Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by DarkRula » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:45 pm

And I'm still clueless as to what it is. Hint?
Oh. Wait. I never saw the crucial linking part of it. Yeah... That's funny.

Image
Image
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Fisher » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:49 pm

captain toad treasure tracker reviews is good.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by shy guy 64 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Fisher wrote:captain toad treasure tracker reviews is good.


it is a great little game

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by OrangeRKN » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:02 am

Johnny Ryall wrote:Just finished Celeste. Loved it. Checkpoints are perfectly balanced so you always feel like you've got a fighting chance and well the story is amazing. I know there are b side levels to do but I'm not sure my thumb can handle doing everything.

Very creative game.


:wub:

B-sides aren't even all the game has left, but fair play if you stop where you are!

Switch has had two incredibly good indies this year in Celeste and Hollow Knight, I am happy for it to be a Nintendo + Indies machine if this is what we can expect.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Tafdolphin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Just finished Celeste. Loved it. Checkpoints are perfectly balanced so you always feel like you've got a fighting chance and well the story is amazing. I know there are b side levels to do but I'm not sure my thumb can handle doing everything.

Very creative game.


:wub:

B-sides aren't even all the game has left, but fair play if you stop where you are!

Switch has had two incredibly good indies this year in Celeste and Hollow Knight, I am happy for it to be a Nintendo + Indies machine if this is what we can expect.


With Dead Cells coming this August too. Amazing scenes.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by ITSMILNER » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:10 am

Celeste was an amazing game, everything about it was just :wub: I will go back to it at some point to do all the extra stuff!

Speaking of Nindies as well, it has been fantastic seeing all these great indie games hitting the Switch. I now wait on buying any indie game until I see if it gets a Switch port, all I need now is Nintendo to start releasing all there classic games and I’ll be happy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Balladeer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:42 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Just finished Celeste. Loved it. Checkpoints are perfectly balanced so you always feel like you've got a fighting chance and well the story is amazing. I know there are b side levels to do but I'm not sure my thumb can handle doing everything.

Very creative game.


:wub:

B-sides aren't even all the game has left, but fair play if you stop where you are!

Switch has had two incredibly good indies this year in Celeste and Hollow Knight, I am happy for it to be a Nintendo + Indies machine if this is what we can expect.


WHO’S ENTHUSING ABOUT CELESTE
ARE YOU ENTHUSING ABOUT CELESETE
I’M UP FOR ENTHUSING ABOUT CELESTE

Not much to add to the above actually, Johnny nailed it pretty much. The Nindies have been my main focus this year, apart from Sushi Striker I’ve not really got on with any retail releases so the two titles O_R mentioned have been a godsend. (Shigsysend?) Now to hope that Hyper Light Drifter is also up there in terms of quality.

In the meanwhile, if anyone’s looking for another high-class downloadable, you could do worse than giving Yoku’s Island Express a go. It’s a bug-centred Metroidvania that’s at completely the opposite end of the tonal spectrum to HK. Very happy! Also there is pinball.

GNamer admin.: visit your friendly neighbourhood affiliate!
Also I have a writing and music blog.
'Your lives that I spit upon are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!'
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by OrangeRKN » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 am

Balladeer wrote:In the meanwhile, if anyone’s looking for another high-class downloadable, you could do worse than giving Yoku’s Island Express a go. It’s a bug-centred Metroidvania that’s at completely the opposite end of the tonal spectrum to HK. Very happy! Also there is pinball.


I'm going to buy it physical B)

Gotta finish up Hollow Knight first though, and Octopath is out tomorrow.

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Winckle » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:36 am

Tafdolphin wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Just finished Celeste. Loved it. Checkpoints are perfectly balanced so you always feel like you've got a fighting chance and well the story is amazing. I know there are b side levels to do but I'm not sure my thumb can handle doing everything.

Very creative game.


:wub:

B-sides aren't even all the game has left, but fair play if you stop where you are!

Switch has had two incredibly good indies this year in Celeste and Hollow Knight, I am happy for it to be a Nintendo + Indies machine if this is what we can expect.


With Dead Cells coming this August too. Amazing scenes.

I'm pretty hyped for Dead Cells. I bought it on PC, played it about ten times and decided to save it for Switch.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Tafdolphin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Winckle wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Just finished Celeste. Loved it. Checkpoints are perfectly balanced so you always feel like you've got a fighting chance and well the story is amazing. I know there are b side levels to do but I'm not sure my thumb can handle doing everything.

Very creative game.


:wub:

B-sides aren't even all the game has left, but fair play if you stop where you are!

Switch has had two incredibly good indies this year in Celeste and Hollow Knight, I am happy for it to be a Nintendo + Indies machine if this is what we can expect.


With Dead Cells coming this August too. Amazing scenes.

I'm pretty hyped for Dead Cells. I bought it on PC, played it about ten times and decided to save it for Switch.


Yep. It didn't get RPS' game of the year for nothing!

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Jenuall » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Winckle wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Just finished Celeste. Loved it. Checkpoints are perfectly balanced so you always feel like you've got a fighting chance and well the story is amazing. I know there are b side levels to do but I'm not sure my thumb can handle doing everything.

Very creative game.


:wub:

B-sides aren't even all the game has left, but fair play if you stop where you are!

Switch has had two incredibly good indies this year in Celeste and Hollow Knight, I am happy for it to be a Nintendo + Indies machine if this is what we can expect.


With Dead Cells coming this August too. Amazing scenes.

I'm pretty hyped for Dead Cells. I bought it on PC, played it about ten times and decided to save it for Switch.


Yep. It didn't get RPS' game of the year for nothing!


