Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Looks like a reskinned Origins as opposed to a whole new, made from scratch game

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Pedz » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:49 pm

Wait you prefer 3? THREE? to the previous games?

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Jordan UK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Jordan UK » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Pedz wrote:Wait you prefer 3? THREE? to the previous games?


Yep. Mind you, I played it first on a PC which made it buttery smooth. I liked it a lot eventhough it was a slow burner.

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Trelliz » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Jordan UK wrote:
Pedz wrote:Wait you prefer 3? THREE? to the previous games?


Yep. Mind you, I played it first on a PC which made it buttery smooth. I liked it a lot eventhough it was a slow burner.



Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Pedz » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:15 pm

3 is probably the one I like least.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Yubel » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:38 pm

I remember Brotherhood's multiplayer seeming cool at first but ultimately it was just dull as dishwater. It had some neat ideas though, so I'm wondering how many people still think about it and/or reckon it might be a good idea for Ubisoft to take another crack.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Alvin Flummux » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:21 am

I would really rather not, TBH.

Maybe some kind of AC Animus/Mirror's Edge/Trackmania hybrid free running racing game?

One day, I know we'll meet again, under the Iron Sky...
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Trelliz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Finally started AC Origins last night as I'd like to not get behind on the series and its pretty good so far, although someone in the menu UI team clearly played a LOT of Destiny in their spare time.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Monkey Man » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:54 am


Image
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by BOR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 am

It sounds like a spin off - Black Flag.

Hmm...

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Tafdolphin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:45 am

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/assassins-c ... ots-leaked

Screenshots have leaked.

Image

Image

Image

Loks almost exactly the same as Origins, almost like a reskin.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Photek » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:29 am

It really does look like a reskin.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Hime » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:37 am

It's a shame this isn't an add on for Origins, after Far Cry 5 they could really lose the bit of good will AC gave them.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Saint of Killers » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:59 am

Tafdolphin wrote:Loks almost exactly the same as Origins, almost like a reskin.


My thoughts exactly.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Looks like a reskinned Origins as opposed to a whole new, made from scratch game
by Saint of Killers » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:01 am

I guess that explains the quick turnaround in release, too.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Hime » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Loks almost exactly the same as Origins, almost like a reskin.


My thoughts exactly.

Aren't all same gen sequels a reskin to some degree?

Origins is still one of the best looking games around so it's not a bad thing from that point of view, my problem is that the narrative and dialogue will be absolute garbage again.

Image
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Looks like a reskinned Origins as opposed to a whole new, made from scratch game
by Parksey » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:27 am

It's a weird one. Even when the games were annual, they were still different enough to avoid being called a reskin. Black Flag was spun off from 3's naval combat but had its own identity. Unity took it back to a big singular city and Syndicate was hardly a carbon copy of that game. The all had a slightly different interface, control scheme or whatever.

This one looks exactly like Origins. Unlike the other annual entries, which were developed concurrently and by different teams, I wouldn't be surprised if they've just rapidly knocked this out after Origins got a lot of plaudits. They couldn't resist the money involved in going back to annual release, clearly.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Next AC confirmed to be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Will officially debut at E3 '18
by Saint of Killers » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:40 am

Hime wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Loks almost exactly the same as Origins, almost like a reskin.


My thoughts exactly.

Aren't all same gen sequels a reskin to some degree?

Origins is still one of the best looking games around so it's not a bad thing from that point of view, my problem is that the narrative and dialogue will be absolute garbage again.


Just to be clear, I'm not saying it's completely a bad thing that it's a reskin. I really enjoyed Origins and so it sharing many of its mechanics (if that happens to be the case) will mean that I am more quickly able to get into it and enjoy myself, but that familiarity could also turn into a negative, as it did with me with the latest Far Cry.

Parksey wrote:It's a weird one. Even when the games were annual, they were still different enough to avoid being called a reskin. Black Flag was spun off from 3's naval combat but had its own identity. Unity took it back to a big singular city and Syndicate was hardly a carbon copy of that game. The all had a slightly different interface, control scheme or whatever.

This one looks exactly like Origins. Unlike the other annual entries, which were developed concurrently and by different teams, I wouldn't be surprised if they've just rapidly knocked this out after Origins got a lot of plaudits. They couldn't resist the money involved in going back to annual release, clearly.


I think Parksey's nailed it with that.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Looks like a reskinned Origins as opposed to a whole new, made from scratch game
by BOR » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:54 am

Surely it is not Origins DLC?

The Ancient Greek looks good but I think I’ll wait for more details. I was hoping a saga story with Bayek but this seems like a spin off such as Freedom Cry.

Not a bad thing though.

Last edited by BOR on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Looks like a reskinned Origins as opposed to a whole new, made from scratch game
by Saint of Killers » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:56 am

Calling it now: stand alone expansion costing £30.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Looks like a reskinned Origins as opposed to a whole new, made from scratch game
by Pedz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:57 am

Black Flag a spin-off? or do you mean Freedom Cry?

I ask, as Black Flag was AC4 and also linked with 3 and Rouge.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kerr9000, Monkey Man, souljahsstory and 35 guests