Nintendo Switch Chat thread

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Ad7 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Oh god yeah, guacamelee :datass:

Also links awakening DX pls

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Squinty » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Ad7 wrote:Oh god yeah, guacamelee :datass:

Also links awakening DX pls


Guacamelee :wub:

Seriously one of the best indie games available.

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Green Gecko » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Frank wrote:Snipperclips is pretty much the best game on the Switch but it's far too short. We got through the four-player co-op levels in an hour or two.

The interesting thing I found recently about snipperclips is it's developed on Unity, which makes it one of very few games Nintendo has built on a third party, nevermind western, engine, at least to my knowledge. So maybe Nintendo are opening up to ways to make their development faster in order to deliver more titles themselves.

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by The Watching Artist » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:08 pm

Green Gecko wrote:
Frank wrote:Snipperclips is pretty much the best game on the Switch but it's far too short. We got through the four-player co-op levels in an hour or two.

The interesting thing I found recently about snipperclips is it's developed on Unity, which makes it one of very few games Nintendo has built on a third party, nevermind western, engine, at least to my knowledge. So maybe Nintendo are opening up to ways to make their development faster in order to deliver more titles themselves.

Well it started life as an indie flash game being made by two people so it might be unity because thats what those devs were comfortable with.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by OrangeRakoon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Yeah it's a British indie developer right

Guacamelee is great but the internet memes date it

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Green Gecko » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:50 pm

oh right, I assumed it was a Nintendo 1st party game from a few weirdos at the company.

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by smurphy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 pm

I've decided that a Switch port of Timesplitters 2 is the thing I want most in the world.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by ITSMILNER » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Damn, I would LOVE a Timesplitters 2 remake on Switch

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by ITSMILNER » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Dandara is due for release on 06/02 and it is now up for preload with a 20% discount making it £10.79



Just preordered through the store, looks neat

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:14 am

Just ordered up Lost Sphear from 365games as had a £5 voucher expiring soon. Haven't time to play it at the moment but I am Setsuna seems to be quite rare now and has held it's value so I'm hoping for the same with this.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by ITSMILNER » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:Just ordered up Lost Sphear from 365games as had a £5 voucher expiring soon. Haven't time to play it at the moment but I am Setsuna seems to be quite rare now and has held it's value so I'm hoping for the same with this.


You have a physical copy of I Am Setsuna on Switch? I have the Asian English version with the English cover but haven't kept up with the value of it.

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:14 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:Just ordered up Lost Sphear from 365games as had a £5 voucher expiring soon. Haven't time to play it at the moment but I am Setsuna seems to be quite rare now and has held it's value so I'm hoping for the same with this.


You have a physical copy of I Am Setsuna on Switch? I have the Asian English version with the English cover but haven't kept up with the value of it.

Unfortunately not, was interested in getting it when I got my Switch but was expensive everywhere I looked. Just really giving myself a reason to pick up Lost Sphear now on the basis that it might get expensive when I do have time to play in the future.

But it probably won't and I'll end up spending full whack on a game I can pick up for cheaps in 6 months time. That's the gamble.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by ITSMILNER » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:Just ordered up Lost Sphear from 365games as had a £5 voucher expiring soon. Haven't time to play it at the moment but I am Setsuna seems to be quite rare now and has held it's value so I'm hoping for the same with this.


You have a physical copy of I Am Setsuna on Switch? I have the Asian English version with the English cover but haven't kept up with the value of it.

Unfortunately not, was interested in getting it when I got my Switch but was expensive everywhere I looked. Just really giving myself a reason to pick up Lost Sphear now on the basis that it might get expensive when I do have time to play in the future.

But it probably won't and I'll end up spending full whack on a game I can pick up for cheaps in 6 months time. That's the gamble.


I can imagine quite a few Switch games will hold value in years time, I am looking at Lost Sphear but hoping it will drop in price as it seems more widely available this time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by still » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:32 pm

New Tomorrow Corporation game incoming:-

https://gonintendo.com

User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Kanbei » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:04 am

Picked up a pro controller with the Amazon code :toot:

deathofcows
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by deathofcows » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:41 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:Dandara is due for release on 06/02 and it is now up for preload with a 20% discount making it £10.79



Just preordered through the store, looks neat


It looks great but I've just bought Celeste which will probably 2D-tide-me-over until Bayonetta. Tempted though...

deathofcows
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by deathofcows » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:I'm a bit further into Oxenfree. I'm still liking it, but I'm also finding it to be a bit of a mishmash of genres. Mild spoilers below

It's obviously trying quite hard to be a bit creepy, but this is clashing badly with the Buffy-speak of the main characters who don't seem to care that they're in mortal danger. I love the dialogue system, it's ability to perfectly simulate the messy, unplanned nature of real dialogue is great, but it's not working in the context the game is providing. At the moment I wish they'd either made a horror game or a coming-of-age game rather than trying to meld the two together.


I started a second play through this morning, which seems to be slightly (slightly) more than just a simple repeat. Fancied getting those letters to complete the story's logic and the scavenger hunt. It's also a bit more fun playing through knowing what the game is, accepting and settling into its tempo without wishing it was different.

My thoughts on the first play-through:

Fantastic music and atmosphere. Also great video-mashup-scenes, with their quick-cuts and analogue filters etc.

The HD rumble for the radio and radio-sequences adds a lot, and it's hard to think that it might not have had it had I played it on PC.

I love the radio as a device and wish it was used a little more as a gameplay item such as in the aforementioned radio 'sequences'. I appreciate it's a 'story' game but the unintrusive ability to flip it out without it impeding your walking, and the gentle satisfaction of dialling left and right with the subtle rumble is so tactile and satisfying that it feels underused.

The art is lovely but having such a zoomed out perspective throughout (as minimising as it is probably meant to feel for the characters in their island context) probably doesn't help with the humanity and empathy with the characters.

The voice acting is well done in the main and you warm to the characters overall, but the dialogue is bullshit; overly self-aware and constantly, self-consciously 'funny'/snarky. There's also far, far too much of it. No one talks like this, or as much as this. I've found the effect much better on the second play where I'm selecting almost no dialogue choices for the interstitial chitter-chatter whilst walking around - helps the game's naturalism no end (sorry developers!). If you liked stuff like Chloe in Life is Strange, though - you'll probably have more truck with it. Remember when Alex Garland was drafted in to help with Team Ninja's DmC? And he pared back so much of the dialogue and it felt understated and natural? I do.

The game has a sluggish feel to it. Alex's top clip running isn't bad but arbitrarily she's mainly made to walk slowly, and her only speed for stairs/diagonals seems to be slooowww too. I appreciate the 'point' of the game ('game') is the conversations en route - but they're naff so no thanks.

Loading between areas is a little long.

The End.

TL:DR - Quite liked, but I'd prefer to play a game solely built around the radio mechanic and the event-horizon style quick-flash void scenes. The most satisfying parts of the game for me. But the walking-talking stuff seems to chime better with others so likely a taste thing. And I am ambling through a second-time so... :?:

Hound
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Hound » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:07 pm

:wub: Wild Guns Reloaded is coming to Switch

Image
Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by ITSMILNER » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Dead Cells has all been confirmed for Switch!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by ITSMILNER » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:43 pm

Been a good day in terms of new games heading to Switch!

FLINTHOOK




DEADCELLS




AEGIS DEFENDERS




MERCENARY KINGS: RELOADED EDITION


Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobbyDigital, CitizenErased, Diceman, HSH28, kerr9000, Mafro, NickSCFC, PuppetBoy, Trelliz, Zellery and 52 guests