Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawafour » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Photek wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Photek wrote:PERMISSION GRANTED! :toot:

Now I haven't had an opportunity to say this for a while...

"Welcome to Club U!"

Check out this info for help and guidance on setting up and using your Nintendo Super Wii U Cube 64 Entertainment System!

The machine is one of the most popular consoles around and you'll have no trouble picking up games for it* :toot: . Join us every week for Mario Kart Monday!** :toot: .

* Not totes true.
** Ends March 2017.

MK8 ending now? :lol: :fp: ...


We should be okay to have the kartin' action until the end of April, Phote... that's when the new version launches for the Switch and - I suspect! - many GRcadians will switch over to that version. We'll see!

Photek wrote:...How much fiddling around must I do to get it online?


It's pretty straight-forward but you will need to setup a Nintendo Network ID (NNID). Read here!

Nintendo Network Identity Code (NNID)
Your NNID is your user identity when you use the console. If you own a Nintendo 3DS console then you can use the same one for your Wii U.

What is a NNID?: Link.
Guidance on creating a new NNID: Link.
Guidance on using your existing 3DS NNID with your Wii U: Link.

Connecting the Wii U to your wi-fi
The console will usually be able to connect to your wireless hub as per any other computing device. If you experience difficulty then you may need to manually change the settings. Kotaku noted some setting information that may help you - Link. If you'd prefer to use a wired ethernet connection then Nintendo supplies a branded adapter ("Wii LAN Adapter") that can be purchased - Link.

Gamepad wireless connection
The Gamepad connects wirelessly with the Wii U console. Whether you can move around your room or home without the signal being affected will depend upon the type of walls that you have in your room. If the building is modern with thin (plasterboard) walls then the signal will go right through; but if the walls are traditional (brick or stone) then the connection will be impacted.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Squinty » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:46 pm

So, I dropped my Wii U gamepad a few days ago when moving house. Set up my TV and games consoles today and I find that my gamepad screen is broken. There's a big shatter mark on the bottom corner. So annoyed right now.

Can you get these fixed?

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Errkal » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Looks like you can get the screen for 40 quid or so on eBay and follow a guide to fix it.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawafour » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:01 pm

Squinty wrote:...Can you get (a Gamepad) fixed?


Oof... that's a shame, man!

There are a few places that offer a repair facility, Squinty, but you'd need to speak to them to get an idea of the cost. As an example, this company will repair for £49.99 including postage.

User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Lime » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:45 am

Squinty wrote:So, I dropped my Wii U gamepad a few days ago when moving house. Set up my TV and games consoles today and I find that my gamepad screen is broken. There's a big shatter mark on the bottom corner. So annoyed right now.

Can you get these fixed?


I had exactly this problem, and I found a guy on e-bay to fix it. Excellent job, fast turnaround.

Give me a sec I will find the link.

This guy:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wii-U-Gamepad ... 2388645372

His name is Tom, I would totally recommend him - swapped a few e-mails after he did the job as I'll probably send my 3ds xl to him for a new thumbstick.

A little cheaper than Jawa's link too - around £43.50

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.

3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Squinty » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:29 am

Thanks guys. Whenever I get my house internet sorted I'll take a look at those. Still have a few games on the backlog that use the gamepad.

bostonbrakes
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by bostonbrakes » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:36 am

Squinty wrote:So, I dropped my Wii U gamepad a few days ago when moving house. Set up my TV and games consoles today and I find that my gamepad screen is broken. There's a big shatter mark on the bottom corner. So annoyed right now.

Can you get these fixed?


If it is any consolation you don't need the screen at all for anything in BotW.

User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by gamerforever » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:43 pm

bostonbrakes wrote:
Squinty wrote:So, I dropped my Wii U gamepad a few days ago when moving house. Set up my TV and games consoles today and I find that my gamepad screen is broken. There's a big shatter mark on the bottom corner. So annoyed right now.

Can you get these fixed?


If it is any consolation you don't need the screen at all for anything in BotW.


But you do need the gyro controls as i found out yesterday, so don't chuck it away! I would wait and pick one up for £60ish on ebay. Accessory pricing is already coming down.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawafour » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Ad7 wrote:
jawafour wrote:

Apparently all Pro Controllers have this message tucked away on the edge of the Pro Controller... "THX2ALLGAMEFANS!".

Oh, Nintendo :wub: .


Unsurprisingly the wii u pro controller doesn't have this.


Are you certain, Ad? I just had a look at my Gamepad...

