PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by KingK » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Played out the most turgid 0-0 against the CPU last night in My Club. Soo much effort running and closing down but no chances for either team really.

Sounds like a lower league game.

#RealityFootball

Image
Oblomov Boblomov on 4 Nov 2017 wrote:We're losing 4-1 and Forest are winning 4-0. Someone pass me the strawberry floating wine.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:49 pm

dmin wrote:...Nice goal, BTW! Must see if can post some my own goals up.

Thanks, dmin! Yeah, post your top goals, man... it sounds like we could have a GRcade Goal of the Month competition :toot: .

KingK wrote:Played out the most turgid 0-0 against the CPU last night in My Club...

Haha! Sometimes a 0-0 can still be an end-to-end match... but it doesn't sound like that one was, KingK :lol: . Do you play Online Divisions mode at all?

User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by KingK » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:22 pm

Nope. I play Divisions Sim occasionally.

Image
Oblomov Boblomov on 4 Nov 2017 wrote:We're losing 4-1 and Forest are winning 4-0. Someone pass me the strawberry floating wine.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by Poser » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Think I've just been lag cheated. 4-1 up against madrid, with Stoke, and the connection started to break up on 83 minutes. Then it went down altogether.

I thought it was my connection but I just tested and I think it's ok.

Image
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by dmin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:37 am

Possible. Though I tried having 3 online games tonight and the connection was awful.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:44 am

Poser wrote:Think I've just been lag cheated...
dmin wrote:Possible. Though I tried having 3 online games tonight and the connection was awful.

Thankfully I've not had any problems with the connection quality recently. I do know what you mean about players who lag the line, though; the match can become unplayable and, if it is stopped, quite often your own "fair play" rating will reduce which is very annoying.

I played a few games yesterday and I ran into a Madrid/ Barca-fest. Man, there are literally hundreds of teams available :fp: . It's tough as, even if the player isn't that good at PES, they win most 50/50 balls and strength battles through their player stats. I narrowly lost a few and, needing a win in my last game of fthe season to gain promotion to Division 6, lost 1-0 to Barca with their goalie being awarded Man of the Match :x . But, hey, I then bounced back in the new season to win 3-0 against a guy who was just spamming through balls to Ronaldo. Felt good 8-) .

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by Poser » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:54 am

I'm losing my rag a bit with it, tbh. I was 4-0 up at half time the other day and the match mysteriously ended during the break.

I challenged the guy and he denied it, accusing me of 'doing something to the game'.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:01 am

Poser wrote:I'm losing my rag a bit with it, tbh. I was 4-0 up at half time the other day and the match mysteriously ended during the break...

It sounds like you've been a bit unlucky in bumping into a few of those people in a short time, Poser. Did the games end with the "line quality has worsened" message or in an automatic 3-0 victory for you?

Keep the faith, dude. Hopefully you've had your fair share for now! I hope to be online for some games during this afternoon.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:18 pm

So, I was into a new season in Online Division 7 and I took Lazio on a five-match unbeaten run. I was totally "Yeah, man... check me out!"... and just now I was pretty easily beaten by a guy using Hull :fp: :lol: .

I don't know how he did it, but his players were everywhere; always first to the bell and winning all of the physical battles. It ended up in a 2-0 defeat but I don't really mind losing to an opponent of that standard. Just gotta hold your hands up and acknowledge the play!

I didn't play PES 2017 much at release but I'm really enjoying it now.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:22 pm

I completed my next Online Division 7 season... and *again* I've missed out on promotion but just a few points :x . With two games left I needed a single victory to go up. In my penultimate game I was cruising against Dortmund, being 2-0 and then 3-2 up... before they equalised with the last kick of the game. They had three shots on target and scored three! Facing Barca in my final game, the guy was really good and he beat me 3-1. A bit gutted :( .

But, hey, that's football. On to the next season!

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:34 pm

dmin wrote:...

Hey, dude, sorry that i didn't see your invite message. My PS4 was on with PES running, but I got caught on the phone and so didn't see the message until I just returned to the dashboard. Hopefully we'll get to have a game soon!

