Nintendo Switch Chat thread

Our best bits.
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Rax » Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Ive had that installed for ages and been meaning to give it a go. Once Im one with Dragon Quest Builders Ill give it a whirl.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Rex Kramer » Tue May 22, 2018 2:28 pm

I played about 15 minutes of it and that was enough to sell me on the game. Decided to put it down after that as I don't want to have to repeat content in the full game.

User avatar
RainbowGazelle
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by RainbowGazelle » Tue May 22, 2018 3:47 pm


Image
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by shy guy 64 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:59 pm

RainbowGazelle wrote:Pearl and Marina amiibo just went live on Nintendo UK's store.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/off-the-hook-set-pearl-marina-amiibo-splatoon-collection/11768502.html


got mine pre ordered

Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by The Watching Artist » Tue May 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:I played about 15 minutes of it and that was enough to sell me on the game. Decided to put it down after that as I don't want to have to repeat content in the full game.

I considered this but I've got so much to play I might not get it straight away plus the combo of the number of campaigns and how they might piece together means it could feel quite different. Plus I'm interested to see if these bits change at all in the full version.

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by ITSMILNER » Tue May 22, 2018 8:48 pm

Thinking of picking up the US physical copy of Megaman Legacy Collection, how would I go about setting my account to US to download the second collection?

Image
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Chocolate-Milk » Tue May 22, 2018 8:58 pm

I think you'd have to create a new account through Nintendo's US website, then link that ID to a new profile on your Switch and open the eShop with it to bring up the US store.
At least, that's what I did when I bought a US Bomberman code.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Jenuall » Tue May 22, 2018 9:15 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:Thinking of picking up the US physical copy of Megaman Legacy Collection, how would I go about setting my account to US to download the second collection?


Go to https://accounts.nintendo.com/ and log in. Then go to User Information > Profile and you should be able to change your location from there. Next time you open the eShop it will ask you to re-login and then you'll be in the shop for the new region.

ImageImage
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by ITSMILNER » Tue May 22, 2018 9:33 pm

Nice one, then once I download the game I can just switch back to the UK store right? The game will still update normally?

Image
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Chocolate-Milk » Tue May 22, 2018 9:52 pm

The US eShop will only be accessible by your extra US account, your regular account will use the UK store as normal. No switching necessary.

As far as updates go, they'll work the same as any other.

EDIT- Didn't see Jen's response. Wasn't aware that was an option. Carry on, then.

Image
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Fisher » Tue May 22, 2018 11:49 pm

may get curse of the moon of the eshop its coming out thursday.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by jawafour » Tue May 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Fisher wrote:may get curse of the moon of the eshop its coming out thursday.

It looks really cool, Fisher - I'm looking forward to hearing your verdict :-).

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by jawafour » Wed May 23, 2018 9:10 am

I really enjoyed Runner (Wii) and Runner 2 (Wii U) - I thought they were great; a cool retro aesthetic, ace music and slick, clear gameplay. When Runner 3 was announced I was pretty pleased... although the early screenshots that arrived made me a little apprehensive. They looked a bit too "busy" and you got the feeling that this was a simple game being made a tad too complicated.

It's only one review and, of course, one opinion... but Metro GameCentral have confirmed my fears. And the game is twenty-three quid :o .

Fake edit: Reviews are showing a variety of opinion and, at circa 70 overall, many folk don't think it's a bad game. The more complex styling and reputed difficulty steps are putting me off, though.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by jawafour » Wed May 23, 2018 9:52 am

Happy Birthdays has a demo out on the eShop and I gave it a spin last night. The game was known as Birthdays: The Beginning on other formats.

First impressions:

+ I like the idea of creating wee cube-worlds and bringing life to them
> The game initially seems complex but I think the aspects you can affect are relatively simple
> The demo chucks a load of controls info at you right from the off; it's pretty complicated but luckily you can refer back to them in a controls section
- Some of the on-screen text is ridiculously small for portable mode

It is an unusual game, especially for consoles. I plan on giving the demo a bit more time as I'm intrigued by it.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Jenuall » Wed May 23, 2018 9:55 am

ITSMILNER wrote:Nice one, then once I download the game I can just switch back to the UK store right? The game will still update normally?


I believe so yes - I've not had any problems with anything I've bought from foreign stores thus far!

For anyone interested in switching stores for savings this website is great for checking prices across the different countries: savecoins.me

ImageImage
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Jenuall » Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 am

jawafour wrote:Happy Birthdays has a demo out on the eShop and I gave it a spin last night. The game was known as Birthdays: The Beginning on other formats.

First impressions:

+ I like the idea of creating wee cube-worlds and bringing life to them
> The game initially seems complex but I think the aspects you can affect are relatively simple
> The demo chucks a load of controls info at you right from the off; it's pretty complicated but luckily you can refer back to them in a controls section
- Some of the on-screen text is ridiculously small for portable mode

It is an unusual game, especially for consoles. I plan on giving the demo a bit more time as I'm intrigued by it.


So the real question is: which game has a higher play time on your Switch now - BOTW or the demo of Happy Birthdays? :lol:

ImageImage
User avatar
SerialCeler
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Booripides
Location: Stuck in the Tron machine

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by SerialCeler » Wed May 23, 2018 1:18 pm

RainbowGazelle wrote:Pearl and Marina amiibo just went live on Nintendo UK's store.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/off-the-hook-set-pearl-marina-amiibo-splatoon-collection/11768502.html


Thanks, got my order in in case they sell out.

Image

Latest GRecommends:

Nintendo Network ID: SerialCeler (Switch: 5559-9603-3982) | Xbox Live: Serial Celer
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Ad7 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:29 pm

I'll make my own :shifty:

User avatar
HaruKazuhira
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by HaruKazuhira » Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 pm

I'm a little surprised we're already getting Dock-less SKUs. I know it's Japan only for now but could see this become an option for everyone soon. Especially around the time Pokemon comes out.

Image
"I am the reason, the answer and the problem"
twitter
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Ad7 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:01 pm

HaruKazuhira wrote:I'm a little surprised we're already getting Dock-less SKUs. I know it's Japan only for now but could see this become an option for everyone soon. Especially around the time Pokemon comes out.


Source?


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests