Nintendo Switch Chat thread

Our best bits.
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by OrangeReindeer » Mon May 21, 2018 11:32 am

Well obviously they won't get any console updates or game updates either. Really she'd need to look on a game-by-game basis to check that isn't a problem

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by jawafour » Mon May 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition has landed at number three in the UK weekly sales chart. Good show!

Except... "the Wii U version sold more than double the number at launch than the new definitive version has managed on Switch". Blimey :o .

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Advent7 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:04 pm

But nobody had a Wii u which is the reason for all the ports amirite

User avatar
Seven Posers Posing
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Seven Posers Posing » Mon May 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Rax wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote:
Fisher wrote:i'm getting Hyrule Warriors next month.


Only really quoting this so you come back to more notifications than your one-minute time slot will allow you to deal with.


That’s mean

Morning all how is everyone today?

Pretty good, thanks for asking.

My neighbour is asking me about the Switch and internet connectivity, her son wants one but they dont internet in their home so she wants to know if theres any games that need an internet connection. The only ones I can think of are WWE 2k18, Doom and LA Noire, where not everything is on the cart, none of these he would be interested in or allowed play. Are there others that need a download in addition to the contents of the cart?


:lol:

Image
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by OrangeReindeer » Mon May 21, 2018 12:45 pm

jawafour wrote:Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition has landed at number three in the UK weekly sales chart. Good show!

Except... "the Wii U version sold more than double the number at launch than the new definitive version has managed on Switch". Blimey :o .


What's the source for this? I am wondering if a) the wiiu game had a "longer" launch week because of the day it was released, and b) if this is physical only, and presumably the Switch has a larger digital contingent.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Preezy » Mon May 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Had what must have been my 20th hard crash back to the home screen playing Football Manager last night. I'm loving the game and have already gone past my total playtime on BotW, but cheese & crackers the bugs are starting to grate. If the matchday engine loads as a black screen, I know that after the match the game will crash, and there's no way to leave the match once you've started. Very frustrating.

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Advent7 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:50 pm

More like footBOOTLOADERROR Manager amirite

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by jawafour » Mon May 21, 2018 12:56 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:What's the source for this? I am wondering if a) the wiiu game had a "longer" launch week because of the day it was released, and b) if this is physical only, and presumably the Switch has a larger digital contingent.


The source is gamesindustry.biz. The Wii U version released on Friday 19 September 2014 so it is equivalent to the Friday release of the Switch version. I doubt that many folk have dropped fifty notes on the download version, but it's hard to verify that assumption.

I suspect the factors at play could be:
> People are baulking at the idea of a £49.99 (RRP) price point for a remastered game
> People who bought it on the U (and / or 3DS) are reticent to pick it up again for the relatively small upgrades of the Switch version
> There appears to be relatively few Warriors series fans in the UK (unfortunately!)

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Tomous » Mon May 21, 2018 1:12 pm

jawafour wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:What's the source for this? I am wondering if a) the wiiu game had a "longer" launch week because of the day it was released, and b) if this is physical only, and presumably the Switch has a larger digital contingent.


The source is gamesindustry.biz. The Wii U version released on Friday 19 September 2014 so it is equivalent to the Friday release of the Switch version. I doubt that many folk have dropped fifty notes on the download version, but it's hard to verify that assumption.

I suspect the factors at play could be:
> People are baulking at the idea of a £49.99 (RRP) price point for a remastered game
> People who bought it on the U (and / or 3DS) are reticent to pick it up again for the relatively small upgrades of the Switch version
> There appears to be relatively few Warriors series fans in the UK (unfortunately!)



Plus some people may have got their Warriors fill with the Fire Emblem entry last year.

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Rax » Mon May 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Poser wrote:
Rax wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote:
Fisher wrote:i'm getting Hyrule Warriors next month.


Only really quoting this so you come back to more notifications than your one-minute time slot will allow you to deal with.


That’s mean

Morning all how is everyone today?

Pretty good, thanks for asking.

My neighbour is asking me about the Switch and internet connectivity, her son wants one but they dont internet in their home so she wants to know if theres any games that need an internet connection. The only ones I can think of are WWE 2k18, Doom and LA Noire, where not everything is on the cart, none of these he would be interested in or allowed play. Are there others that need a download in addition to the contents of the cart?


:lol:

Please Poser, serious answers only, this is very important.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Rex Kramer » Mon May 21, 2018 1:47 pm

jawafour wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:What's the source for this? I am wondering if a) the wiiu game had a "longer" launch week because of the day it was released, and b) if this is physical only, and presumably the Switch has a larger digital contingent.


