Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Yulehide » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Our christmas tree (well, one of them) last year was free because it had lost a branch and couldn't be sold, the guy selling them (at IKEA) just gave it away to get rid of it.

Looked perfectly fine once the tinsel and lights were on it.

Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Green Gecko » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Nice find.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Dual » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:48 pm

We get a real tree. Better for the environment.

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Green Gecko » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Can't tell if dual post.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Vermi-Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Vermi-Claus » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Stool Bloke has a small real tree by his hedge, haven't seen any decorations on it yet though, all i saw this morning was him walking out to his car in nothing but a pair or shorts during heavy rain and gales.

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Advent7 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Vermilion wrote:Stool Bloke has a small real tree by his hedge, haven't seen any decorations on it yet though, all i saw this morning was him walking out to his car in nothing but a pair or shorts during heavy rain and gales.


Pics in the neighbour thread please

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Vermilion wrote:Stool Bloke has a small real tree by his hedge, haven't seen any decorations on it yet though, all i saw this morning was him walking out to his car in nothing but a pair or shorts during heavy rain and gales.


You know the rules, your posts don’t count unless you have pics.

User avatar
Vermi-Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Vermi-Claus » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:57 pm

Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:Stool Bloke has a small real tree by his hedge, haven't seen any decorations on it yet though, all i saw this morning was him walking out to his car in nothing but a pair or shorts during heavy rain and gales.


You know the rules, your posts don’t count unless you have pics.


He went in before i could get the camera. :(

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:59 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:Stool Bloke has a small real tree by his hedge, haven't seen any decorations on it yet though, all i saw this morning was him walking out to his car in nothing but a pair or shorts during heavy rain and gales.


You know the rules, your posts don’t count unless you have pics.


He went in before i could get the camera. :(


Image

User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Bunni » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:32 am

I’m almost with Richard on this, but £600 is a lot.

I have a candy cane tree decoration bought from Tiffany in New York. It was £50ish. But, that’s a lifetime investment. I’ll pass it on to someone special eventually. It’s tradition to buy a new ornament for the tree every anniversary and this was our 5th so quite special. I’ll probably drop some ostentatious amount on this years decoration since it’s our first Christmas as husband and wife.

Recently bought: Dropped about 4 days wage in Waitrose on the finest Christmas foods and booze. But I chucked some advent calendars into the food bank for the less fortunate.

User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by kerr9000 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:07 am

My last few trees have come from charity shops, I'm not very christmassy and quiet honestly I'd sooner spend on other things

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000_blog on Instagram. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 etc
User avatar
Garth of Christmas Future
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Garth of Christmas Future » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:27 am

Staying at my sister's new place for a week over Christmas so I'm not sure if we'll bother with a tree at home this year.

User avatar
Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:46 am

Bunni wrote:I’m almost with Richard on this, but £600 is a lot.

I have a candy cane tree decoration bought from Tiffany in New York. It was £50ish. But, that’s a lifetime investment. I’ll pass it on to someone special eventually. It’s tradition to buy a new ornament for the tree every anniversary and this was our 5th so quite special. I’ll probably drop some ostentatious amount on this years decoration since it’s our first Christmas as husband and wife.

Recently bought: Dropped about 4 days wage in Waitrose on the finest Christmas foods and booze. But I chucked some advent calendars into the food bank for the less fortunate.


Not even close.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Rocsteady » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:48 am

Was there a missing 0?

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:53 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
Bunni wrote:I’m almost with Richard on this, but £600 is a lot.

I have a candy cane tree decoration bought from Tiffany in New York. It was £50ish. But, that’s a lifetime investment. I’ll pass it on to someone special eventually. It’s tradition to buy a new ornament for the tree every anniversary and this was our 5th so quite special. I’ll probably drop some ostentatious amount on this years decoration since it’s our first Christmas as husband and wife.

Recently bought: Dropped about 4 days wage in Waitrose on the finest Christmas foods and booze. But I chucked some advent calendars into the food bank for the less fortunate.


Not even close.


:lol:

£50 on something that will last a lifetime and be passed down after you die.

V

£600 on something that you plan to replace in 7 years.

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Green Gecko » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:50 am

I fail to see how an artificial tree lasts just 7 years.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:52 am

Green Gecko wrote:I fail to see how an artificial tree lasts just 7 years.


I still fail to see why he needs a new vacuum cleaner every 2 weeks.

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Rudolphin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:52 am

Green Gecko wrote:I fail to see how an artificial tree lasts just 7 years.


Style

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Dual » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:53 am

Green Gecko wrote:Can't tell if dual post.


It was a real dual post

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Green Gecko » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:01 am

If it's sustainable forestry, yeah, and cos microplastic and stuffs. But the logistics of cutting trees every year is kind of silly.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dab, Garth of Christmas Future, Godzilla, Google [Bot], Jerusalime, Met, Outrunner, Sleighamorph, The Watching Artist, Tineash, TV Dinner, Wedgie and 71 guests