Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One. Events every weekend.

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Hime » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Photek wrote:
Hime wrote:These games are shameless rip off's but this is what happens when you have such a massive hit.

So they should be sued to protect the industry that Sam seems to care so much about.

I'm not arguing with you man, I tried Fortnite for the first time this weekend and couldn't believe how similar it is to PUBG. As others have said though, it's a dangerous precedent. Which element of the game can they legitimately claim to be a unique creation?

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Photek » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:
Photek wrote:
Hime wrote:These games are shameless rip off's but this is what happens when you have such a massive hit.

So they should be sued to protect the industry that Sam seems to care so much about.

Don't you? There are military shooters, there are battles royale games, are they all going to start suing each other? I'm not actually suggesting this is going to happen, but I'm not keen on this activity getting a foothold. You just have to do it better than your competitors if you want to make the copycats irrelevant.

I care about people’s intellectual property, you said you hoped their efforts to sue ‘crash and burn’ for the good of the ‘Industry’ negating the fact that the copycats are actively hurting it. You even face palmed PUBG Corp for doing so.

How are people ok with game clones? I mean... seriously WTF?

Again, they are not suing all Battle Royale games just PUBG clones that look and play like it. On mobile phones. It seems perfectly reasonable. :fp:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Samuel_1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Photek wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Photek wrote:
Hime wrote:These games are shameless rip off's but this is what happens when you have such a massive hit.

So they should be sued to protect the industry that Sam seems to care so much about.

Don't you? There are military shooters, there are battles royale games, are they all going to start suing each other? I'm not actually suggesting this is going to happen, but I'm not keen on this activity getting a foothold. You just have to do it better than your competitors if you want to make the copycats irrelevant.

I care about people’s intellectual property, you said you hoped their efforts to sue ‘crash and burn’ for the good of the ‘Industry’ negating the fact that the copycats are actively hurting it. You even face palmed PUBG Corp for doing so.

How are people ok with game clones? I mean... seriously WTF?

Again, they are not suing all Battle Royale games just PUBG clones that look and play like it. On mobile phones. It seems perfectly reasonable. :fp:

Well, then the battle royale film company should sue PUBG for using a frying pan in their game, they came up with it. As I said, just be better than the competition and it shouldn't be a problem.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Photek » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:11 pm

:lol:

Incredible. You’ve somehow missed the point spectacularly.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Photek » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:14 pm


Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Samuel_1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Photek wrote::lol:

Incredible. You’ve somehow missed the point spectacularly.

They're suing mobile copycats now, but if successful, will they stop there? Are these copycats really hurting the industry? I doubt they've had much of an impact on bluehole's balance sheet.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by KjGarly » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:40 pm

I think one of the main criticisms of the claim is the frying pan Photek which is what everyone is baffled at. Maybe Steam should sue them because hey-ho they had a frying pan in Team Fortress 2. Fair enough sue the gooseberry fool out of them for ripping off your game completely, even down to locations and the way areas are set out (docks etc) but over the use of a frying pan? I hope they fail with that one.

Image Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by rinks » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Reeves and Mortimer used a frying pan as a weapon in the 90s.

And I believe Pauline Fowler once hurled one at Arthur.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
Zartan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Zartan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:
Photek wrote::lol:

Incredible. You’ve somehow missed the point spectacularly.

They're suing mobile copycats now, but if successful, will they stop there? Are these copycats really hurting the industry? I doubt they've had much of an impact on bluehole's balance sheet.

It is not a new thing it happens all the time
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/3400 ... ue-legends
LOL is just a dota clone as well do not forget, and no they have not sued HoN, Dota2, or HotS

If you made a game that was a blatant pokemon rip off and started making serious money on the app store, I can guarantee that a whole army of Nintendo lawyers will be beating down your door.

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Monkey Man » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:43 am



From April 19 – 22, Xbox Live Gold members are invited to drop in to the global PUBG phenomenon for free.

Image
User avatar
Finish.Last
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Finish.Last » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:29 am

Photek wrote: You even face palmed PUBG Corp


:shock: The bastard!

I called off his players' names as they came marching up the steps behind him....All nice guys. They'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Saint of Killers » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:40 am

rinks wrote:Reeves and Mortimer used a frying pan as a weapon in the 90s.

And I believe Pauline Fowler once hurled one at Arthur.



| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by rinks » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
rinks wrote:Reeves and Mortimer used a frying pan as a weapon in the 90s.

And I believe Pauline Fowler once hurled one at Arthur.




Ha, of course! Another classic. The PUBG case gets weaker and weaker.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Photek » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Mate shot driver of buggy out of his car and I ran him over while he shot at his body, UNBELIEVABLY he survived so had to run him over AGAIN!

Image

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by KjGarly » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:10 pm

It actually looks so much easier getting kills on Xbone :lol:

Today's only kill so far..

Image

This is by far the toughest, sweaty-palm inducing kill I've done so far..

Image

Image Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Hime » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:14 pm

Photek wrote:Mate shot driver of buggy out of his car and I ran him over while he shot at his body, UNBELIEVABLY he survived so had to run him over AGAIN!

Image

Your videos make the game look like a lot of fun wth a group.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Photek » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Hime wrote:
Photek wrote:Mate shot driver of buggy out of his car and I ran him over while he shot at his body, UNBELIEVABLY he survived so had to run him over AGAIN!

Image

Your videos make the game look like a lot of fun wth a group.

It’s the best Co-op game I’ve ever played. Seriously.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Hime » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Photek wrote:
Hime wrote:
Photek wrote:Mate shot driver of buggy out of his car and I ran him over while he shot at his body, UNBELIEVABLY he survived so had to run him over AGAIN!

Image

Your videos make the game look like a lot of fun wth a group.

It’s the best Co-op game I’ve ever played. Seriously.

I understand why it's not but I wish it was easier to get that experience with randoms.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by Photek » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 pm

Yeah but even in duo’s it’s great, with 3-4 mates it’s god tier. Maybe we can get a grcade squad going some day.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds [PUBG] - Out now on Steam and Xbox One Preview.
by KjGarly » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:38 pm

I love squading with random, no, seriously. Nothing better than a group choosing a busy and gooseberry fool miles from the safe zone spot and while your off looting other buildings away from your squad because they just suck up every bit of gooseberry fool they find in buildings and they all die then bitch 'why u play squad blah blah cock u liek de cock'

Lads, your all dead and I'm not 8-)

<dies a minute later.

Start the cycle again.

Every now and again you get a good squad. Last game was in a belter squad, managed 3 kills before my daughter threw a tantrum and I had to go tell her what for. Came back as the last of my health depleted due to being in the blue area. I wasn't best pleased.

Image Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brerlappin, BTB, Cuttooth, Dig Dug, Gemini73, Google [Bot], Green Gecko, Hime, Kriken, Manwell Pablo, NickSCFC, OldSoulCyborg, Quantum Name, Robbo-92, souljahsstory, Tafdolphin, Wedgie and 63 guests