Nintendo NX Chat - 3min reveal trailer today@3pm

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Floex » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:09 pm

MK8 > MK64> MK SNES> MK7> MK DS> MK SC> >>>>>>>>MK DD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MK Wii

User avatar
Somebody Else's Presents
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Somebody Else's Presents » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Fries. Wedges. Crisps? wrote:
Squinty wrote:Console has a better library than people give it credit.

Yep!

Squinty wrote:Better than the strawberry floating Gamecube's!

...wait a minute


Seeing as the Wii's library also included the Gamecube's, it is by default better.

Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Green Gecko » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:08 pm

It's all about cheese land. Therefore super circuit and 8 are best. Ask Pedz.

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Advent7 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:03 pm

Super circuit :wub:

Suzzopher bought my copy of that, he can verify I got 100% on it, backwards night time title screen and everything.

Image
AndyXMAS
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by AndyXMAS » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:16 pm

SMK > MK8 > MK7 > MKDS > MKSC >MKWii > MKDD > MK64

I hated N64 MK so much...totally boring races, overly long tracks, bland scenery and lacks the tightness of control of SNES MK...It's probably my biggest gaming disappointment of all time.

SNES MK though is totally amazing, as is MK8.

User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Yulehide » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:38 pm

AXL wrote:SMK > MK8 > MK7 > MKDS > MKSC >MKWii > MKDD > MK64

I hated N64 MK so much...totally boring races, overly long tracks, bland scenery and lacks the tightness of control of SNES MK...It's probably my biggest gaming disappointment of all time.

SNES MK though is totally amazing, as is MK8.


I agree, it's the worst one I've played.

Diddy Kong Racing was better in every conceivable way.

Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by The Watching Artist » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 pm

Grand Slam Tennis

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Squinty » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Ironhide wrote:
AXL wrote:SMK > MK8 > MK7 > MKDS > MKSC >MKWii > MKDD > MK64

I hated N64 MK so much...totally boring races, overly long tracks, bland scenery and lacks the tightness of control of SNES MK...It's probably my biggest gaming disappointment of all time.

SNES MK though is totally amazing, as is MK8.


I agree, it's the worst one I've played.

Diddy Kong Racing was better in every conceivable way.


Diddy Kong Racing was fantastic, the multiplayer was kinda sucky though. But the single player campaign :wub: :wub: :wub:

User avatar
Dandy Kong
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dandy Kong

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Dandy Kong » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:08 pm

Squinty wrote:I thought MKWii was pretty good, the online got a lot of play from me.


Same here, 2nd most played game on the Wii for me. (Xenoblade Chronicles was the 1st, in case you're curious).

Image
AndyXMAS
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by AndyXMAS » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:10 pm

Squinty wrote:Diddy Kong Racing was fantastic, the multiplayer was kinda sucky though. But the single player campaign :wub: :wub: :wub:


Diddy Kong Racing was absolutely fantastic, and made up for the big disappointment of MK64.

The single player mode was probably the greatest I've played in any racing game...I completed it 100% at the time...truly a spectacular game and the different vehicles controlled so well.

It's a shame DKR isn't available on any modern consoles - I guess it's because it contains a mix of characters now owned by Microsoft (i.e. Banjo) and Nintendo (i.e. Diddy). Such a shame...I would love to play this game again!

User avatar
OrangeReindeer
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by OrangeReindeer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:00 am

DKR was the best mario kart up until MK8

User avatar
Tineash
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Tineash » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:09 pm

AXL wrote:
Squinty wrote:Diddy Kong Racing was fantastic, the multiplayer was kinda sucky though. But the single player campaign :wub: :wub: :wub:


Diddy Kong Racing was absolutely fantastic, and made up for the big disappointment of MK64.

The single player mode was probably the greatest I've played in any racing game...I completed it 100% at the time...truly a spectacular game and the different vehicles controlled so well.

It's a shame DKR isn't available on any modern consoles - I guess it's because it contains a mix of characters now owned by Microsoft (i.e. Banjo) and Nintendo (i.e. Diddy). Such a shame...I would love to play this game again!


It emulates perfectly on PC.

"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by OrangeReindeer » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Also it got re-released on DS

(Although apparently not as good and with some silly touch screen features)

User avatar
Christmas Name Change
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dan.
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Christmas Name Change » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Tineash wrote:
AXL wrote:
Squinty wrote:Diddy Kong Racing was fantastic, the multiplayer was kinda sucky though. But the single player campaign :wub: :wub: :wub:


Diddy Kong Racing was absolutely fantastic, and made up for the big disappointment of MK64.

The single player mode was probably the greatest I've played in any racing game...I completed it 100% at the time...truly a spectacular game and the different vehicles controlled so well.

It's a shame DKR isn't available on any modern consoles - I guess it's because it contains a mix of characters now owned by Microsoft (i.e. Banjo) and Nintendo (i.e. Diddy). Such a shame...I would love to play this game again!


It emulates perfectly on PC.

It's also one of the very few N64 games that emulates perfectly on a cracked Wii via Project64.

User avatar
IAmTheSantaMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by IAmTheSantaMan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Fries. Wedges. Crisps? wrote:
Squinty wrote:Console has a better library than people give it credit.

Yep!

Squinty wrote:Better than the strawberry floating Gamecube's!

...wait a minute


Seeing as the Wii's library also included the Gamecube's, it is by default better.


Gamecube's library could include GBA in a manner of speaking so you could argue Gamecube's is better what with all the classic FF games, the Mario Advance series, a couple of Fire Emblems, Advance Wars 1 & 2, some Pokemon games, a couple of Zeldas, a couple of Metroids etc.

Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Green Gecko » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:25 am

Yeah. The GameBoy player is great.

If anyone needs the disk, let me know. I have 2.

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by The Watching Artist » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:33 am

Calling Jawa to the thread.


Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Pedz » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:24 am

Green Gecko wrote:It's all about cheese land. Therefore super circuit and 8 are best. Ask Pedz.


Cheese Land :dread:

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by Pedz » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:27 am

The Watching Artist wrote:Calling Jawa to the thread.



I enjoyed Generations, yeah it's physics were a bit off and it doesn't really hold up to the Mega Drive games, but it was still pretty decent and the best sonic game since Sonic and Knuckles. I'm interested in this.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo NX - News, Discussion and Speculation thread
by jawafour » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:44 am

The Watching Artist wrote:Calling Jawa to the thread...

Man, what a way to start the day! This game *and* a 2D Sonic game arriving in 2017 :) . I think this is the fourth officially-announced NX title? Zelda, that racing game, Just Dance and Sonic.

Pedz wrote:I enjoyed Generations, yeah it's physics were a bit off and it doesn't really hold up to the Mega Drive games, but it was still pretty decent and the best sonic game since Sonic and Knuckles. I'm interested in this.

I haven't got around to playing any of the 'recent' Sonic games beyond Unleashed and Boom. I do have Gen and will give it a spin sometime.

Image <<< Thanks to Hyperion for my ace Christmas sig :wub: Image > Enter Mastaba

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Donner, Frank, Garth, Mafrozen, Miguel007, OldSoulCyborg, Parksey, Peter Crisp, the eponymous bollock, Zaichik and 45 guests