Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Ad7 wrote:Rattling around :lol: I've got about a fiver in change in my pocket that I only remember is there when it goes everywhere at the end of the day when I'm rolling my trousers up to go in my paniers.


It rattled less and is easier to forget if it’s put away tidily in a wallet. It’s also easy to empty out when you get home.

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Advent7 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:29 pm

I'm only carrying change these days due to having collections sprung on what seem like a weekly basis at work for charity, birthday etc. Otherwise I don't use cash any more.

Paying for beers on a card :datass: Thank God contactless didn't exist back when I used to go clubbing, id have emptied my bank account.

Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Hyperion » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:Keeping coins in a wallet :dread:
I strawberry floating hate change


I think this is all some sort of wind up. Unless you literally throw away any change you get, how is it better to have coins loose in your pocket than putting them tidily away in a wallet?

It's not a purse


Who said it was?

Most wallets have a compartment for coins. And it’s far better and tidier to use that, than to exit a shop with all of your change rattling around in your pocket.


If it's in your pocket you can quickly get rid of it rather than holding on to it


Not if I’m on my way to work for the day.


If you're on your way to work you shouldn't have coins on you

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:Keeping coins in a wallet :dread:
I strawberry floating hate change


I think this is all some sort of wind up. Unless you literally throw away any change you get, how is it better to have coins loose in your pocket than putting them tidily away in a wallet?

It's not a purse


Who said it was?

Most wallets have a compartment for coins. And it’s far better and tidier to use that, than to exit a shop with all of your change rattling around in your pocket.


If it's in your pocket you can quickly get rid of it rather than holding on to it


Not if I’m on my way to work for the day.


If you're on your way to work you shouldn't have coins on you


What? Do shops not give out change first thing in the morning? :lol:

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Just put all your money in bitcoin - it's digital so there's no change to carry around.

Also anything you put into it now will be worth less than 1p within such a short space of time that you'll never have to worry about coins again!

ImageImage
User avatar
RichardYuleK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by RichardYuleK » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:10 pm

I always carry coins and notes, I have no problem with carrying coins

Image

Image

the last image is a bit of joke, I don’t normally carry that much cash

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Hyperion » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:Keeping coins in a wallet :dread:
I strawberry floating hate change


I think this is all some sort of wind up. Unless you literally throw away any change you get, how is it better to have coins loose in your pocket than putting them tidily away in a wallet?

It's not a purse


Who said it was?

Most wallets have a compartment for coins. And it’s far better and tidier to use that, than to exit a shop with all of your change rattling around in your pocket.


If it's in your pocket you can quickly get rid of it rather than holding on to it


Not if I’m on my way to work for the day.


If you're on your way to work you shouldn't have coins on you


What? Do shops not give out change first thing in the morning? :lol:


Well I thought you were implying that you were going straight to work, and have no chance to get rid of change. If you go to a shop you clearly do :lol:

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:Keeping coins in a wallet :dread:
I strawberry floating hate change


I think this is all some sort of wind up. Unless you literally throw away any change you get, how is it better to have coins loose in your pocket than putting them tidily away in a wallet?

It's not a purse


Who said it was?

Most wallets have a compartment for coins. And it’s far better and tidier to use that, than to exit a shop with all of your change rattling around in your pocket.


If it's in your pocket you can quickly get rid of it rather than holding on to it


Not if I’m on my way to work for the day.


If you're on your way to work you shouldn't have coins on you


What? Do shops not give out change first thing in the morning? :lol:


Well I thought you were implying that you were going straight to work, and have no chance to get rid of change. If you go to a shop you clearly do :lol:


strawberry floating hell. :fp:

As per the posts in this chain, if I pop into the shop in the morning and buy something, I may well end up getting some change. That change will then go into my wallet. That is easier, tidier and less annoying than shoving it into my pocket. I will not spend that change in the shop as buying things that I don’t want/need is even more strawberry floating stupid than caring about having a few coins in my wallet. Although that would be positively sensible compared to people that seem to care that OTHER people have coins in their wallets. :lol:

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:25 pm

People who go to shops in the morning. :fp:

Ugh, the perfectly reasonable things that other people do is just so fundamentally strawberry floating upsetting to me. :dread:

ImageImage
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Hyperion » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:Keeping coins in a wallet :dread:
I strawberry floating hate change


I think this is all some sort of wind up. Unless you literally throw away any change you get, how is it better to have coins loose in your pocket than putting them tidily away in a wallet?

