned on this page for the Falcons/Lions game.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nfl
Image
User avatar
bandwagon
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by bandwagon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:00 am

[iup=3555738]Mockmaster[/iup] wrote:What is a 'Team Return Ticket'?

As mentioned on this page for the Falcons/Lions game.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nfl


It'll be the tickets allocated to the teams in America, the ones that haven't sold by a certain date will be released for sale over here.
User avatar
Mockmaster
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Cybertron

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Mockmaster » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:02 am

[iup=3555742]bandwagon[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3555738]Mockmaster[/iup] wrote:What is a 'Team Return Ticket'?

As mentioned on this page for the Falcons/Lions game.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nfl


It'll be the tickets allocated to the teams in America, the ones that haven't sold by a certain date will be released for sale over here.

Ahhhh, that's good to know. Thanks bandwagon.
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:17 am

Are those times UK times? i.e. is the Patriots game a 6pm kick-off in the UK, therefore a 1pm kick-off in the US?
Image Image
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Rax » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:00 am

[iup=3555751]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:Are those times UK times? i.e. is the Patriots game a 6pm kick-off in the UK, therefore a 1pm kick-off in the US?

Correct, the Sunday kick off times are always 6pm and 9pm over here (or pretty close to it), and its a 5 hour gap to eastern time in the US.

[iup=3555734]Zartan[/iup] wrote:Getting taken with work to the Lions Falcons game next month, cant wait, no idea where the seats are, but there is a free bar whoop

Free bar sounds like it will be in a corporate box, fancy seats, TVs to watch Redzone on, no queue for the bathroom, AKA the holy grail.
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by BOR » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:26 am

\o/

I'm Saints fan here so we got the Falcons for the first game! Bring it on!

Packers vs Seahawks tonight. It should be a good game methinks.
"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Rax » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:37 am

[iup=3555907]BOR[/iup] wrote:\o/

I'm Saints fan here so we got the Falcons for the first game! Bring it on!

Packers vs Seahawks tonight. It should be a good game methinks.

That Saints Falcons game could be a cricket score on both sides, TDs galore in that one I reckon.

I dont think the Seahawks will be as good as last year and the Packers are always dangerous as long as they have Rodgers, I only see Seattle winning because of home field advantage, sadly I wont get to stay up for it, got work in the morning and heading to a wedding right after so I have a long day tomorrow sadly.
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by BOR » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:37 pm

[iup=3555913]Rax[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3555907]BOR[/iup] wrote:\o/

I'm Saints fan here so we got the Falcons for the first game! Bring it on!

Packers vs Seahawks tonight. It should be a good game methinks.

That Saints Falcons game could be a cricket score on both sides, TDs galore in that one I reckon.


Yeah I think so too. It could be anybody's game this one, but I think the Saints will win. :datass:

I dont think the Seahawks will be as good as last year and the Packers are always dangerous as long as they have Rodgers, I only see Seattle winning because of home field advantage, sadly I wont get to stay up for it, got work in the morning and heading to a wedding right after so I have a long day tomorrow sadly.


Yeah, same here. I will be working tonight so I'll check the NFL app later to keep an eye on the scores. Like you said, it's Seattle's home field advantage, but I think the Packers will win this game by just.
"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:11 pm

[iup=3555864]Rax[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3555751]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:Are those times UK times? i.e. is the Patriots game a 6pm kick-off in the UK, therefore a 1pm kick-off in the US?

Correct, the Sunday kick off times are always 6pm and 9pm over here (or pretty close to it), and its a 5 hour gap to eastern time in the US.


Absolutely fantastic, I'm in Boston now so looking forward to watching in a pub with the Pats fans!
Image Image
User avatar
Minto
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland!

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Minto » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:12 pm

I'm in Florida at the minute, heading to the sports bar in about another 2 hours for food, beer and FOOTBALL!
PSN: MintKorp - NNID: Mintoisking
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:14 pm

[iup=3556584]Minto[/iup] wrote:I'm in Florida at the minute, heading to the sports bar in about another 2 hours for food, beer and FOOTBALL!


Amazing! We're going to see if we can find a pub or something to head into as well, really looking forward to the big kick off now. I'm Vikes though so rooting for the Seahawks tonight. :slol:
Image Image
User avatar
Minto
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland!

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Minto » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:29 pm

[iup=3556587]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3556584]Minto[/iup] wrote:I'm in Florida at the minute, heading to the sports bar in about another 2 hours for food, beer and FOOTBALL!


Amazing! We're going to see if we can find a pub or something to head into as well, really looking forward to the big kick off now. I'm Vikes though so rooting for the Seahawks tonight. :slol:

You're a very bad man.

I'd advise getting there early though as it's gonna be insane tonight.
PSN: MintKorp - NNID: Mintoisking
User avatar
Finiarél
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: NFL Thread 2014. Kickoff Weekend
by Finiarél » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:30 pm

[iup=3556584]Minto[/iup] wrote:I'm in Florida at the minute, heading to the sports bar in about another 2 hours for food, beer and FOOTBALL!


Man, Wish I was over there.


Gonna be grim for me. In work at 11. :lol: :dread:
glowy69 wrote:Being from the hood won't save you from an alien mate.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, bigcheez2k3, Bing [Bot], Brerlappin, BTB, Crimson, Frank, Hulohot, massimo, Memento Mori, Minty14, OrangeRakoon, Peter Crisp, Preezy, RogueLeader, Zellery and 44 guests