PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by Poser » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Poser wrote:my wife is out


jawafour wrote:I'm gonna be out tonight!



:|
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:31 pm

Poser wrote: :|

...what with wasps, job seeking and Sniper Elite III, I don't have time to get into away games, dude :lol: :toot: .
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by sawyerpip » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Poser wrote:
Poser wrote:my wife is out


jawafour wrote:I'm gonna be out tonight!



:|


:lol:

I might be around for a game or two later, I will send you an invite if so, I think I already have you on my friends list.
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by dmin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Should be on later, probably close to 10
Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by Poser » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:17 pm

Roundly beaten by sawyerpip this evening. He's good!

The first half of that first game was crazy. I don't think i recovered mentally from that awful own goal :lol:

Well played though.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:28 pm

Poser wrote:Roundly beaten by sawyerpip this evening. He's good!...

sawyer is indeed a bit of a player! He has the ability to get his players to close you down so quickly.

Poser wrote:...The first half of that first game was crazy. I don't think i recovered mentally from that awful own goal :lol: ...

I hadn't scored an own goal in PES for ages... and then I did two in a couple of minutes against sawyer :lol: .

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing both of you guys at some point :toot: .
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by Poser » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:19 am

jawafour wrote:I hadn't scored an own goal in PES for ages... and then I did two in a couple of minutes against sawyer :lol: .

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing both of you guys at some point :toot: .


Yeah, it'll be cool.

Just to elaborate on that own goal a bit... I'd taken the lead twice in the first half, and Sawyerpip had pegged me back both times. I was feeling confident and playing with a bit of a swagger, though he was admittedly creating a few good chances, and hit the woodwork at one point.

Then something weird happened with the triangle button :shifty: I was bringing Petr Cech out to collect a ball just inside the 18 yard box, and for some reason I tapped triangle again just as he received it. He turned round and gracefully slid the ball into his own net. :fp:

I failed to recover and went on to lose 6-2 :slol: I was getting absolutely ragdolled by Lukaku.

SP won the next two games, as well, (they were both 2-0 IIRC) even though he very graciously picked worse teams (Liverpool vs B'mouth and Newcastle vs Cardiff).


Take home message: I need to git gud.
Image
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by sawyerpip » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:25 am

My matches against GRcade folk attract own goals for some reason, there was one in the second game too, although that one was a bit more unavoidable I think. The first own goal was hilarious :lol: Even tapping triangle mistakenly there's no way the keeper should be doing that.

Good games though. Like you say the first half of the first game was crazy, goals galore. If I remember right your first goal was particularly good, a chip over the defence that I wasn't expecting at all.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by Poser » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:40 am

sawyerpip wrote:My matches against GRcade folk attract own goals for some reason, there was one in the second game too, although that one was a bit more unavoidable I think. The first own goal was hilarious :lol: Even tapping triangle mistakenly there's no way the keeper should be doing that.

Good games though. Like you say the first half of the first game was crazy, goals galore. If I remember right your first goal was particularly good, a chip over the defence that I wasn't expecting at all.


Cheers, I enjoyed it a lot. It's nice to be challenged and I really don't mind losing to someone who isn't just spamming Madrid or Barca. You've set me a new benchmark :datass:

Can I ask, what button combo are you pressing to cross? Your crossing was amazing and I was really struggling to defend it.

I'm sure that back in the day, you could press circle one, two or three times, for decreasing height and increasing power respectively. Nowadays a double press seems to just thump it really low - but you seem to have the head/chest-height crosses nailed.

(You're going to tell me you just press circle now... :slol: )
Image
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by sawyerpip » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Poser wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:My matches against GRcade folk attract own goals for some reason, there was one in the second game too, although that one was a bit more unavoidable I think. The first own goal was hilarious :lol: Even tapping triangle mistakenly there's no way the keeper should be doing that.

Good games though. Like you say the first half of the first game was crazy, goals galore. If I remember right your first goal was particularly good, a chip over the defence that I wasn't expecting at all.


Cheers, I enjoyed it a lot. It's nice to be challenged and I really don't mind losing to someone who isn't just spamming Madrid or Barca. You've set me a new benchmark :datass:

Can I ask, what button combo are you pressing to cross? Your crossing was amazing and I was really struggling to defend it.

I'm sure that back in the day, you could press circle one, two or three times, for decreasing height and increasing power respectively. Nowadays a double press seems to just thump it really low - but you seem to have the head/chest-height crosses nailed.

(You're going to tell me you just press circle now... :slol: )


Yeah in the older games you could pick near post, far post or along the ground depending on your number of taps. Now it's just double tap for along the ground.

I do only press circle generally :lol: Lower power will be the near post and higher power will be the far post. One thing I do use fairly regularly is early crosses, if you hold L1 and press circle you can cross the ball without having to be in the normal 'crossing area' next to the box. This comes in handy when counterattacking and you want to put an early cross in for the striker to meet while he's running.

What settings does everyone use for passing and shooting, assisted or manual? I feel like you would need to be on manual to get really good at the game, but I've never made the switch from assisted. I'm considering trying it out now, I guess I'll just need to be prepared for weeks of stray passes and blazing over the bar while I get used to it :lol:
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by dmin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:56 am

Cheers for the games Poser!