I started a new season in Online Division 7 and I'm still sticking with Lazio. I had a rough start, drawing 0-0 and then losing 2-0 to Real, before finally getting my scoring boots on and hammering Dortmund 5-1. I'm starting to realise that I should use R2 more when shooting...

User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by sawyerpip » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Needed 1,178 points from my final two games to avoid relegation from Division 5. Managed to secure safety playing as Norwich with a hard fought 2-1 win over France and 3-2 win over Dortmund. Norwich are surprisingly decent to play with, their defence is quite solid and with Lafferty, Naismith and Jerome you have some good options up front.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:41 pm

sawyerpip wrote:Needed 1,178 points from my final two games to avoid relegation from Division 5. Managed to secure safety playing as Norwich with a hard fought 2-1 win over France and 3-2 win over Dortmund...

Nice play, pip - to survive at that level using Norwich needs a lot of skill! I've noticed you online but playing other games (I forget, now - was it Dark Souls III?) rather than PES. If I notice you online again I'll pop over a PES invite :) .

User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by sawyerpip » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am

jawafour wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:Needed 1,178 points from my final two games to avoid relegation from Division 5. Managed to secure safety playing as Norwich with a hard fought 2-1 win over France and 3-2 win over Dortmund...

Nice play, pip - to survive at that level using Norwich needs a lot of skill! I've noticed you online but playing other games (I forget, now - was it Dark Souls III?) rather than PES. If I notice you online again I'll pop over a PES invite :) .


Yep I've been playing Dark Souls 3 a lot recently, but I often come back to PES when I get stuck on a boss :lol:

User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by dmin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:14 pm

jawafour wrote:
dmin wrote:...

Hey, dude, sorry that i didn't see your invite message. My PS4 was on with PES running, but I got caught on the phone and so didn't see the message until I just returned to the dashboard. Hopefully we'll get to have a game soon!

I started a new season in Online Division 7 and I'm still sticking with Lazio. I had a rough start, drawing 0-0 and then losing 2-0 to Real, before finally getting my scoring boots on and hammering Dortmund 5-1. I'm starting to realise that I should use R2 more when shooting...

No probs, I'll keep an eye out for you :)

Last few times I've tried online my connection has been crap and keeps disconnecting. I dunno why, it had been working OK and I don't have probs with any other games online. Thought it was maybe just the pes network. Annoying whatever it is!

I rarely use r2 when shooting, as it takes all the pace out of the shot and the keeper usually saves easily. Though it is handy when cutting across goal to bend into the corner.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:24 pm

dmin wrote:No probs, I'll keep an eye out for you :) ...

Yeah, it'd be good to have a few games!

dmin wrote:...I rarely use r2 when shooting, as it takes all the pace out of the shot and the keeper usually saves easily. Though it is handy when cutting across goal to bend into the corner.

I'm kinda getting used to it. I did score a decent goal into the far corner when using it, but I've also done some silly soft shots, too!

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:33 pm

Dang it! DANG IT!

In my past two Online Divisions games I have lost both unfairly! As Lazio against France I lost 1-0 (they had one shot on target and their keeper was MOTM) and then as Lazio against Madrid I lost 2-1 (they had two shots on target and their keeper was MOTM).

Dang it!

I need to git gud.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Relegated to Online Division 8. I'd been bouncing around in Division 7 - and occassionally in 6 - for ages :( .

I swear there must have been some kind of "bad luck" switch turned on. After the two ridiculous losses described above, I played Real Madrid three times on the bounce and lost all three. I needed two victories from my final two games to stay up. It started well... I defeated Barca 2-1. I just had to win against Inter in the final match.

I lost 4-3 and am now a bit p*ssed off :fp: :oops: .

User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by dmin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Unlucky!

If you're on a bad run its worthwhile going defensive til about 60mins, then bring subs on and go offensive. Can really turn the game!

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2017 - Download the PES Universe Option File
by jawafour » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 pm

dmin wrote:Unlucky!

If you're on a bad run its worthwhile going defensive til about 60mins, then bring subs on and go offensive. Can really turn the game!

Ah... I'll have to try that - cheers, dmin! It's weird as I was on a great run and then dipped into an awful run. Just gonna have to keep plugging away!


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Finish.Last, mic, Peter Crisp, Red 5 stella, smurphy and 37 guests