Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Errkal » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:51 pm

jawafour wrote:
Errkal wrote:There isn't really any other way Nintendo can do it.

They need to merge audio from 2 devices, cables like that is the only way.

Yeah, I fear that'll be the case, Errkal. I wonder why we won't be able to just plug a headset into the Switch itself?

The problem with that is when it is docked, it would need to be the same solution when docked and not, so really it should be jack on a joycon, or wireless.

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Jam-Master Jay » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Tad concerned about the length of cables with that headset, especially as I'll be playing Splatoon 2 docked thanks to the motion-control goodness.

ImageImage
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by The Watching Artist » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:44 pm

The Splatoon adapter thing is pretty cute though. Should have gone for bright colours mind.

Image
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by HSH28 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Errkal wrote:There isn't really any other way Nintendo can do it.

They need to merge audio from 2 devices, cables like that is the only way.


Pretty sure it could be done wirelessly, I mean the connection to the Switch could be wireless at least.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by jawafour » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:25 pm

It's amazing that the online / chat app is launching next Friday and yet no-one has seen anything of it! This is something that Nintendo is gong to charge to use from January... they need to make a great first impression.

User avatar
Karl
Daiakuma
Daiakuma
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Karl » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Literally any solution that doesn't involve a literal strawberry floating mobile phone app is fine by me.

Alas.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by jawafour » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Karl wrote:Literally any solution that doesn't involve a literal strawberry floating mobile phone app is fine by me.

Alas.

My mobile phone is ancient (2G pay-as-you-go) so I'm hoping that I'll be able to use my tablet. But... how many folk are actually going to use their mobile for this and be happy enough with all the cabling? It looks bloody awful and I just can't believe that this will be a decent way of arranging online games. And we will have to pay for it :lol: .

I hope that I am proved wrong and the setup works really well... I want to be positive but, right now, I can't see it.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by rinks » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:11 pm

If anyone was waiting for Puyo Puyo Tetris to drop in price, it's 20% off for a limited time.

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Yoshimi » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Was feeling down today, so bought a Switch to cheer myself up a bit. Got Mario Kart with it for £309 from Smyth's (despite having it on Wii U).

I already have Zelda on the Wii U too, but I'm thinking of rebuying that too.

Looking forward to Mario Odyssey and whatever else Nintendo have in store. Hopefully lots of new titles rather than re-releases.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by KjGarly » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:15 pm

I missed out on the Wii U and played only a handful of titles via Cemu emulator on PC so wouldn't mind a few 'remasters'

Image Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Tomous » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Yoshimi wrote:Was feeling down today, so bought a Switch to cheer myself up a bit. Got Mario Kart with it for £309 from Smyth's (despite having it on Wii U).

I already have Zelda on the Wii U too, but I'm thinking of rebuying that too.

Looking forward to Mario Odyssey and whatever else Nintendo have in store. Hopefully lots of new titles rather than re-releases.


£310 with MK8 or Arms is the best I've seen but it seems out of stock now. Don't suppose anyone has seen similar deal elsewhere?

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Jam-Master Jay » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Neon Switch + Splatoon 2 pre-order is £319.85 on ShopTo.

ImageImage
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Is anyone thinking about getting the Hori pro controller? it's not wireless but is getting very good reviews. £26.99 and officially licensed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Nintendo-Controller-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01NAUATSM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1500209013&sr=8-4&keywords=hori+nintendo+switch

Edit. it's released on the 31st July.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Karl
Daiakuma
Daiakuma
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Karl » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:10 pm

I met Dalagonash briefly at Hyper Japan (he seemed busy with Nintendo stuff so I didn't want to bother him too much). He is very friendly! :wub:

Come back to us Dala! ;)

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by KjGarly » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:Is anyone thinking about getting the Hori pro controller? it's not wireless but is getting very good reviews. £26.99 and officially licensed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Nintendo-Controller-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01NAUATSM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1500209013&sr=8-4&keywords=hori+nintendo+switch

Edit. it's released on the 31st July.


I've pre ordered one. I sit about 5-6 feet away from away from my Switch so hoping the lead is long enough. I'm happy with the joycons so it will be used for 2 player Mario Kart with the missus (currently use little joypad shaped holders for each joycon)

Image Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:07 pm

KjGarly wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:Is anyone thinking about getting the Hori pro controller? it's not wireless but is getting very good reviews. £26.99 and officially licensed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Nintendo-Controller-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01NAUATSM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1500209013&sr=8-4&keywords=hori+nintendo+switch

Edit. it's released on the 31st July.


I've pre ordered one. I sit about 5-6 feet away from away from my Switch so hoping the lead is long enough. I'm happy with the joycons so it will be used for 2 player Mario Kart with the missus (currently use little joypad shaped holders for each joycon)


Can't seem to find any details about the length of the cable.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Tomous » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Just ordered the Splatoon 2 bundle for £320.

My body is ready :wub:

User avatar
Dinoric
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by Dinoric » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:37 pm

Have just gone and got my self a switch. It seems a great machine so far.

Hope somebody can add my friend code to the front page.

Dinoric - Dinoric - 8070-8110-3070

Will be adding everyone from the front page later tonight.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by jawafour » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:55 pm

Tomous wrote:Just ordered the Splatoon 2 bundle...

Dinoric wrote:Have just gone and got my self a switch. It seems a great machine so far...

Double bubble! Welcome, Tomous and Dinoric, to Switch Squad!

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread | Play anytime, anywhere with anyone
by KjGarly » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Image

Image Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], IAmTheSaladMan and 42 guests