That second game when you were Everton, you were unlucky not to score, just managed to get my defenders in for the rebounds.

Btw, I've yet to score a free kick in game, so was a bit miffed with the effort that hit the crossbar. Thought it was in! :lol:

Oh Sawyerpip - I use assisted. Tried it briefly with manual but shots were going everywhere. Imagine it'd take a bit of time to master.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Tue May 02, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm in Online Division 8 at the mo' and I'm trying out Nice. But... so many people are just using Barca and Real :fp: . With Messi and Ronaldo, it sometimes feels like it's a case of "Press Square to score" :lol: . Took a couple of pastings but I've just scraped into the "stay in Division 8" section so I live to fight another season.

Dat work-rate and attitude 8-) .
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by Poser » Tue May 02, 2017 8:40 pm

After a couple of great games with dmin, I've had to just squeeze in games where i can. But I adore this game. Best football game I've played, no question. It does almost everything superbly well.

And jawa... Yes. The Madrid spammers are everywhere. I've lost so many goals to a Bale cross/Ronaldo header.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Thu May 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Completed another Online Divisions (8) season and I scraped through to stay up. I used Nice for every game and, after the previous season being constant Barca and Real, faced a variety of teams this time around.

I took a couple of 4-0 drubbings and lost most of the others by a goal lor two, but three wins kept me up. I finally played well in one game and went 4-1 up against Barca and the other guy rage-quit :fp: :lol: . I don't get that... I have never deliberately quit a game even if I was getting a pasting!
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by Poser » Thu May 04, 2017 5:05 pm

I conceded 8 goals once and saw it through to the end. :lol:
Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by KingK » Thu May 04, 2017 10:23 pm

Played 4 games vs COM last night and loved the uniqueness of the games. Balls ricocheting off players, deflections, defenders clearing off the heads of attempted diving headers and a range of differing goals.

Scored a worldy with Ibra for My Club with a side bicycle kick from almost by the byline which went over the keeper in the blink of an eye. Best goal I've ever scored I think.

Just dipped into the transfer market. Not quite following everything but got lucky on today's world superstars list and got a black ball revealing James Rodriguez. Chuffed with that.
Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by Poser » Fri May 05, 2017 8:13 am

Had the worst 2-2 draw yesterday. I was Arsenal, vs Madrid, and he was terrible. I should have been five goals up at half time, but it was 1-1.

He started fouling me all over the place and I can't believe he was getting away with some of those challenges - he went through my full back on the edge of his box, and I scored from the free kick, but hadn't realised my fullback had been injured and left the park. Straight from the kick off he pinged it to Bale, in acres of space, who crossed for Ronaldo, 2-2.

The sort of rage that only PES can produce. :evil:



(Of course, the real anger was at myself: my finishing has to improve. I should have put that game out of sight.)
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Fri May 05, 2017 9:28 am

KingK wrote:...Just dipped into the transfer market. Not quite following everything but got lucky on today's world superstars list and got a black ball revealing James Rodriguez. Chuffed with that.

Good to hear that you're enjoying the game, KingK - I'll look out for you online! I haven't really tried the MyClub playing mode but it looks pretty cool.

Poser wrote:...(Of course, the real anger was at myself: my finishing has to improve. I should have put that game out of sight.)

It's difficult though, Poser. Real and Barca players have such good stats that even if a poor player is using them they can still be hard to beat. I find that they tend to win a lot of 50-50 challenges and their speed enables a quick catch-up on players in weaker teams. Failing that, even if you play them off the park their keeper can still make a string of outstanding saves.

I'm sticking with choosing slightly weaker teams such as Nice and Lazio. Of course, really good players can play well with any team but I'm not good enough to drop down to, say, a Championship team!
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by Poser » Fri May 05, 2017 9:44 am

jawafour wrote:their keeper can still make a string of outstanding saves.

I'm sticking with choosing slightly weaker teams such as Nice and Lazio. Of course, really good players can play well with any team but I'm not good enough to drop down to, say, a Championship team!


Yeah, their keeper was just being outrageous :lol:

I quite like Lyon, but might have a look at those two you've mentioned. I also noticed one of the fastest players in the game plays for Brentford, but I doubt the rest of the team's stats would make up for that, sadly.

One thing I have noticed is the difference a proper, all-conquering centre forward really makes. Playing as Arsenal, as good as Sanchez is, he's not great in the air. Lacazette at Lyon, or Ibrahimovic at Man Utd, are incredible, though.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option Fil
by jawafour » Fri May 05, 2017 9:51 am

Poser wrote:...Playing as Arsenal, as good as Sanchez is, he's not great in the air. Lacazette at Lyon, or Ibrahimovic at Man Utd, are incredible, though.

When playing against Man Utd I have lost loads of goals to Ibra... his physical stats must be similar to the Hulk or something - he wins every battle!

I like Lazio but I think (thanks to swayerpip's guidance!) that their current team fitness level is D so they always have a lot of injured players. I'm enjoying using Nice (Ballotelli up front and and Dante in defence) even though my latest sequence of results suggests otherwise :lol: .

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], KjGarly, mcjihge2, NickSCFC, Rich, Shug5891, Trelliz, Xeno, Yahoo [Bot] and 31 guests