I took this approach with Dead Cells as well. Also did the same with Axiom Verge - got it cheap on PC and played enough to think "this will be amazeballs on Switch", so waited for the port and I was right. :datass:

Between fresh Nintendo releases, WiiU ports that are new to me, the surprisingly decent 3rd party support so far, and the fantastic selection of indies coming out the Switch has been utterly dominating my playtime since I picked it up just under a year ago. :toot:

ImageImage
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Tafdolphin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Winckle wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Just finished Celeste. Loved it. Checkpoints are perfectly balanced so you always feel like you've got a fighting chance and well the story is amazing. I know there are b side levels to do but I'm not sure my thumb can handle doing everything.

Very creative game.


:wub:

B-sides aren't even all the game has left, but fair play if you stop where you are!

Switch has had two incredibly good indies this year in Celeste and Hollow Knight, I am happy for it to be a Nintendo + Indies machine if this is what we can expect.


With Dead Cells coming this August too. Amazing scenes.

I'm pretty hyped for Dead Cells. I bought it on PC, played it about ten times and decided to save it for Switch.


Yep. It didn't get RPS' game of the year for nothing!


I took this approach with Dead Cells as well. Also did the same with Axiom Verge - got it cheap on PC and played enough to think "this will be amazeballs on Switch", so waited for the port and I was right. :datass:

Between fresh Nintendo releases, WiiU ports that are new to me, the surprisingly decent 3rd party support so far, and the fantastic selection of indies coming out the Switch has been utterly dominating my playtime since I picked it up just under a year ago. :toot:


I must admit after the initial round of big games, Odyssey, Kart and BoTW etc, I've been extremely underwhelmed by big, AAA first and third party games on the Switch. Aces is of no interest to me, nor are all the ports of Bethesda games. The indie games though...it's been a dream.

Can't believe they haven't announced a port of Into the Breach though. Seems like an absolute no-brainer.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by OrangeRKN » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:19 pm

I'd be all over Into the Breach if it gets a Switch port. I really want to play it but I just cba to play anything on steam these days.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Jenuall » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Winckle wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Just finished Celeste. Loved it. Checkpoints are perfectly balanced so you always feel like you've got a fighting chance and well the story is amazing. I know there are b side levels to do but I'm not sure my thumb can handle doing everything.

Very creative game.


:wub:

B-sides aren't even all the game has left, but fair play if you stop where you are!

Switch has had two incredibly good indies this year in Celeste and Hollow Knight, I am happy for it to be a Nintendo + Indies machine if this is what we can expect.


With Dead Cells coming this August too. Amazing scenes.

I'm pretty hyped for Dead Cells. I bought it on PC, played it about ten times and decided to save it for Switch.


Yep. It didn't get RPS' game of the year for nothing!


I took this approach with Dead Cells as well. Also did the same with Axiom Verge - got it cheap on PC and played enough to think "this will be amazeballs on Switch", so waited for the port and I was right. :datass:

Between fresh Nintendo releases, WiiU ports that are new to me, the surprisingly decent 3rd party support so far, and the fantastic selection of indies coming out the Switch has been utterly dominating my playtime since I picked it up just under a year ago. :toot:


I must admit after the initial round of big games, Odyssey, Kart and BoTW etc, I've been extremely underwhelmed by big, AAA first and third party games on the Switch. Aces is of no interest to me, nor are all the ports of Bethesda games. The indie games though...it's been a dream.

Can't believe they haven't announced a port of Into the Breach though. Seems like an absolute no-brainer.


Into the Breach would be a dream release. :wub:

My available gaming time means that that initial round of games is still more than enough for me. The big AAA releases I've picked up have been Odyssey, BOTW, Kart, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - all of which I would class as 9 or 10 out 10 games and between them have occupied me for 300+ hours. I can understand how those with more free time (or for those who those games just don't grab them) may have felt things lacking recently, but I'm still trying to catch my breath!

ImageImage
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by imbusydoctorwho » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Fisher wrote:captain toad treasure tracker reviews is good.


Was that ever in doubt as its exactly the same game as the Wii U version.
And considering it's almost exactly the same as the Wii U version, I'm very tempted to buy it again considering I never completed it on Wii U.

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Balladeer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Oi, please don’t engage him. Not unless he engages you first. I can set him to ignore, I can’t do the same with all of you.

Sadly both ItB (strategy) and Dead Cells (anything with the word ‘rogue’ in) are both of genres I don’t get on with. To be fair, there are a lot of those...

GNamer admin.: visit your friendly neighbourhood affiliate!
Also I have a writing and music blog.
'Your lives that I spit upon are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!'
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Tafdolphin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Balladeer wrote:Oi, please don’t engage him. Not unless he engages you first. I can set him to ignore, I can’t do the same with all of you.

Sadly both ItB (strategy) and Dead Cells (anything with the word ‘rogue’ in) are both of genres I don’t get on with. To be fair, there are a lot of those...


Is this...referring to me? I guess we'll find out.

Anyway, I'd reconsider trying the two examples above as both are so good that they supersede their respective genres and become something else entirely. ItB is more a puzzle game, a mech-based chess, than a traditional strategy game, and Dead Cells is, well yes it's a roguelike, but done so well it's more like an especially addictive platformer/Metroidvania that's only enhanced by its rogue elements.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Balladeer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Fisher, Fisher! :oops:

GNamer admin.: visit your friendly neighbourhood affiliate!
Also I have a writing and music blog.
'Your lives that I spit upon are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!'
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Jezo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:36 pm

GRCade wrote:imbusydoctorwho quotes and responds to fisher

Balladeer wrote:Oi, please don't engage him.

Tafdolphin wrote:Is this...referring to me?


Peak

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Too
by Tafdolphin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Balladeer wrote:Fisher, Fisher! :oops:


No worries! Tbh, the idea of someone blocking me has become a lot more likely around here lately.

Last edited by Tafdolphin on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests