(PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Lagamorph » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:54 am

I got to the start of Sector 3 once somehow.
Need to try and do a good enough run to get 10,000 credits to upgrade to the gunboat ship.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Zartan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Zartan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:11 am

I kickstarted Everspace, and played it quite a bit at launch. Not sure if they have changed it since them. But I had to take it down to easy until I got a few unlocks, the game is brutal without them

Like I say I have not played in ages, but I am tempted to buy the DLC and give it another play through

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:19 am

It's pretty harsh and as someone said it's basically first-person FTL.

Not spent too long with it but I might play some tonight or tomorrow.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Rightey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Lagamorph wrote:I got to the start of Sector 3 once somehow.
Need to try and do a good enough run to get 10,000 credits to upgrade to the gunboat ship.


The heavy fighter is a bit crap as it has no shield. So while it is a lot stronger you're constantly needing to find nanobots.

Zartan wrote:Like I say I have not played in ages, but I am tempted to buy the DLC and give it another play through


I got the expansion when I bought the base game but only installed the expansion after a few days of playing. I think it's worth the money, the addition of an extra ship and a few new weapons alone wouldn't be worth it but the addition of side quests helps to break up the monotony of constantly being on the run and adds some variety.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Ad7 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:32 pm

I played about 5 mins and had some constant micro stutters despite it being constantly over 60fps on my gtx1070 and with a gsync monitor

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Lagamorph » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Rightey wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:I got to the start of Sector 3 once somehow.
Need to try and do a good enough run to get 10,000 credits to upgrade to the gunboat ship.


The heavy fighter is a bit crap as it has no shield. So while it is a lot stronger you're constantly needing to find nanobots.

Yeah I've just found that out :dread:

I wonder if you can get the blueprints for a shield to put into one of the device slots though, or even loot one and equip it.
On my last run with the Interceptor I was lucky enough to get a Shield 2 drop.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Rightey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:43 pm

Ad7 wrote:I played about 5 mins and had some constant micro stutters despite it being constantly over 60fps on my gtx1070 and with a gsync monitor


That sucks, could it be a driver issue? I have a 1060 with no problems what so ever.

Lagamorph wrote:
Rightey wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:I got to the start of Sector 3 once somehow.
Need to try and do a good enough run to get 10,000 credits to upgrade to the gunboat ship.


The heavy fighter is a bit crap as it has no shield. So while it is a lot stronger you're constantly needing to find nanobots.

Yeah I've just found that out :dread:

I wonder if you can get the blueprints for a shield to put into one of the device slots though, or even loot one and equip it.
On my last run with the Interceptor I was lucky enough to get a Shield 2 drop.


Invest in the credit bonus perk, it really helps. I die a lot before I even reach sector 3 but always make 10,000 credits.

Also, the heavy fighter does have a shield, but it's one of those that you have to actually activate. I'm not sure if you can actually mount a proper shield on it.

I once again made it to sector 4 and...

Ran into some kind of alien structure, I came out and got attacked my some kind of circle thing, which I finally managed to kill, and upon dieing it exploded and sucked me into a black hole. :| :x

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Ad7 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:13 pm

stuttering has stopped.

Getting nowhere fast but i'm enjoying it and it looks pretty :datass:

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Lagamorph » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:20 pm

We could probably justify an Everspace thread at this point.
Rightey should make it since it's his fault we're all even playing it in the first place.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Ad7 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:50 pm

Do it :capnscotty:

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Rightey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:21 pm


Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
SugarDave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by SugarDave » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:52 am

Resident Evil 7 (Standard Edition) - £5.99 @ CD Keys

Has anybody here played Wolfenstein 2 with a GTX 970, and what kind of settings did you run it with if so? Thinking about picking it up but a lot of the steam reviews aren't exactly glowing in regards to its optimisation.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by KjGarly » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:28 am

SugarDave wrote:Resident Evil 7 (Standard Edition) - £5.99 @ CD Keys

Has anybody here played Wolfenstein 2 with a GTX 970, and what kind of settings did you run it with if so? Thinking about picking it up but a lot of the steam reviews aren't exactly glowing in regards to its optimisation.


Played it with a 1060 6GB on max settings/1080p and the only time it dropped frames was during the New York level.

Image Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Brerlappin » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:40 pm

SugarDave wrote:Resident Evil 7 (Standard Edition) - £5.99 @ CD Keys

Has anybody here played Wolfenstein 2 with a GTX 970, and what kind of settings did you run it with if so? Thinking about picking it up but a lot of the steam reviews aren't exactly glowing in regards to its optimisation.


I have a 970 and played it 1080p ultra settings and don't think I had any frame drops at all

User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by zXe » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Wolfenstein 2 is a very demanding game, much more so than Resi 7 or Doom - the later being an ID Tech 6 Engine game. That said some tinkering with the video settings (there's a lot of them) you should be able to get a good 60fps 1080p, but no chance maxing out everything.

User avatar
SugarDave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by SugarDave » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:57 pm

I'll probably go ahead and pick it up then, I don't mind having to drop a handful of settings if need be. Cheers, guys.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:48 pm

My son is going to build a PC during his summer holiday so we went to a computer fair today. It was strawberry floating gooseberry fool, selling 2nd hand PCs and laptops, some new badly over priced PCs and also over priced components. The icing on the gooseberry fool flavoured cake was that it cost £5 to get in.

Back in the 80s I would travel to London for these kind of things and as the internet was not invented, this was the place to get bargains. No idea what idiot now buys stuff from PC fairs.

Anyway, via Amazon my son has a CPU and 16GB RAM from CEX. Waiting to see if any bargains appear on Prime day as need case, motherboard, power and hard drives.

Anyone got any suggestions for reputable places I might not have tried with the best prices?

Yes?
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Meep » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Amazon is usually the cheapest for most things, especially if you can get free delivery.

I don't know if the fare you went to was necessarily that bad. PC building in 2018 is crazy expensive no matter way you do. I bought a GPU two years ago that is still the same price new today and memory is still sky high, although it has come down slightly recently.

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Dowbocop » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:27 pm

For a hard drive you could see if anyone has an old set top box lying around and teach him about salvaging perfectly good components from intentionally borked consumer hardware. I have two hard drives in my computer, one's from a Sky box and the other's from a Virgin one!

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Dowbocop wrote:For a hard drive you could see if anyone has an old set top box lying around and teach him about salvaging perfectly good components from intentionally borked consumer hardware. I have two hard drives in my computer, one's from a Sky box and the other's from a Virgin one!
We've got some old hard drives (actually he is using them in his current PC which is something like 10 years old!). We don't have any SSDs or 3TB mechanical 7200rpm drives lying around which are going to go in his build. He is going to salvage the DVD drive from his current PC. I wanted to get a Blu-ray drive for him but they seem a bit expensive as you don't seem to be able to get read only versions.

Graphics will be coming from my old 750ti he is using in his current PC.

Yes?

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Frank, fry87, Google [Bot], Jazzem, Miguel007, Moz, OrangeRakoon, Parksey, Pedz, Peter Crisp, Photek, Qikz, Tafdolphin and 47 guests