BioShock: The Collection - Available now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Photek » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:22 pm

:lol:
I think if anyone sort of writes off a game after playing a couple of hours it's gonna garner several replies.

Funny how you never got bored of posting about No Mans Sky and that's pure garbage! ;)
Blue Eyes wrote:Jack Wheelchair is crippled again. Poor guy just can't catch a break. Except in his leg.
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Wedgie » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:25 pm

Probably because the DLC is shorter and your mind knows it?

Give it a wee break. I made the same mistake before, playing straight on to a sequel soon after I finish the game (Resident Evil, Uncharted, Bioshock, Dead Space, etc.)
Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Fade » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:So unless someone says something compelling enough to warrant a reply, I'll leave it at that.

You smell like farts.
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:Probably because the DLC is shorter and your mind knows it?

Give it a wee break. I made the same mistake before, playing straight on to a sequel soon after I finish the game (Resident Evil, Uncharted, Bioshock, Dead Space, etc.)


See, I almost never do that, because I know I won't enjoy playing another 20+ hours of a similar game. With BioShock I *wanted* more.

Fade wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:So unless someone says something compelling enough to warrant a reply, I'll leave it at that.

You smell like farts.


:( Especially when I fart.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
andythevillan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Birmingham

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by andythevillan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:25 pm

It's a real shame the sound quality is so poor in this new version of BIoshock. Haven't checked out the sequels yet but it's like all the sound is compressed like a bad mp3 file.Considering the sounds of Rapture are so distinct this is a major downer. Don't hold much hope of a patch either
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Fade » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:32 pm

It's the sound mixing, not the quality for me.

There was a big daddy walking through a tunnel across from me (the ocean inbetween us) and it sounded like he was right next to me. So so bad.

Blows my mind how they released it in that state, for something that's been in development for so long. They better patch it.
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:16 pm

:!:

There were parts in the first game where I'd hear splicers talking but no one was there. There's also a bit in 2 where upon approaching a ladies bathroom you hear someone crying in it, but again there was no one there. BD sounds seemed fine to me, as does the general quality of music, etc but then I'm no audiophile, and I didn't play much of the first game on its original release, either.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Photek » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:52 pm

I had a major sounds glitch in Burial at Sea 1, a Whale sound was over powering EVERYTHING, couldn't hear anything other than the whale, it was bizarre.
Blue Eyes wrote:Jack Wheelchair is crippled again. Poor guy just can't catch a break. Except in his leg.
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Wedgie » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:55 pm

Also Bioshock is the first and only game that I noticed that the subtitles is out of sync. :lol:
Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Brerlappin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Saint of Killers wrote::!:

There were parts in the first game where I'd hear splicers talking but no one was there. There's also a bit in 2 where upon approaching a ladies bathroom you hear someone crying in it, but again there was no one there. BD sounds seemed fine to me, as does the general quality of music, etc but then I'm no audiophile, and I didn't play much of the first game on its original release, either.


Final straw for me was hearing two splicers whistling the same tune at the same time, nowhere near me but it sounded like they where whistling straight into my ears. On top of all the other sounds going off, security cameras, turrets, BD's, its awful. Its just a horrible overload of sounds and you can barely hear audio diaries. Ive shitcanned it until its fixed, which will probably ne never.

Also I had a dream I used a plasmid to make myself Asian last night, but it just made me look like I had downs syndrome :lol: kinda like in that cloud atlas movie where they had white people playing Asians, and they all straight up looked like downs people
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Photek » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Brer, you're mental.
Blue Eyes wrote:Jack Wheelchair is crippled again. Poor guy just can't catch a break. Except in his leg.
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Albear » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Apparently the PC version suffers from an issue where all sound is in Stereo as default, and you have to change a .Ini file to fix it.
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Godzilla » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Finished Bioshock 2 last night. Combat was better than part 1 but overall it's just more of the same. The big Go Here Arrow gets annoying after a while. The splicers were excellent and I liked the little sister baby sitting bits though.

Onto Infinite. Not sure what to expect as I never finished it back on release and don't remember much about it.
Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:44 pm

You can switch the directional arrow off in gameplay options.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Jenuall » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:28 am

Yeah that arrow is always the first thing I turn off in Bioshock. The game already pretty much tells you exactly what you need to do at all times, being told precisely where to go as well removes what little challenge there is left!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Saint of Killers » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:31 am

Question regarding BioShock 2:

In Minerva's Den I can harvest Little Sisters from the get go, after beating the BD. I was also able to return her to a vent of my choosing. Are these mechanics available in the main game? They weren't with the first LS, is it different with sisters which come after her?
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Saint of Killers » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Wahl putting a temporary stop to Σ in my game...



He crashed the game :P :x

Finished Minerva's Den. Really enjoyed it.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
tolrag
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by tolrag » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:05 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Question regarding BioShock 2:

In Minerva's Den I can harvest Little Sisters from the get go, after beating the BD. I was also able to return her to a vent of my choosing. Are these mechanics available in the main game? They weren't with the first LS, is it different with sisters which come after her?



The only gather you have to do is the very first one in Ryan amusements. After that you can just harvest/rescue as soon as you defeat the big daddy by going to any vent.

You lose out on a the bulk of the Adam this way (100/120 per sister) but if you aren't doing the gathers you don't need it, as the upgraded plasmids focus on crowd control.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Saint of Killers » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:32 pm

tolrag wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Question regarding BioShock 2:

In Minerva's Den I can harvest Little Sisters from the get go, after beating the BD. I was also able to return her to a vent of my choosing. Are these mechanics available in the main game? They weren't with the first LS, is it different with sisters which come after her?



The only gather you have to do is the very first one in Ryan amusements. After that you can just harvest/rescue as soon as you defeat the big daddy by going to any vent.

You lose out on a the bulk of the Adam this way (100/120 per sister) but if you aren't doing the gathers you don't need it, as the upgraded plasmids focus on crowd control.


:toot: Will now definitely return to BS2, but only once I am done with XCOM 2 and Mafia III.
Ta for the confirmation, Tolrag.

Started on Burial at Sea. I knew where it took place but I was still blown away when stepping through the door at the start :lol: :wub:
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: BioShock: The Collection - Available now
by Photek » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Did you ever finish infinite? If not I wouldn't recommend Burial at Sea.
Blue Eyes wrote:Jack Wheelchair is crippled again. Poor guy just can't catch a break. Except in his leg.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, chanticleer, Crimson, D_C, Frank, gamerforever, Green Gecko, ignition, Jam-Master Jay, Jazzem, Karl, Met, more heat than light, OldSoulCyborg, Photek, Preezy, Qikz, Squinty, Trelliz, Yahoo [Bot] and 41 guests