Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Karl wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Bunch of pretentious old men playing at putting coins in their wallets. But the world left wallets behind long ago. Pockets are the future!

Let their wallets bulge, let the coins jingle around as they walk. In the end, they'll beg us for pockets.


:lol:

The one that really confuses me is people who have those phone case wallets where your cards and notes slide into slots on your phone case. Hey - here’s all my valuable and important possessions all in one handy package!

ImageImage
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by OrangeReindeer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:52 pm

My girlfriend keeps cards in her phone case, which is also magnetic.

Her train tickets never work in the turnstiles for some strange reason.

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Green Gecko » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:32 pm

How is this discussion still happening
Jenuall wrote:
Karl wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Bunch of pretentious old men playing at putting coins in their wallets. But the world left wallets behind long ago. Pockets are the future!

Let their wallets bulge, let the coins jingle around as they walk. In the end, they'll beg us for pockets.


:lol:

The one that really confuses me is people who have those phone case wallets where your cards and notes slide into slots on your phone case. Hey - here’s all my valuable and important possessions all in one handy package!

I'll tell you what's worse, recently some shopping channel or blog or whatever was promoting a scarf for women with a pocket that you put all your gooseberry fool in, that way you'll never lose it. Hmmmm

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
RichardYuleK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by RichardYuleK » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:54 pm

I use one of the folio cases but I just keep my secret bank account in it (my partner does not know about it)

Image

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Green Gecko » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:05 pm

What your secret Lloyds bank account? I hope your partner doesn't read GRcade! (protip, they will eventually)

I thought having a separate account for stuff was/is somewhat seen as dishonest, but to be fair, breakups can really strawberry float over everything, my family lost a lot due to that (one parent even illegally closing a joint account without a co-signed statement, presumably because he was male and therefore has absolute authority on such matters)... I'm not married but I think the norm now is increasingly each partner has a wages account and a joint checking account. So much for "what's mine is yours".

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Advent7 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:14 pm

RichardUK wrote:I use one of the folio cases but I just keep my secret bank account in it (my partner does not know about it)

Image


Worst 'I have two phones' post

Image
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Bunni wrote:My purse is Kate Spade. I got it second hand to see if I’d actually use the bloody thing before investing in a decent one. That was about three years ago. I’ll update eventually since I’ve now got in the habit of using it every day, but it’s not a priority. I’d probably spend a good amount on one, maybe another Kate Spade in the sale as the cheaper ones I’ve had before just get worn out quickly.

Today (and the last two days) I bought is huge pile of Korean skincare. About £100 worth, but to buy them online at home would come to about 4 times that much. But they gave me like, 15 face masks and handfuls of samples and a mirror for free too.

Cool I wanna get some Korean skin care products for men. Heard they are the best for skincare products.

User avatar
Snowballday
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Snowballday » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:14 pm

[dailymotion][/dailymotion]
OrangeRakoon wrote:My girlfriend keeps cards in her phone case, which is also magnetic.

Her train tickets never work in the turnstiles for some strange reason.


The black strip on the back of a train ticket is magnetic, keep them away from magnets and they should work fine in the turnstiles.

Image
Image
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by OrangeReindeer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:16 pm

Tsunade wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:My girlfriend keeps cards in her phone case, which is also magnetic.

Her train tickets never work in the turnstiles for some strange reason.


The black strip on the back of a train ticket is magnetic, keep them away from magnets and they should work fine in the turnstiles.


Yeah, sorry, that was sarcasm :lol: I tell her every time

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Advent7 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:32 pm

I bet she keeps the phone in her back pocket too :dread:

Image
User avatar
RichardYuleK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by RichardYuleK » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:34 pm

Green Gecko wrote:What your secret Lloyds bank account? I hope your partner doesn't read GRcade! (protip, they will eventually)


He will never go on here, it does seem a little dishonest but I’m not spending the money on things that some people would want to hide (secret hotel rooms with other people etc) the money in the account is also not money we both have earned or money that should be for both of us,

Ad7 wrote:Worst 'I have two phones' post


:lol: that’s just how it looks on that photo, it was actually just the black plastic backing of the phone side of the case

Image

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by OrangeReindeer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Ad7 wrote:I bet she keeps the phone in her back pocket too :dread:


ofc

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:29 am

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't get the current trend of not sharing your finances with your partner, particularly if you're a married couple.

