Nintendo Switch Chat thread

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by imbusydoctorwho » Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 pm

jawafour wrote:

Go Vacation is gonna return to Switch. Yep, we've got Wii ports now :fp: .



But.... why?

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Winckle » Thu May 17, 2018 3:03 pm

jawafour wrote:I've pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition with ShopTo but it hasn't dispatched yet; very unusual for them and, looking online, it appears that others haven't received a dispatch note either. Now thinking about canceling as I shouldn't really splash the cash, anyway.

Edit: Apparently some customers of base.com have also said that their pre-orders have been changed to back orders due to stock issues. I wonder if Nintendo has cocked up a bit here?

That is very unlike shopto, they are normally very efficient.

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Venom » Thu May 17, 2018 3:12 pm

jawafour wrote:

Go Vacation is gonna return to Switch. Yep, we've got Wii ports now :fp: .

It was actually pretty good but I hope it has been well updated.


This came up on my YouTube feed and I thought it had that happy holiday island feel of Wii Sports Resort. It's not a new Pilot Wings but I saw city hand gliding which might feel the gap.

User avatar
TheChosenOne
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Nintendonator3000

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by TheChosenOne » Thu May 17, 2018 3:14 pm

I loved Go Vacation. I wasn't too keen on the sports themselves (granted I don't think I tried many), but exploring the open areas with 3 friends was a lot of fun, we spent hours just messing around with it.

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Tafdolphin » Thu May 17, 2018 4:13 pm

It's getting a lot of praise on twitter. I probably won't end up getting it as I don't really have anyone to play with however. Loner face.

Gave Octopath Traveller a wee go. strawberry float me the voices are awful. Turned them off tout suite. Looks lovely though.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by The Watching Artist » Thu May 17, 2018 4:20 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:That opening.... it's a Nintendo battle royale game!

:lol:

Its actually how I imagined a future Nintendo system UI. But you'd have an arcade to access VC and an indie games store would be the eshop. Settings at the town hall. Ah well. Such bizarre thoughts are a thing of the past now.

Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Hyperion » Thu May 17, 2018 4:21 pm

jawafour wrote:I've pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition with ShopTo but it hasn't dispatched yet; very unusual for them and, looking online, it appears that others haven't received a dispatch note either. Now thinking about canceling as I shouldn't really splash the cash, anyway.

Edit: Apparently some customers of base.com have also said that their pre-orders have been changed to back orders due to stock issues. I wonder if Nintendo has cocked up a bit here?

You already have two versions of the game. Play some actual Zelda :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by The Watching Artist » Thu May 17, 2018 4:35 pm

Hyperion wrote:
jawafour wrote:I've pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition with ShopTo but it hasn't dispatched yet; very unusual for them and, looking online, it appears that others haven't received a dispatch note either. Now thinking about canceling as I shouldn't really splash the cash, anyway.

Edit: Apparently some customers of base.com have also said that their pre-orders have been changed to back orders due to stock issues. I wonder if Nintendo has cocked up a bit here?

You already have two versions of the game. Play some actual Zelda :lol:

I'm seriously thinking Jawa has to be trolling at this point.

Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Hyperion » Thu May 17, 2018 5:36 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
jawafour wrote:I've pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition with ShopTo but it hasn't dispatched yet; very unusual for them and, looking online, it appears that others haven't received a dispatch note either. Now thinking about canceling as I shouldn't really splash the cash, anyway.

Edit: Apparently some customers of base.com have also said that their pre-orders have been changed to back orders due to stock issues. I wonder if Nintendo has cocked up a bit here?

You already have two versions of the game. Play some actual Zelda :lol:

I'm seriously thinking Jawa has to be trolling at this point.


Jawa's more of a troll than Fisher

Image Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by jawafour » Thu May 17, 2018 5:57 pm

Winckle wrote:That is very unlike shopto, they are normally very efficient.

Absolutely, I place the vast majority of my game orders with them and they're usually excellent. Apparently they've not yet been supplied with the games by (presumably) Nintendo.

Hyperion wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:I'm seriously thinking Jawa has to be trolling at this point.

Jawa's more of a troll than Fisher

:o ... :? . It's a Warriors game... I don't want to miss out on quality 8-) .

User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Yubel » Thu May 17, 2018 6:57 pm

jawafour wrote:

Go Vacation is gonna return to Switch. Yep, we've got Wii ports now :fp: .

It was actually pretty good but I hope it has been well updated.


At first I was like "wow, a new Gamecube title from Nintendo in 2018", not knowing it's actually a port of a Wii game Iv'e never heard of. If this were revealed during their E3 direct however, then those first 10 seconds would set many people up for Pokémon.

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by OrangeRakoon » Thu May 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Yubel wrote:If this were revealed during their E3 direct however, then those first 10 seconds would set many people up for Pokémon.


That would have been delicious

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by jawafour » Thu May 17, 2018 8:06 pm

I've had an email from ShopTo confirming that their supplier has not delivered copies of Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition to them and that they won't receive them until Monday. I've decided to cancel my order; it's a chance to have a breather and think about whether I really want to purchase it.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Mafro » Thu May 17, 2018 9:03 pm

jawa :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Tomous » Thu May 17, 2018 9:07 pm

I vote the forum takes control of Jawa’s purchases and we all vote on whether he should buy a game or not going forward.

User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Johnny Ryall » Thu May 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Dynasty warriors games are all bad, you got lucky

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by OrangeRakoon » Thu May 17, 2018 9:32 pm

Johnny Ryall wrote:Dynasty warriors games are all bad, you got lucky


Ban request

Also, can someone explain why Minecraft is listed under coming soon on the eshop, with a different description/set of images than the already released Minecraft: Switch edition?

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Hyperion » Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Tomous wrote:I vote the forum takes control of Jawa’s purchases and we all vote on whether he should buy a game or not going forward.

This seems like only sensible option

Image Image
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Fisher » Thu May 17, 2018 11:49 pm

looking forward to Go Vacation.

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Hyperion » Fri May 18, 2018 12:03 am

Are Nintendo likely to release a GoTY edition of Zelda after E3?
I've picked up Xenoblade to keep me busy but I want to pick up Zelda with the DLC included if it's likely to happen

Image Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, darksideby182, FatDaz, HaruKazuhira, ignition, Jezo, lex-man, Met, OldSoulCyborg, Pedz, Robbo-92 and 43 guests