PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe option file
by Poser » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:19 am



I bit at that price. Daft not to.

Not played it yet, mind, but would be very interested in some online games. Jawa - maybe we'll finally get that game played :lol:

Image
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by dmin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:01 pm

Been playing this quite a bit, so up for some online games too.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by jawafour » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:31 pm

So... Pro Evo. My addiction had waned and I'd barely played it over the past eighteen months.

But now I'm back in. I was so rusty at first and took a couple of heavy defeats, but I kept plugging away. It all came to this...

Real Madrid v Saint Etienne / Saturday 14 April 2017 / Online Division 9

Madrid roared into the lead with just twenty minutes of the match remaining. Saint Etienne were going to have to do something special. They were gonna need jawa-power!



Toot-toot-toot :toot: .

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by The Watching Artist » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:16 am

:lol:

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by jawafour » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm easing my way back into Online Divisions; I've just got promoted to Division 8 and I'm ranked 46,517 in the world :toot: .

My play record is won 9, drawn 10 and lost 19.

sawyerpip wrote:...


But... GRcade's sawyerpip is in Division 4 and ranked 2,732 in the world :o . Bravo, dude :toot: . Pip's record is won 97, drawn 26 and lost 50.

User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by shadow202 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Wow this just shows how gooseberry fool PES is now. If you were ranked they in fifa you'd be nowhere near that high of a rank

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by jawafour » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:02 pm

shadow202 wrote:Wow this just shows how gooseberry fool PES is now...

Nobody is interested in starting off another PES v FIFA argument, shadow. If you enjoy FIFA then that's great... but please don't come and dump in the PES thread.

User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: RE: Re: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by shadow202 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:02 pm

jawafour wrote:
shadow202 wrote:Wow this just shows how gooseberry fool PES is now...

Nobody is interested in starting off another PES v FIFA argument, shadow. If you enjoy FIFA then that's great... but please don't come and dump in the PES thread.

Sorry, I guess.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: RE: Re: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by NickSCFC » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:27 pm

shadow202 wrote:
jawafour wrote:
shadow202 wrote:Wow this just shows how gooseberry fool PES is now...

Nobody is interested in starting off another PES v FIFA argument, shadow. If you enjoy FIFA then that's great... but please don't come and dump in the PES thread.

Sorry, I guess.


Do you want me to go all Metacritic on your ass like I do with Photek?

Edit: They both have 85%, think that's the first time they've been the same :?

Image Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by Poser » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:51 am

jawafour wrote:So... Pro Evo. My addiction had waned and I'd barely played it over the past eighteen months.

But now I'm back in. I was so rusty at first and took a couple of heavy defeats, but I kept plugging away. It all came to this...

Real Madrid v Saint Etienne / Saturday 14 April 2017 / Online Division 9

Toot-toot-toot :toot: .


Awesome stuff, jf.

I've hesitated over the online divisions for a couple of reasons: I don't have much time to play - basically a cheeky game here and there - so how does that work? do you have to arrange times to play against people?

Also, do you just end up playing Barca and Madrid every single game, like you do in the matchmaking? It does get a bit wearying.

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by Poser » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:52 am

shadow202 wrote:Wow this just shows how gooseberry fool PES is now.


:fp:

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by jawafour » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:08 am

Poser wrote:...I've hesitated over the online divisions for a couple of reasons: I don't have much time to play - basically a cheeky game here and there - so how does that work? do you have to arrange times to play against people?

Also, do you just end up playing Barca and Madrid every single game, like you do in the matchmaking? It does get a bit wearying.


It's funny how folk tend to stick to their favourite modes in PES... I only play Online Divisions, barely ever touching MyClub or Master League!

Online Divisins is great fun, Poser, and ideal for quick matches. In summary...

> You start off in Division 12 and each season has ten matches
> You select a team before each match; so you can change every game if you want to
> You are then assigned an opponent at random (with skill parameters in terms of either being random or to someone within two divisions of yourself)
> You play the game and then gain points for a win or a draw depending on what team you selected and what team the other player chose...
> ...for example, if you won as Barca v Hull then you may only get 100 points; but if you won as Hull v Barca then you may get 500 points
> Depending on what Division you are in, there are different point targets for promotion, staying up and relegation

It's brilliant fun and, as you can save after each game, you can play for as long or short a time as you want. You just carry on from that point the next time you load up.

