No Man's Sky - PC, PS4, XB

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Saint of Killers » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 am


| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Fade » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:58 am

Clearly someone at PC gamer is buddies with someone at Hello Games

All they did was (partially) fix a game that was released under developed and broken. I don't see why they should be commended for that.

Image
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Dual » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Yes you're right they should have left it broken.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Moggy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Dual wrote:Yes you're right they should have left it broken.


:lol:

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Knoyleo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:00 pm

Fade's just mad the award didn't go to Overwatch.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by jawafour » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:10 am

Fade wrote:...All they did was (partially) fix a game that was released under developed and broken. I don't see why they should be commended for that.

Fade, man, have you checked through - or, better, played - the list of updates that have been made to the game since launch? It's not really stretching things to say that the additions and enhancements have been extensive.

I can understand someone saying they don't like the game; that's fair enough. To brand the raft of changes as a "partial fix" would seem to be an odd perspective to take, though.

User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by PsychicSykes » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:31 pm

I suppose it comes down to whether you're bothered about the amount of lies that were told to sell the game in the run up to release. Taken purely from a viewpoint that looks at what they've done purely since release, sure you can argue about the improvements. When taken in context about what they said was already going to be in the game, it seems a bit silly to praise the company considering they still haven't delivered on what they'd initially talked up.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by jawafour » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:46 pm

I think it has been difficult for some of the facts to break through the memes. Post launch, the net was ablaze with folk - sometimes for justifiable reasons - expressing stuf along the lines of "Sean isn't saying anything - #takemoneyandrun lol!". Even mainstream games media news sites took that line in some cases. Yet, as I posted here at the time, a quick visit to the official NMS website showed that Hello Games posted exactly what was being worked on and also the changes that had been made to date.

Not many games have seen such extensive (free) enhancements post launch. I guess you can take the view that either these updates should have been delivered in the first place or that they're providing very good support. And no-one is going to change their opinion either way :) .

User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by PsychicSykes » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:20 pm

jawafour wrote:I think it has been difficult for some of the facts to break through the memes. Post launch, the net was ablaze with folk - sometimes for justifiable reasons - expressing stuf along the lines of "Sean isn't saying anything - #takemoneyandrun lol!". Even mainstream games media news sites took that line in some cases. Yet, as I posted here at the time, a quick visit to the official NMS website showed that Hello Games posted exactly what was being worked on and also the changes that had been made to date.

Not many games have seen such extensive (free) enhancements post launch. I guess you can take the view that either these updates should have been delivered in the first place or that they're providing very good support. And no-one is going to change their opinion either way :) .

Post launch the internet was taking that line because Hello Games were silent for roughly six weeks. I understand you like this game a lot but you don't have to lie about it.

As for post launch support, fortunately not many single-player games need this level of it in order to deliver the product promised. I don't think it's much of an opinion if you don't think companies should deliver what they promise generally.

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Karl » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:04 pm

I'd be interested to read the coverage from the alternate timeline in which Sean was honest about the state of the game in the three months up to launch, and maybe released it on an 'open beta' model.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by jawafour » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:04 am

PsychicSykes wrote:Post launch the internet was taking that line because Hello Games were silent for roughly six weeks. I understand you like this game a lot but you don't have to lie about it.

As for post launch support, fortunately not many single-player games need this level of it in order to deliver the product promised. I don't think it's much of an opinion if you don't think companies should deliver what they promise generally.

In my view, Sykes, you're out of order. I don't go around accusing GRcadians of lying and wasn't suggesting companies should go back on promises.

I was going to provide a more proactive response but... well, I've lost a bit of respect for your argument following that post and so I'll leave it at that.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Dual » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:36 am

:(

:lol:

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Saint of Killers » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:55 am


| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by jawafour » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:59 am

Saint of Killers wrote:Waking Titan ARG started again: https://wiki.gamedetectives.net/index.p ... an/Phase_4

Cool... this is likely to lead to the game being further expanded :toot: .

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Saint of Killers » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:01 am

Yup. People seem to think they're gonna go from 1.38 to 1.5. That's a heck of a jump and so lots and lots of new added content and features. Maybe.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by ITSMILNER » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:32 am

I've been meaning to get round to playing this, would it be worth holding on for the new content patch to release?

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by jawafour » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:41 am

ITSMILNER wrote:I've been meaning to get round to playing this, would it be worth holding on for the new content patch to release?

I think you'd be fine to jump in now if you wanted to, Milner. The past updates have changed the game considerably from the launch version and there is plenty to learn and do. It may be good to start getting familiar with the existing gameplay before - potentially - further enhancements arrive.

I haven't played this for some time now but it feels like a good point to return. I'm cautious about juggling games but this is way different to Fallout 3 which I'm currently focusing on.

User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by PsychicSykes » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:44 pm

jawafour wrote:
PsychicSykes wrote:Post launch the internet was taking that line because Hello Games were silent for roughly six weeks. I understand you like this game a lot but you don't have to lie about it.

As for post launch support, fortunately not many single-player games need this level of it in order to deliver the product promised. I don't think it's much of an opinion if you don't think companies should deliver what they promise generally.

In my view, Sykes, you're out of order. I don't go around accusing GRcadians of lying and wasn't suggesting companies should go back on promises.

I was going to provide a more proactive response but... well, I've lost a bit of respect for your argument following that post and so I'll leave it at that.

I took issue with your comment about what you regarded as false reporting of Hello Games and their radio silence because it's easily proven false.
Image
You agreed with Mafro mentioning the lies by the devs and the radio silence at the time.
jawafour wrote:
Mafro wrote:I don't really care what people think about it. Fact is that they removed a bunch of features from the game that they had previously shown off, some of which Sean Murray lied about still being in the game. The fact they've stayed silent for about two months now doesn't make them look good at all. I got bored of the game after a week or so and got rid...


That's fair enough, Mafro, and I don't disagree with your thinking.


Image

However, in searching for that above post I'm given the impression that these broken promises by Hello Games, their retreat from the public following the release and anything that might be regarded as negative doesn't actually matter to you since the game seems to hits the perfect sweet spot for your tastes. I disagree, but since neither of us is likely to change our minds it's probably best we leave it there. Enjoy the game.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Death's Head » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Still can't decide whether to get this. Currently £10 in my local Tesco. Decisions, decisions....

Yes?
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: No Man's Sky - Patch 1.38 overhauls save system, along with other improvements and fixes
by Ad7 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:21 pm

Definitely worth £10.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frank, Met, Preezy, souljahsstory, Superfurryfox64 and 53 guests