ImageImage
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:32 am

Jenuall wrote:Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't get the current trend of not sharing your finances with your partner, particularly if you're a married couple.


I have completely separate finances to my wife. I am not the greatest with money, but I am far better than her and am not risking being left with nothing 3 weeks before payday. :lol:

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:39 am

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't get the current trend of not sharing your finances with your partner, particularly if you're a married couple.


I have completely separate finances to my wife. I am not the greatest with money, but I am far better than her and am not risking being left with nothing 3 weeks before payday. :lol:


Oh I get that people may nominate one or the other to take the lead in managing the finances as they are naturally better at budgeting, saving and the like. But that would still be a conversation that involves awareness of everyone's finances and that I see both parties having involvement in, even if one is ultimately "in charge".

It's more the idea that you* would hide finances from your partner that troubles me, either you're in something together or you aren't. I love you enough to commit 60% of myself to you, but the other 40% is just for me and you will never know about it!


*EDIT: This is a general "you", I'm not targetting anyone specifically here!

ImageImage
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:42 am

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't get the current trend of not sharing your finances with your partner, particularly if you're a married couple.


I have completely separate finances to my wife. I am not the greatest with money, but I am far better than her and am not risking being left with nothing 3 weeks before payday. :lol:


Oh I get that people may nominate one or the other to take the lead in managing the finances as they are naturally better at budgeting, saving and the like. But that would still be a conversation that involves awareness of everyone's finances and that I see both parties having involvement in, even if one is ultimately "in charge".

It's more the idea that you* would hide finances from your partner that troubles me, either you're in something together or you aren't. I love you enough to commit 60% of myself to you, but the other 40% is just for me and you will never know about it!


*EDIT: This is a general "you", I'm not targetting anyone specifically here!


I don’t hide anything from her, but we are completely separate. I pay the bills and mortgage and she has a standing order to pay her contribution into my account every month.

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:51 am

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't get the current trend of not sharing your finances with your partner, particularly if you're a married couple.


I have completely separate finances to my wife. I am not the greatest with money, but I am far better than her and am not risking being left with nothing 3 weeks before payday. :lol:


Oh I get that people may nominate one or the other to take the lead in managing the finances as they are naturally better at budgeting, saving and the like. But that would still be a conversation that involves awareness of everyone's finances and that I see both parties having involvement in, even if one is ultimately "in charge".

It's more the idea that you* would hide finances from your partner that troubles me, either you're in something together or you aren't. I love you enough to commit 60% of myself to you, but the other 40% is just for me and you will never know about it!


*EDIT: This is a general "you", I'm not targetting anyone specifically here!


I don’t hide anything from her, but we are completely separate. I pay the bills and mortgage and she has a standing order to pay her contribution into my account every month.


This is a situation that seems perfectly reasonable - one person is taking more of a lead on the financial side of things, but ultimately it is still a shared aspect of your lives.

Like I say it's just this concept that everyone should hold back a certain amount of the truth about their financial life from their partner which I struggle with, particularly as it seems to be a fairly common thing these days.

ImageImage
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:48 pm

False wrote:I got a £70 Lancel wallet for holiday last week, but I got it for £6 because my dodgy girlfriend swapped the price sticker from another wallet onto it for me. What an angel she is.

:shock: that is stealing!

User avatar
False
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by False » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Oh gooseberry fool Im gonna turn her in

Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Green Gecko » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:02 am

I did that once but for a Filofax, I swapped the inserts. Jail me

It was a present for my mum as well. From Smiths. Terrible.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Benzin, Bing [Bot], Bunni, Chestnut Snowleaves, Garth of Christmas Future, Jerusalime, lex-man, Preezy, The Cuttcracker Suite and 67 guests