Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by jawafour » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:30 am

BAKA wrote:...I noticed a couple of people on my friends list have both the UK and Japanese NES / Famicom apps. Are there different games on the Japanese version?

I spotted this too, BAKA, with our own Jazzem leading the way! Lets ask him about this...

Jazzem wrote:(Y U play both, dude?)

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by jawafour » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:35 am

If you are thinking about getting a Switch... I've just noticed that RichardUK is selling an "as new" one for "around £200" :o .

User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Jazzem » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:01 am

jawafour wrote:
BAKA wrote:...I noticed a couple of people on my friends list have both the UK and Japanese NES / Famicom apps. Are there different games on the Japanese version?

I spotted this too, BAKA, with our own Jazzem leading the way! Lets ask him about this...

Jazzem wrote:(Y U play both, dude?)




S'pretty neat! Though crazily, JP Zelda retains its load times from the original disk release

Speaking of Zelda, I'm five dungeons in now (on regular NES version), mostly going by memory from previous playthroughs. Also cheesing the gambling mini game with save states <.<

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Pedz » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Jazzem wrote:
jawafour wrote:
BAKA wrote:...I noticed a couple of people on my friends list have both the UK and Japanese NES / Famicom apps. Are there different games on the Japanese version?

I spotted this too, BAKA, with our own Jazzem leading the way! Lets ask him about this...

Jazzem wrote:(Y U play both, dude?)




S'pretty neat! Though crazily, JP Zelda retains its load times from the original disk release

Speaking of Zelda, I'm five dungeons in now (on regular NES version), mostly going by memory from previous playthroughs. Also cheesing the gambling mini game with save states <.<


How do you even access both versions? Just add a Japanese account to you family?

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by shy guy 64 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Fisher wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Fisher wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Fisher wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Fisher wrote:have you got any new switch games last week.


i got the story expansion for xenoblade 2 and final fantasy 15


how far are you on final fantasy 15.


just a little bit in chapter 2


what levels are your party.


12 or 13 i think



how hard is the bosses.


so far not so bad but im still at the start

Image
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by imbusydoctorwho » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:16 pm

My Switch went weird last night it froze so I hold the power button to turn it off, and when it turned of I could get it to turn back on. Strange thing was the Joy Cons were still lit up like the Switch was still on. Anyway gave it 5 mins and its okay atm touch wood.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by jawafour » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:07 pm

jawafour wrote:

Will you be praising the sun?


It seems that some folk over on Reset Era have been able to play this already in the US... and their impressions don't make for good reading. Odd controls (buttons switched?), choppy play / lag and compressed sound are the main issues highlighted. A bit disappointing - especially on top of the delayed release - and I'm gonna cancel my pre-order.

User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Jazzem » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Pedz wrote:
Jazzem wrote:
jawafour wrote:
BAKA wrote:...I noticed a couple of people on my friends list have both the UK and Japanese NES / Famicom apps. Are there different games on the Japanese version?

I spotted this too, BAKA, with our own Jazzem leading the way! Lets ask him about this...

Jazzem wrote:(Y U play both, dude?)


[GAMEXPLAIN VIDEO]

S'pretty neat! Though crazily, JP Zelda retains its load times from the original disk release

Speaking of Zelda, I'm five dungeons in now (on regular NES version), mostly going by memory from previous playthroughs. Also cheesing the gambling mini game with save states <.<


How do you even access both versions? Just add a Japanese account to you family?


Nah, all I had to do was download Famicom app via Japanese account (which doesn't have Switch Online Subscription of any kind), then play it with my UK account (which is subscribed)

Was relieved that I could still play my US copy of Puyo Tetris online too!

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Mafro » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:51 pm

jawafour wrote:
jawafour wrote:

Will you be praising the sun?


It seems that some folk over on Reset Era have been able to play this already in the US... and their impressions don't make for good reading. Odd controls (buttons switched?), choppy play / lag and compressed sound are the main issues highlighted. A bit disappointing - especially on top of the delayed release - and I'm gonna cancel my pre-order.