It's not a purse


Who said it was?

Most wallets have a compartment for coins. And it’s far better and tidier to use that, than to exit a shop with all of your change rattling around in your pocket.


If it's in your pocket you can quickly get rid of it rather than holding on to it


Not if I’m on my way to work for the day.


If you're on your way to work you shouldn't have coins on you


What? Do shops not give out change first thing in the morning? :lol:


Well I thought you were implying that you were going straight to work, and have no chance to get rid of change. If you go to a shop you clearly do :lol:


strawberry floating hell. :fp:

As per the posts in this chain, if I pop into the shop in the morning and buy something, I may well end up getting some change. That change will then go into my wallet. That is easier, tidier and less annoying than shoving it into my pocket. I will not spend that change in the shop as buying things that I don’t want/need is even more strawberry floating stupid than caring about having a few coins in my wallet. Although that would be positively sensible compared to people that seem to care that OTHER people have coins in their wallets. :lol:


Give it to a homeless person, put it in a charity box. Don't be so strawberry floating selfish

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:Keeping coins in a wallet :dread:
I strawberry floating hate change


I think this is all some sort of wind up. Unless you literally throw away any change you get, how is it better to have coins loose in your pocket than putting them tidily away in a wallet?

It's not a purse


Who said it was?

Most wallets have a compartment for coins. And it’s far better and tidier to use that, than to exit a shop with all of your change rattling around in your pocket.


If it's in your pocket you can quickly get rid of it rather than holding on to it


Not if I’m on my way to work for the day.


If you're on your way to work you shouldn't have coins on you


What? Do shops not give out change first thing in the morning? :lol:


Well I thought you were implying that you were going straight to work, and have no chance to get rid of change. If you go to a shop you clearly do :lol:


strawberry floating hell. :fp:

As per the posts in this chain, if I pop into the shop in the morning and buy something, I may well end up getting some change. That change will then go into my wallet. That is easier, tidier and less annoying than shoving it into my pocket. I will not spend that change in the shop as buying things that I don’t want/need is even more strawberry floating stupid than caring about having a few coins in my wallet. Although that would be positively sensible compared to people that seem to care that OTHER people have coins in their wallets. :lol:


Give it to a homeless person, put it in a charity box. Don't be so strawberry floating selfish


I think I’ll just keep it in my wallet.

User avatar
False
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by False » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Old men carry coins in their purse

Image
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Bunch of pretentious old men playing at putting coins in their wallets. But the world left wallets behind long ago. Pockets are the future!

ImageImage
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:38 pm

False wrote:Old men carry coins in their purse


I am an old man.

User avatar
Vermi-Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Vermi-Claus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:40 pm

The only time i'm not carrying loose change is when i've spent it all.

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Karl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:45 pm

Jenuall wrote:Bunch of pretentious old men playing at putting coins in their wallets. But the world left wallets behind long ago. Pockets are the future!

Let their wallets bulge, let the coins jingle around as they walk. In the end, they'll beg us for pockets.

User avatar
Vermi-Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Vermi-Claus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:48 pm

But why have loose coins in pockets when they can be kept safely in a wallet in the pocket?

User avatar
Garth of Christmas Future
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Garth of Christmas Future » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:48 pm

My wallet mostly stays at home nowadays, I usually just put a card in my pocket and maybe some change if I think I'm really going to need any. I don't like having a lot of keys or keyrings in my pocket either, I limit it to just 2 keys on a little flat keyring.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:50 pm

Vermilion wrote:But why have loose coins in pockets when they can be kept safely in a wallet in the pocket?


Because something something old men and purses?

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Hyperion » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Vermilion wrote:But why have loose coins in pockets when they can be kept safely in a wallet in the pocket?

You should keep the wallet in a wallet for extra safety

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it

Return to “Stuff”