(PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:06 pm

Bought very little in the sale, Left for Dead bundle and Half Life 2 for me and Left for Dead 2 for my son. For some annoying reason you can't buy the Left for Dead bundle as a gift.

Yes?
User avatar
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Sleighamorph » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:08 pm

All I've picked up is the first Deus Ex.
Might grab Hitman as well.

Plenty of my Wish List is on sale but not to impulse purchase point.

God I miss Flash Sales.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Same here, my 3 wish list items are on sale but the cheapest is about £9. I want to pay less than £5.

Yes?
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by smurphy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:35 am

For anyone buying stuff in the Steam sale, if you spend over £20 and use Paypal you can get £5 off. Linky

I've got Firewatch and Darkest Dungeon in my basket so far. Wondering what else to get...

Edit: It says I've already used it. strawberry floating bullshit. :x

User avatar
SugarDave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by SugarDave » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:15 am

So far, SOMA is the only thing I want to buy before the sale is over.

Are you able to buy the Humble Monthly bundle after the mystery games have been revealed, or do they only unlock once the next month has already begun?

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:58 am

Definitely interested in Steam World Heist at that price.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:47 am

Alvin Flummux wrote:Definitely interested in Steam World Heist at that price.

It was in a bundle for $1 earlier this year. We will have to make sure humble bundles etc are posted to this topic so no one misses out.

Yes?
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Trelliz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:18 am

Death's Head wrote:Same here, my 3 wish list items are on sale but the cheapest is about £9. I want to pay less than £5.


Where did this arbitrary £5 limit come from? The sales are what they are with no flash sales, but on the other hand at least we have basic consumer rights now. Is the extra £4 really beyond the pale?

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:26 am

Trelliz wrote:
Death's Head wrote:Same here, my 3 wish list items are on sale but the cheapest is about £9. I want to pay less than £5.


Where did this arbitrary £5 limit come from? The sales are what they are with no flash sales, but on the other hand at least we have basic consumer rights now. Is the extra £4 really beyond the pale?

I don't want to spend masses on games and will wait until the games hit the price I want to pay. The three games I want are 9, 10 and 11. I don't want to pay £30 for 3 games that can't be traded once I've completed them.

Yes?
User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Winckle » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:43 am

I really don't get the console player fascination with pawning their games after they're done with.

User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by jiggles » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:47 am

Winckle wrote:I really don't get the console player fascination with pawning their games after they're done with.


I... don't think you know what pawning means.

Streaming: YouTube Gaming | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Rax » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:53 am

Brerlappin wrote:
Winckle wrote:I really don't get the console player fascination with pawning their games after they're done with.


With the extortionate prices for console games these days, its about the only way to not go strawberry floating broke. I just stopped buying console games altogether. Ill only buy them now when theyre 2nd hand and even at that, it takes strawberry floatin ages for their prices to go down to a reasonable level.

But yeah steam sale, ive got my eye on a few things, mostly cheap ass indies. I do miss the flash and dailies tho. Steam sales have been a real non-event ever since they were removed

Theres no excitement with them anymore, no reason to check back every day (unless you want to collect pictures of things), nothing to drive you to click buy as quick as you can cos its a flash sale and you might miss it. They did release stats though to show that theres more money made without the flash deals though so it looks like this way of doing it is here to stay. :(

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Winckle » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:53 am

jiggles wrote:
Winckle wrote:I really don't get the console player fascination with pawning their games after they're done with.


I... don't think you know what pawning means.

Exaggeration for effect.

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Trelliz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:54 am

Brerlappin wrote: I do miss the flash and dailies tho. Steam sales have been a real non-event ever since they were removed


It did mean better deals, but having to check steam at least 3 times per 24 hours was a bit of a chore. Also I think getting basic consumer rights to refunds etc was a worthy trade-off.

Rax wrote:Theres no excitement with them anymore, no reason to check back every day (unless you want to collect pictures of things), nothing to drive you to click buy as quick as you can cos its a flash sale and you might miss it. They did release stats though to show that theres more money made without the flash deals though so it looks like this way of doing it is here to stay. :(


Artificial scarcity is never done for your benefit; Valve are not your friends.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Rax » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:31 am

Oh I know that, I still miss seeing the flash sales though, something about them made me happy.

User avatar
Hans Bubby
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Hans Bubby » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:36 am

So, just so I'm on the same page what's on sale now is it basically? Nothing new will be added cheaper at any point today?

Image Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Lotus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:49 am

74 games from my wishlist are on sale. :dread:

Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Trelliz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:52 am

KjGarly wrote:So, just so I'm on the same page what's on sale now is it basically? Nothing new will be added cheaper at any point today?


Indeed.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
As Fat as Santa
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by As Fat as Santa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:54 am

I was disappointed with the price on Resi 7, it's been cheaper than the steam sale price for a while on CDkeys at £21.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: (PCGT V) PC gaming is dead, press F to pay respects
by Death's Head » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:01 am

Pedz wrote:I was disappointed with the price on Resi 7, it's been cheaper than the steam sale price for a while on CDkeys at £21.

Cheaper on Instant Gaming, currently £19.09 and seems to drop a few pence each day. Think I'll bite when it gets below £15.

Yes?

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Caroller, GrinWithoutaKat, Inga from Sweden, Krik Kringle, OrangeReindeer, Rudolphin, Starquake, TonyDA, Yoshimi and 59 guests