The source is gamesindustry.biz. The Wii U version released on Friday 19 September 2014 so it is equivalent to the Friday release of the Switch version. I doubt that many folk have dropped fifty notes on the download version, but it's hard to verify that assumption.

I suspect the factors at play could be:
> People are baulking at the idea of a £49.99 (RRP) price point for a remastered game
> People who bought it on the U (and / or 3DS) are reticent to pick it up again for the relatively small upgrades of the Switch version
> There appears to be relatively few Warriors series fans in the UK (unfortunately!)

Weren't there also some stock issues with the Switch version or did they get resolved before the weekend?

User avatar
Seven Posers Posing
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Seven Posers Posing » Mon May 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Rax wrote:
Poser wrote:
Rax wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote:
Fisher wrote:i'm getting Hyrule Warriors next month.


Only really quoting this so you come back to more notifications than your one-minute time slot will allow you to deal with.


That’s mean

Morning all how is everyone today?

Pretty good, thanks for asking.

My neighbour is asking me about the Switch and internet connectivity, her son wants one but they dont internet in their home so she wants to know if theres any games that need an internet connection. The only ones I can think of are WWE 2k18, Doom and LA Noire, where not everything is on the cart, none of these he would be interested in or allowed play. Are there others that need a download in addition to the contents of the cart?


:lol:

Please Poser, serious answers only, this is very important.


Sorry. I'm actually not sure - you kinda take it as read that everyone has internet. Has anyone actually tried to load a Switch and play Odyssey without having a connection? I'd be (genuinely) keen to find out.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by jawafour » Mon May 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:Weren't there also some stock issues with the Switch version or did they get resolved before the weekend?

ShopTo didn't get their stock until today and I read that a few Base.com customers didn't get their copy, either.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by jawafour » Mon May 21, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm genuinely not sure if that's a serious question or not, Rax :lol: . Playing a straight bat... personally I'd avoid buying any console today if I didn't have internet access. System and game updates are a constant now and most new games - even if they come on card - still have updates to download.

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Rax » Mon May 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Poser wrote:
Rax wrote:
Poser wrote:
Rax wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote:
Fisher wrote:i'm getting Hyrule Warriors next month.


Only really quoting this so you come back to more notifications than your one-minute time slot will allow you to deal with.


That’s mean

Morning all how is everyone today?

Pretty good, thanks for asking.

My neighbour is asking me about the Switch and internet connectivity, her son wants one but they dont internet in their home so she wants to know if theres any games that need an internet connection. The only ones I can think of are WWE 2k18, Doom and LA Noire, where not everything is on the cart, none of these he would be interested in or allowed play. Are there others that need a download in addition to the contents of the cart?


:lol:

Please Poser, serious answers only, this is very important.


Sorry. I'm actually not sure - you kinda take it as read that everyone has internet. Has anyone actually tried to load a Switch and play Odyssey without having a connection? I'd be (genuinely) keen to find out.

:slol:

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Rax » Mon May 21, 2018 1:53 pm

jawafour wrote:I'm genuinely not sure if that's a serious question or not, Rax :lol: . Playing a straight bat... personally I'd avoid buying any console today if I didn't have internet access. System and game updates are a constant now and most new games - even if they come on card - still have updates to download.

It was a question I was asked but I just wanted to justify extending that quote chain and didnt expect Poser to take me seriously when I asked for him to take it seriously. :lol:

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by imbusydoctorwho » Mon May 21, 2018 2:45 pm

I caved in and got Hyrule Warriors for a third time and also got FIFA 18 as it was cheap.
Was tempted to get Little Nightmares but £30 for a games that's apparently really short put me off.

User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Harry Ellis » Mon May 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Finally started BotW last night. It's good! Did the first quest and made my way to the map station (or whatever they are calling it) for the second area.

Question: How long does the whole "your weapon broke and you must equip another" thing last?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by Preezy » Mon May 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Drumstick wrote:Finally started BotW last night. It's good! Did the first quest and made my way to the map station (or whatever they are calling it) for the second area.

Question: How long does the whole "your weapon broke and you must equip another" thing last?

THE ENTIRE GAME

User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat thread
by OrangeReindeer » Mon May 21, 2018 3:37 pm

You'll transition from not enough weapons to too many weapons as you go through the game.

Embrace the way you're encouraged to mix combat up, and treat the stronger weapons like you would ammunition for powerful weapons in a shooter - something to use when you need to rather than waste on regular mooks.


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests