Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by OrangeRKN » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Just a note with my SONM hat on: Fisher used to post at other times of day, it actually took a while for his switch to 11.48 posts to be noticed on SONM because they would be in different threads. We did IP checks at the time (as Karl has done here) and he doesn't appear to be anyone's alt. I have zero problems with his posts, but if they annoy you for whatever reason then as suggested the ignore function is there.

Anyway, I'm in for Octopath on Friday!

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostNintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by ITSMILNER » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:14 pm

What if we made it a bannable offence if you interactwith Fishers trolling or parody his posts?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by KjGarly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:21 pm

still wrote:Problem is, it's becoming the fisher thread rather than the Switch thread.


I no longer own a Switch but I come in daily for the fisher. My day would always be incomplete if I didn't get to find out he'd unlocked another kart in Mario Kart 8 :cry:

Perhaps the guys autistic, anyone bothered to ask that one?

Image Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Frank » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm

I think that was suggested after like, his fourth post

Image
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Karl » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Let's go ahead and get back to Switch chat, please.

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Frank » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:51 pm

I asked about Octopath and everyone ignored me :(

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Ad7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:23 pm

I'm about to buy a second set of joycons, meaning I need a charging grip, meaning I need a usb c cable to charge that along side the ones on the switch.

£110 in total

Larrydavidfaint.gif

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by shy guy 64 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Frank wrote:I asked about Octopath and everyone ignored me :(


im getting it too and captain toad

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Ad7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:35 pm

:lol: :wub:

This is great banter.

Ordered a second set of grey joy-cons :nod:

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by jawafour » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:42 pm

I've had a look in SONM and Fisher posted every day at 22:49 or 23:49 from 18 April 2017 through 10 February 2018. That's ten months... every day without fail... including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Eve. Twice or three times on some days, but always at the "48" or "49" past the hour time. There was a blank period from 13 April 2017 through 17 April 2017 inclusive :o .

But... the sequence ran before that, from 9 Oct 2015 through 12 April 2017. Eighteen months uninterrupted... every day. The posts were at all different times up until July 2016, when they then settled into generally being either 20:49, 22:49 or 23:49. There was a one day break! No post on Thu 8 Oct 2015 :o . Before, that... another "every day" post schedule with one day missed on 01 Aug 2015. Before that.... I haven't checked :lol: .

There's no doubt that it takes incredible resolve to post virtually every day over a period of years. It's certainly impressive. I've no idea how that can be maintained, especially when the timing of the posts in recent years has been so precise. I wonder how someone can be that dedicated and yet only - generally - post once a day.

Fisher, dude... I am intrigued :-).

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by jawafour » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Ad7 wrote:I'm about to buy a second set of joycons, meaning I need a charging grip, meaning I need a usb c cable to charge that along side the ones on the switch.

£110 in total

Larrydavidfaint.gif

Why not just got a joy-con charging dock, Ad? I've got this one and it plugs into the Switch dock via a supplied USB cable. You can charge 1 to 4 joy-con simultaneously.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:57 pm

jawafour wrote:
Ad7 wrote:I'm about to buy a second set of joycons, meaning I need a charging grip, meaning I need a usb c cable to charge that along side the ones on the switch.

£110 in total

Larrydavidfaint.gif

Why not just got a joy-con charging dock, Ad? I've got this one and it plugs into the Switch dock via a supplied USB cable. You can charge 1 to 4 joy-con simultaneously.

I've got one of those too, it's pretty good.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by ITSMILNER » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Seems Nintendo are looking to release 20-30 indie games PER WEEK on the eshop, coming off the investors meeting they are impressed it seems with how well they sell!

Hopefully this means they will look to get the likes of Spelunky and other classic indies onto the system! Now all we need is a fully featured Virtual Console service

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Balladeer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:24 pm

Still no Hyper Light Drifter though! Come on chaps, I need to get my drift on.

To be fair I should probably work through Mario Tennis, Hollow Knight, Yoku's Island Express, Lumines, Lost Sphear and whichever other ones I can't remember first... :oops:

GNamer admin.: visit your friendly neighbourhood affiliate!
Also I have a writing and music blog.
'Your lives that I spit upon are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!'
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Robbo-92 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:36 pm

jawafour wrote:I've had a look in SONM and Fisher posted every day at 22:49 or 23:49 from 18 April 2017 through 10 February 2018. That's ten months... every day without fail... including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Eve. Twice or three times on some days, but always at the "48" or "49" past the hour time. There was a blank period from 13 April 2017 through 17 April 2017 inclusive :o .

But... the sequence ran before that, from 9 Oct 2015 through 12 April 2017. Eighteen months uninterrupted... every day. The posts were at all different times up until July 2016, when they then settled into generally being either 20:49, 22:49 or 23:49. There was a one day break! No post on Thu 8 Oct 2015 :o . Before, that... another "every day" post schedule with one day missed on 01 Aug 2015. Before that.... I haven't checked :lol: .

There's no doubt that it takes incredible resolve to post virtually every day over a period of years. It's certainly impressive. I've no idea how that can be maintained, especially when the timing of the posts in recent years has been so precise. I wonder how someone can be that dedicated and yet only - generally - post once a day.

Fisher, dude... I am intrigued :-).


Frankly I do find it intriguing, just not enough to discuss it really. I get that everyone has their own routine in life, maybe this is just an odd one that Fisher has gotten themselves into over time? I agree though that it does show a high degree of dedication to post consistently at 23:49. Personally I don't let it bother me, if Fisher is happy posting in such a manner then I don't see any real issue.


Anyway as it's been mentioned I'm very excited for Octotpath, I mean I've got loads of other games still on the go but after Octopath I don't have any current plans to get anything till Pokemon comes out in mid November so I've got plenty of time to hopefully finish the games I have.

Image

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Frank » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Guessing it's probably a "no", but is there anywhere that's like the *best* place to get Switch games? Looking at the prices on the store and they're all pretty shocking, so I don't think I'll be going download-only here, despite the enormous SD card I've picked up...

Also really tempted to pick up Lumines with the weird HD rumble thing but historically I've always been SO bad at it

Image
User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Johnny Ryall » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Getting back into Celeste. Damn it's a lovely game.

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Balladeer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:42 pm

It is my favourite 2D platformer ever. It just feels so good to play! That's before you get into the music (which I have purchased) and the story...

Frank wrote:Also really tempted to pick up Lumines with the weird HD rumble thing but historically I've always been SO bad at it


I've just tried it and... oh dear. Really not for me. Still, maybe the more people who buy it, the more likely we are to get a Switch version of Meteos? :simper:

GNamer admin.: visit your friendly neighbourhood affiliate!
Also I have a writing and music blog.
'Your lives that I spit upon are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!'
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Frank » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:44 pm

I loved the concept of it back on the PSP but every time I've played it it all moves too fast and I can't rotate the blocks well enough and it just frustrates me. I kind of want it but ~£14 on something I might never actually play and has no resale value doesn't make economic sense :shifty:

Image
User avatar
andythevillan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Birmingham

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by andythevillan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Johnny Ryall wrote:Getting back into Celeste. Damn it's a lovely game.

Waiting for Celeste to go on offer it is on the PSN but want the Switch version. If it's half as good as Hollow Knight I will be happy. Since getting my Switch in March my X1X hardly is turned on now


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DarkRula, HaruKazuhira, Jazzem, kerr9000, KjGarly, lex-man, mic, Moz, PaperMacheMario, Peter Crisp, Robbo-92 and 49 guests