Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Rudolphin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:08 am

I think I put 120 hrs into Fallout 3 and probably have the same in Witcher 3 too. I've completed BioShock 1 at least 6 times so that's another 80 right there.

I've seen some people on WarFrame with well over 4000 hours.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Preezy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:09 am

I have embarrassingly only put 5 hours in Mario Odyssey, and I got it with my Switch last year :oops:

User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by OrangeReindeer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:05 am

Tafdolphin wrote:I think I put 120 hrs into Fallout 3 and probably have the same in Witcher 3 too. I've completed BioShock 1 at least 6 times so that's another 80 right there.

I've seen some people on WarFrame with well over 4000 hours.


You put 120 hours into Fallout 3 on Switch?

Better let Jawa know about that...

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Rudolphin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:06 am

OrangeRKN wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:I think I put 120 hrs into Fallout 3 and probably have the same in Witcher 3 too. I've completed BioShock 1 at least 6 times so that's another 80 right there.

I've seen some people on WarFrame with well over 4000 hours.


You put 120 hours into Fallout 3 on Switch?

Better let Jawa know about that...


Never. :shifty:

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Seven » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:07 pm

If switch got fallout 3 I'd buy it instant.

Image
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Hyperion » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:10 pm

jawafour wrote:
Preezy wrote:Just passed 300 hours on Football Manager. Send help :dread:

I spotted that statistic whilst extracting personal data perusing my friends list, Preezy :o .

If it's any consolation, I have noted that there is a GRcadian who has put over 1,500 hours into a single game.

The Wii U web browser doesn't count as a game jawa

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by The Watching Artist » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Hyperion wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Preezy wrote:Just passed 300 hours on Football Manager. Send help :dread:

I spotted that statistic whilst extracting personal data perusing my friends list, Preezy :o .

If it's any consolation, I have noted that there is a GRcadian who has put over 1,500 hours into a single game.

The Wii U web browser doesn't count as a game jawa

:lol:

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by jawafour » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:I think I put 120 hrs into Fallout 3...


You put 120 hours into Fallout 3 on Switch?

Better let Jawa know about that...


Never. :shifty:

My dream of Fallout arriving on the Switch doesn't look like it's gonna come to fruition :-(. And, no, Fallout Shelter and Fallout Pinball doesn't cut it, Bethesda :x .

Hyperion wrote:
jawafour wrote:...If it's any consolation, I have noted that there is a GRcadian who has put over 1,500 hours into a single game.

The Wii U web browser doesn't count as a game jawa

My most-played game iand it still hasn't been ported to the Switch :-( ... I eagerly await Web Browser Deluxe :datass: .

User avatar
Quantum Name
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Quantum Name » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Quantum Name wrote:How can you view your own hours played stats? I know how to see my friends' but not my own.

Also who is Inventive N?

I too am friends with this person, though I'm willing to admit I don't know who they are. It has to be someone here at any rate.


This is going to be one of those mysteries that runs and runs isn't it...

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by shy guy 64 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:54 pm

this is making me feel better about the 300 hours ive out into xenoblade 2




farming items it mostly is

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Rex Kramer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:01 pm

This TWEWY review makes me think I'll stick with the DS original.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/10/11/ ... ix-review/

User avatar
Chocolate Selection Box
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Chocolate Selection Box » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Wow, that's kind of a downer. The partner system was what made the battles interesting. Why would they strawberry float up the handheld controls like that? The D-Pad is right there, let me control my partner with it the way the game intended.

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Rex Kramer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:20 pm

I guess it's because it's based on the iPad port?

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by DarkRula » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Quantum Name wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Quantum Name wrote:How can you view your own hours played stats? I know how to see my friends' but not my own.

Also who is Inventive N?

I too am friends with this person, though I'm willing to admit I don't know who they are. It has to be someone here at any rate.


This is going to be one of those mysteries that runs and runs isn't it...


It's been a mystery since the beginning of the year on the old thread. I've not found anything else yet.

Image
Image
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by OrangeReindeer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:32 pm

The combat sounds objectively worse than the DS original as the second character control is lost, and it sounds like you need a stylus to actually play properly. Stylus in handheld is awkward though because that means holding the switch one-handed... I'm not sure I can put myself through that.

That review is very informative apart from I'm mad about one thing:

...the updated visuals make it hard to return to the pixelated appearance of the original DS release.


The pixel art (lol "pixelated") of the original game is wonderful and I'm actually disappointed that it has been replaced, even if it does still look lovely.

The main reason I want to play this is the extra story and for the higher quality and remixed music, but I'm hesitant that the experience still loses out to the original.

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Floex » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Eww, entirely touchscreen controls? Huge bummer.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Rex Kramer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:40 pm

But only in handheld mode. Docked is supposedly even worse.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Mafro » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Yikes. Hard pass from me /ResetERA

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Seven » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:48 pm

I'll get it but not £40 :dread:

£20 and I might bite, but until then I can wait

Image
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
Caroller
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Caroller » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:50 pm

So... I’m the only one ambivalent about this change then? Given that the entire original game was all about using the DS’ touch screen to fight in interesting ways, expecting the game to work perfectly in docked mode with buttons only (or even the IR pointer) seems flat out unreasonable. Meanwhile, while I get people’s disappointment about not being able to control two characters at once, I never mastered that. Never ever. If they’ve made that a bit less mindscrewy, I’ll welcome that with open arms (depending on how well it works this time around, natch).

GNamer admin.: visit your friendly neighbourhood affiliate!
Also I have a writing and music blog.
'Your lives that I spit upon are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!'

Return to “Games”