(PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Ad7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Cheers

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Rightey » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 pm

Humble Bundle is going down hill, they don't seem to ever have beat the average to get x, now it's just fixed tiers.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:04 pm

Rightey wrote:Humble Bundle is going down hill, they don't seem to ever have beat the average to get x, now it's just fixed tiers.

The monthly subscription is very good this month, just picked up The Long Dark, Quantum Break (which is the one I wanted) and Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 3 (not played Warhammer 1 - 39,999 previously, do I need to play those first?) for $10.80. Redeemed in Steam and then cancelled immediately so I don't forget. Interested to see how Quantum Break runs on my PC as someone in the Xbox One X topic complained how badly it ran on his i7.

Yes?
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by KjGarly » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:52 am

Death's Head wrote:
Rightey wrote:Humble Bundle is going down hill, they don't seem to ever have beat the average to get x, now it's just fixed tiers.

The monthly subscription is very good this month, just picked up The Long Dark, Quantum Break (which is the one I wanted) and Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 3 (not played Warhammer 1 - 39,999 previously, do I need to play those first?) for $10.80. Redeemed in Steam and then cancelled immediately so I don't forget. Interested to see how Quantum Break runs on my PC as someone in the Xbox One X topic complained how badly it ran on his i7.


Fuckkkkkkksake. Just paid £15 for Quantum Break alone think it was through Steam so could possible get it refunded as I've only played about 10 mins of it..

Runs fine on mine btw except for when I tell Steam it doesn't :shifty:

Image Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:07 am

KjGarly wrote:
Death's Head wrote:
Rightey wrote:Humble Bundle is going down hill, they don't seem to ever have beat the average to get x, now it's just fixed tiers.

The monthly subscription is very good this month, just picked up The Long Dark, Quantum Break (which is the one I wanted) and Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 3 (not played Warhammer 1 - 39,999 previously, do I need to play those first?) for $10.80. Redeemed in Steam and then cancelled immediately so I don't forget. Interested to see how Quantum Break runs on my PC as someone in the Xbox One X topic complained how badly it ran on his i7.


Fuckkkkkkksake. Just paid £15 for Quantum Break alone think it was through Steam so could possible get it refunded as I've only played about 10 mins of it..

Runs fine on mine btw except for when I tell Steam it doesn't :shifty:
You probably have a better PC than me. From the quick test I did last night I get mid to high 30s on Ultra so I'm ok with that.

Yes?
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: RE: Re: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by KjGarly » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:58 am

Death's Head wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
Death's Head wrote:
Rightey wrote:Humble Bundle is going down hill, they don't seem to ever have beat the average to get x, now it's just fixed tiers.

The monthly subscription is very good this month, just picked up The Long Dark, Quantum Break (which is the one I wanted) and Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 3 (not played Warhammer 1 - 39,999 previously, do I need to play those first?) for $10.80. Redeemed in Steam and then cancelled immediately so I don't forget. Interested to see how Quantum Break runs on my PC as someone in the Xbox One X topic complained how badly it ran on his i7.


Fuckkkkkkksake. Just paid £15 for Quantum Break alone think it was through Steam so could possible get it refunded as I've only played about 10 mins of it..

Runs fine on mine btw except for when I tell Steam it doesn't :shifty:
You probably have a better PC than me. From the quick test I did last night I get mid to high 30s on Ultra so I'm ok with that.


Got the refund and bought the monthly bundle, even gave The Long Dark a go which has been OK so far. Remember with QB to leave the downsamplling (I think its that option) on as the game was designed with that in mind and with it off it immediately half's my framerate to 30 @ 1080p :x

Image Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Hah. I'll check later and probably find it is on so I can expect 15fps with it off!

Yes?
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:50 am

Death's Head wrote:Hah. I'll check later and probably find it is on so I can expect 15fps with it off!
Wasn't quite as bad as I expected, dropped from mid to high 30s to mid 20s with the setting off. Leaving it on and starting back on Ultra, I've settled on just switching the lighting down one setting which improved frame rate from mid 30s to mid 50s. Interesting playing with the settings as most of them can be left on Ultra with no performance impact.

Yes?
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Tafdolphin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:30 pm

RPS now have an incredibly annoying adblock popup whenever you visit. This follows on from the multiple "This Grandma found the secret of eternal life!" adverts plastered at the bottom of every article, and the interstitial ads that ruin the site on mobile.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with them selling out to The Gamer Network earlier this year. I mean, John "Contrary" Walker said so.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Jazzem » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Upgraded my GTX 960 to a 1070 :toot: Setup wasn't too difficult either

...well, except that I spent 10-15 minutes panicking because I thought I'd need an eight pin PCI lead to connect from my PSU, only to realise I could use my six + two split one together <_<

User avatar
$ilva $hadow
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by $ilva $hadow » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:32 pm

What rig you got Brer?

Also how does Demons souls run on RPCS3? I've got an 1800x that I'm itching to try out :D

User avatar
False
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by False » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 am

Thats awesome. Might finally get a chance to play Demons Souls. Tried on the PS3 when it came out but it was so visually offensive I couldnt handle it.

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Ad7 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:08 am

I found demons to be pretty easy, but I felt it had the best locations and atmosphere so it's my favourite (only played demon, dark and dark 2)

User avatar
False
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by False » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:10 am

The aliasing was what I struggled with. Everything was this jaggy non-distinct mess. Hurt to look at. Supersampling should hopefully aid that.

Image
User avatar
$ilva $hadow
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by $ilva $hadow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 am

Was playing Rainbow Six Siege just the other night with Kil. Goddamn it's good. I hate that everything is locked away, but it's not essential stuff to unlock at all. I'm enjoying it way more than that piece of gooseberry fool Counter Strike Go.

Also playing some Killing Floor 2 with Kil and some other folks, it's even better than at launch.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Qikz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:02 pm

$ilva $hadow wrote:Was playing Rainbow Six Siege just the other night with Kil. Goddamn it's good. I hate that everything is locked away, but it's not essential stuff to unlock at all. I'm enjoying it way more than that piece of gooseberry fool Counter Strike Go.

Also playing some Killing Floor 2 with Kil and some other folks, it's even better than at launch.


Killing Floor 2 is about 300x better than it was at launch.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
$ilva $hadow
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by $ilva $hadow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Qikzen wrote:
$ilva $hadow wrote:Was playing Rainbow Six Siege just the other night with Kil. Goddamn it's good. I hate that everything is locked away, but it's not essential stuff to unlock at all. I'm enjoying it way more than that piece of gooseberry fool Counter Strike Go.

Also playing some Killing Floor 2 with Kil and some other folks, it's even better than at launch.


Killing Floor 2 is about 300x better than it was at launch.


It really is. They strawberry floated up during early access with trying to do so much and promising things that were not done to schedule, but the complete package at that price point with no strawberry floating gambling, AND it's on those sub24fps 900p machines as well.


I think Kil mentioned he's installing Chivalry over night xD I can't wait to hammer away at the 'agathaaaaaaa' button while kicking ass.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Mafro » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:10 pm

No Mac version of Killing Floor 2 (._.')

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Lagamorph » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Mafrozen wrote:No Mac version of Killing Floor 2 (._.')

Get a real computer.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Mafro__
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Mafro__ » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Lastpostamorph wrote:
Mafrozen wrote:No Mac version of Killing Floor 2 (._.')

Get a real computer.

Get some new patter.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, chanticleer, Chocolate-Milk, DarkRula, Dowbocop, Frank, Hime, IAmTheSaladMan, jawafour, jiggles, Mafro, Met, OldSoulCyborg, Rubix, Trelliz, Xeno and 59 guests