Image

All this time and we didn't know :wub: .

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Hyperion » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:50 pm

So, where's the cheapest place for Breath of the Wild then?

Image Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Ad7 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:08 pm

jawafour wrote:
Ad7 wrote:
jawafour wrote:

Apparently all Pro Controllers have this message tucked away on the edge of the Pro Controller... "THX2ALLGAMEFANS!".

Oh, Nintendo :wub: .


Unsurprisingly the wii u pro controller doesn't have this.


Are you certain, Ad? I just had a look at my Gamepad...

Image

All this time and we didn't know :wub: .


:lol:

User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Qikz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:46 pm

jawafour wrote:
Ad7 wrote:
jawafour wrote:

Apparently all Pro Controllers have this message tucked away on the edge of the Pro Controller... "THX2ALLGAMEFANS!".

Oh, Nintendo :wub: .


Unsurprisingly the wii u pro controller doesn't have this.


Are you certain, Ad? I just had a look at my Gamepad...

Image

All this time and we didn't know :wub: .


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawafour » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 am

Happy MAR10 day, GRcadians :toot: .

User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by gamerforever » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:44 am

jawafour wrote:Happy MAR10 day, GRcadians :toot: .


Oh yes!

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawafour » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:48 am

gamerforever wrote:Oh yes!


It used to work best back in the Teletext days when the date was shown in classic square lettering. Modern tech developments spoiling our MAR10 day :x .

User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by gamerforever » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:12 am

jawafour wrote:
gamerforever wrote:Oh yes!


It used to work best back in the Teletext days when the date was shown in classic square lettering. Modern tech developments spoiling our MAR10 day :x .


That is very true. I just mentioned it to my colleague and he laughed. :slol:

All of us Wii U gamers should join forces. I would love to take part in a splatoon event or MK8, but have not even started the former game, so worry I won't be too good.

In other news, I invested in the high capacity battery pack for the Wii U controller and am making good use of the Wii U Pro Controller - it works wonderfully in Zelda!

I must admit I am in love with the Wii U at the moment and it is the main reason why I didn't get the switch last week.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawafour » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:28 am

gamerforever wrote:...I would love to take part in a splatoon event or MK8, but have not even started the former game, so worry I won't be too good...

Some GRcadians used to play Splatoon every Wednesday night but I think that has ceased for quite a while now. However... Mario Kart Mondays are still going strong :toot: . Why not join in with us this coming Monday? Racing starts at 21:00... check out the Mario Kart thread for the tournament code and other details. Oh, but you will need to have the DLC packs as we race on a selection of all of the available tracks. It's great fun!

gamerforever wrote:...I invested in the high capacity battery pack for the Wii U controller and am making good use of the Wii U Pro Controller - it works wonderfully in Zelda!...

That battery is cool for granting additional hours of Gamepad play time; I have one but still haven't actually installed it as I rarely play for more than an hour or so at a time :) . The Pro Controller is ace; it takes a little while to get used to the button positioning but, after that, it is very comfortable. It has a huge battery life, too, at around eighty hours!

User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by gamerforever » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:02 pm

jawafour wrote:
gamerforever wrote:...I would love to take part in a splatoon event or MK8, but have not even started the former game, so worry I won't be too good...

Some GRcadians used to play Splatoon every Wednesday night but I think that has ceased for quite a while now. However... Mario Kart Mondays are still going strong :toot: . Why not join in with us this coming Monday? Racing starts at 21:00... check out the Mario Kart thread for the tournament code and other details. Oh, but you will need to have the DLC packs as we race on a selection of all of the available tracks. It's great fun!

gamerforever wrote:...I invested in the high capacity battery pack for the Wii U controller and am making good use of the Wii U Pro Controller - it works wonderfully in Zelda!...

That battery is cool for granting additional hours of Gamepad play time; I have one but still haven't actually installed it as I rarely play for more than an hour or so at a time :) . The Pro Controller is ace; it takes a little while to get used to the button positioning but, after that, it is very comfortable. It has a huge battery life, too, at around eighty hours!


Ah the pro controller is so good on Zelda - a real must.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawafour » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:19 am

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush is £20.85 at Amazon. Recommended by GR's The Watching Artist!

User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Super Dragon 64 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:23 am

And me :toot:

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brerlappin, Cuttooth, Damian, Diceman, FatDaz, Google [Bot], Kanbei, OldSoulCyborg, romeo G. Detlev Jr., TonyDA, Trelliz and 35 guests