I'd probably ignore that much of knee-jerkers and wait and see what the final version is like since this is just a network test. Digital Foundry and a few others said the version they played a few months ago was fine.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by OrangeRKN » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Jazzem wrote:Nah, all I had to do was download Famicom app via Japanese account (which doesn't have Switch Online Subscription of any kind), then play it with my UK account (which is subscribed)

Was relieved that I could still play my US copy of Puyo Tetris online too!


I wonder if this means you could pay for online sub through a cheaper store/region...

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Pedz » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Mafro wrote:
jawafour wrote:
jawafour wrote:

Will you be praising the sun?


It seems that some folk over on Reset Era have been able to play this already in the US... and their impressions don't make for good reading. Odd controls (buttons switched?), choppy play / lag and compressed sound are the main issues highlighted. A bit disappointing - especially on top of the delayed release - and I'm gonna cancel my pre-order.

I'd probably ignore that much of knee-jerkers and wait and see what the final version is like since this is just a network test. Digital Foundry and a few others said the version they played a few months ago was fine.


He should cancel it though because he only played about 10 minutes of Bloodbourne.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Jezo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Lol

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Pedz » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Jezo wrote:Lol

Image


I just saw on my phone that people think this may be a new Pokémon. I didn't read the article, any substance to the claim?

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by shy guy 64 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:57 pm

Pedz wrote:
Jezo wrote:Lol

Image


I just saw on my phone that people think this may be a new Pokémon. I didn't read the article, any substance to the claim?


i believe it was in the data of pokemon go and it was said that there would be new one for lets go

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:00 pm

It looks fake as hell. Like someone sprayed a Ditto silver and stuck a clipart of a Nut on top with an eyeball in the middle.

So yeah I'm saying its' not genuine.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Jazzem » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Did anyone else think of this upon seeing that

Image

OrangeRKN wrote:
Jazzem wrote:Nah, all I had to do was download Famicom app via Japanese account (which doesn't have Switch Online Subscription of any kind), then play it with my UK account (which is subscribed)

Was relieved that I could still play my US copy of Puyo Tetris online too!


I wonder if this means you could pay for online sub through a cheaper store/region...


Ooh, not sure. I would've thought no but then the Switch is surprisingly open when it comes to multi-region shenanigans

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by OrangeRKN » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:25 pm

If you can play a US game with a UK sub then it would seem to follow that you could play a UK game with a different region's sub. Not that I'll be trying it!

User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by NBK » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:53 pm

I think I might also be in the 'Undertale Isn't For Me' camp.

I get that it's supposed to be more about the gameplay and writing, but I'm not feeling it at all at the moment. The Skeletons are...fine, I guess, but I don't know if they're enough to keep me playing. I also hadn't realised that it had some sort of mass following so expect I'm probably missing the punchline.

With this, Night in the Woods and Pool Panic all leaving me feeling :| of late, I'll really need to stop buying Indy Darling games (for want of a better term) on a whim.

I'm sorry, Club Switch, please feel free to tell me how wrong I am :cry:

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Squinty » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:00 pm

NBK wrote:I think I might also be in the 'Undertale Isn't For Me' camp.

I get that it's supposed to be more about the gameplay and writing, but I'm not feeling it at all at the moment. The Skeletons are...fine, I guess, but I don't know if they're enough to keep me playing. I also hadn't realised that it had some sort of mass following so expect I'm probably missing the punchline.

With this, Night in the Woods and Pool Panic all leaving me feeling :| of late, I'll really need to stop buying Indy Darling games (for want of a better term) on a whim.

I'm sorry, Club Switch, please feel free to tell me how wrong I am :cry:


Didn't get the love for it either. The combat is interesting, but everything else just didn't interest me. I finished it, but I have no inclination to play it again.

It isn't Gone Home levels of shitness though.

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Jezo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:It looks fake as hell. Like someone sprayed a Ditto silver and stuck a clipart of a Nut on top with an eyeball in the middle.

So yeah I'm saying its' not genuine.

All I'm seeing in this post is proof of why it's genuine.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kerr9000 and 46 guests