In terms of opponents... yeah, most people choose the better teams. You see a lot of Barca, Real Madrid and Chelsea but it's not too bad; in previous years it was often Madrid non-stop but it varies more now. I prefer to choose slightly lower teams; recently I have been playing as Boca Juniors, Saint Etienne and Lazio. It makes the draws and wins that much more satisfying!

I'd suggest it is definitely worth giving it a go, dude.

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by Poser » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:21 am

jawafour wrote:I'd suggest it is definitely worth giving it a go, dude.


Perfect, cheers mate. I had visions of me holding the league up because I was never available to play. I'll definitely start playing that now.I also like the idea of incentivising playing with weaker teams. (Though I am currently preferring Arsenal, which perhaps doesn't count.)

I'll do a bit of research: I like a team with pace so will have a look to see which of the lesser ranked teams have got some amazing wingers.


If I ever happen to see you online whilst I'm playing I'll definitely send you an invite for a match, though. :D

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by Poser » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:25 am

Follow-on question: I have been struggling to upload the option files. I think I've followed the instructions carefully, but I just get a 'cannot load data' message. Very frustrating as this was one of the features of this game I was looking forward to using.

Has anyone else had trouble? I'm doing it from a usb stick that otherwise works perfectly.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by jawafour » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 am

Poser wrote:...If I ever happen to see you online whilst I'm playing I'll definitely send you an invite for a match, though. :D

Yeah, that'd be cool, Poser.

I played PES a lot in 2012 through 2015, but barely played last year. I'm just easing back into it and that old level of addiction is coming back :toot: .

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by jawafour » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:38 am

Poser wrote:Folwlow-on question: I have been struggling to upload the option files... Has anyone else had trouble? I'm doing it from a usb stick that otherwise works perfectly.

I did the full kit / badge / manager updates for PES 2016 but haven't tried it for PES 2017.

PES Universe have a good reputation for the quality of their option files. I am gonna give it a go later.

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by Poser » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:47 am

jawafour wrote:
Poser wrote:Folwlow-on question: I have been struggling to upload the option files... Has anyone else had trouble? I'm doing it from a usb stick that otherwise works perfectly.

I did the full kit / badge / manager updates for PES 2016 but haven't tried it for PES 2017.

PES Universe have a good reputation for the quality of their option files. I am gonna give it a go later.


Cheers - I'd tried one from elsewhere but will give that one a go instead. MIght even follow a video while I do it for the avoidance of doubt.

Image
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by dmin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:54 am

Poser wrote:Follow-on question: I have been struggling to upload the option files. I think I've followed the instructions carefully, but I just get a 'cannot load data' message. Very frustrating as this was one of the features of this game I was looking forward to using.

Has anyone else had trouble? I'm doing it from a usb stick that otherwise works perfectly.

Didn't have any trouble with the option file; I used this - http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/pes-2017-option-file. Had to change the odd name that was misspelt but other than that it works great.

As for online divisions, I seem to have issues with my connection when playing against randoms; its usually really laggy and drops out. However, my Internet for everything else is fine and I've had games in pes with friends without probs (just the odd minor bit of lag) . Pretty feckin annoying. Im blaming the game; anyone else have issues?

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by jawafour » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:08 am

dmin wrote:...As for online divisions, I seem to have issues with my connection when playing against randoms; its usually really laggy and drops out. However, my Internet for everything else is fine and I've had games in pes with friends without probs (just the odd minor bit of lag) . Pretty feckin annoying. Im blaming the game; anyone else have issues?

I've been okay with it, dmin. Occasionally I will play against someone who has a dodgy connection that lags, but rarely in recent plays. If the other player's connection drops out then you are awarded a 3-0 victory. Back on PS3 there were some players who managed the line so that it failed (I think they used a PC for this) and sometimes it meant that they would gain the automatic win rather than you, but I haven't experienced this on PS4.

User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PES 2017 - £7.99 on PS Store
by dmin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:38 pm

jawafour wrote:
I've been okay with it, dmin. Occasionally I will play against someone who has a dodgy connection that lags, but rarely in recent plays. If the other player's connection drops out then you are awarded a 3-0 victory. Back on PS3 there were some players who managed the line so that it failed (I think they used a PC for this) and sometimes it meant that they would gain the automatic win rather than you, but I haven't experienced this on PS4.

Only other thing I could think of, was maybe due to the times I go on to play. It's usually quite late, so get paired with peeps further afield.

Just have to make do with master league at the mo; first world problems!

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buffalo, Denster, Duke Washington, evanswolves, Mafro, NickSCFC, That's not a growth and 69 guests