PlayStation 4 Chat II | May's PS+ Games P.223

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Preezy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:19 am

I charge my Dualshocks whilst playing using an iPhone socket next to my sofa.
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Saint of Killers » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:45 am

I ruined my primary DS4 battery by letting it drain before bothering to recharge, I did this numerous times and now my baterry drains ridiculously quickly. So quickly that I just don't bother disconnecting the cable. I have a few spare DS4's (new and refurbished ones) but I really cba swapping it. And I'll be getting a Pro soonish anyway, so will just move on to using that.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Moggy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:56 am

My battery doesn’t seem to last too long but there is a mains socket right next to where I play PS4 games so it’s not too much hassle to just plug it in there.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Death's Head » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:05 am

Saint of Killers wrote:and now my baterry drains ridiculously quickly. So quickly that I just don't bother disconnecting the cable.


Does it last long enough to trade it in at CEX? :shifty:

I only have 2 controllers (gave the third to my son to use with his PC) and whilst I'm using one, the other is always plugged in and charging from the PS4. I probably have to swap them every few days (probably 6-8 hours usage from each charge).
Yes?
User avatar
Cal
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Cal » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:17 am

Remembered I had a spare 1TB USB3 Passport external drive I bought for my (never used) Laptop, so hooked it up to my PS4Pro over the weekend. Bingo - works perfectly. Spent the entire weekend loading games onto it. Very happy with the extra storage.

As far as Boost Mode goes, I've noticed CoD Ghosts is now a much smoother experience, and Killzone Shadow Fall has never looked more impressive. I cannot understate just how gorgeous this game is - one the first PS4 games and it still impresses more than many more recent games. An absolute joy to play on Pro with an unlocked framerate. It's just fun revisiting older games with all this added power. I feel as if the PS4Pro is only now getting into its stride and proving its worth.
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Saint of Killers » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:34 am

Death's Head wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:and now my baterry drains ridiculously quickly. So quickly that I just don't bother disconnecting the cable.


Does it last long enough to trade it in at CEX? :shifty:

I only have 2 controllers (gave the third to my son to use with his PC) and whilst I'm using one, the other is always plugged in and charging from the PS4. I probably have to swap them every few days (probably 6-8 hours usage from each charge).


:slol: Such shady behaviour never once crossed my mind.
A fully charged battery will be down to final bar/require charging after three gaming sessions lasting between 2-4 hours. So yeah, it's not in great nick but I can live with it, and if it gets any worse I have the back-up pads.

I'll probably keep the Pro DS4 to wired mode, too, as the newer DS4's have USB communication meaning that, when they're in wired mode, they register commands faster than in wireless mode. (Which is how older DS4's communicate even when charging.)
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by jawafour » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:53 pm

>>> Heads-up: free Persona 5 dynamic theme <<<

I don't know if it's *meant* to be free, but on the Store you can currently download a Persona 5 Yusuke Kitigawa "pre-order" theme for nothing. It's a really good one, too; some great dynamic graphics and a cool backing track.

Go to Games\Themes & Avatars\Themes to download it :-).
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Preezy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:42 am

I've noticed recently that the left analogue stick on one of my dual shocks constantly drifts forward in-game (on the Y-axis). Makes clearing mines in MGS5 a bit more tense! Seriously though it's a pain in the arse and I'm worried it's permanently borked.

Anyone else encountered this issue?
Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Death's Head » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:25 am

Had this on a PS3 controller. Can't remember if it was Dead Space or DS2, but it made me walk into an instant death situation, multiple times.
Yes?
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Peter Crisp » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:12 am

Ever since I got my Pro I've had this odd issue that even when wired the controller will randomly shut down and just pick a direction and decide that's where you're going for about 5 or 10 seconds while the pad shuts down and I can press the PS button to restart it.
It happens enough to be noticeable but not enough that it becomes a huge problem.
jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Harry Bizzle
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Harry Bizzle » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:39 pm



This seems like the only way for them to not have this game become immediately irrelevant.

See also: Whatever that game Cliffy B is working on is called.
instagram: @habiz
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Lagamorph » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hackers announced for PS4 & Vita :toot:
A sequel to the first Cyber Sleuth game set in the same game world and using the same core mechanics, so more traditional JRPG style than Next Order.

Hope it gets a dub this time.
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
AndyXL
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by AndyXL » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 pm

I have an urgent request for help from my sister!

Basically, her life is a nightmare because of my 2 nephews always arguing about their FIFA and PSN accounts on PS4...

I think they only have 1 subscription to PSN for one of the kids - but that means they can only build one Fifa team and they keep on deleting each others players, which is causing unbelievable stress.

So is there anyway around this? Do you need 2 accounts and 2 subscriptions for the FIFA stuff to work? Do you also need 2 EA subscriptions?

I have neither Fifa nor PSN, so have no idea...but any help would make for a much calmer household!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Saint of Killers » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:52 pm

AndyXL wrote:I have an urgent request for help from my sister!

Basically, her life is a nightmare because of my 2 nephews always arguing about their FIFA and PSN accounts on PS4...

I think they only have 1 subscription to PSN for one of the kids - but that means they can only build one Fifa team and they keep on deleting each others players, which is causing unbelievable stress.

So is there anyway around this? Do you need 2 accounts and 2 subscriptions for the FIFA stuff to work? Do you also need 2 EA subscriptions?

I have neither Fifa nor PSN, so have no idea...but any help would make for a much calmer household!


I have no idea how FIFA works, but if one account has PS+ then PS+ is available to all accounts on that PS4, not just the account PS+ was redeemed on. That should mean they get to play their own game on their own PS4 user account, meaning no need to delete the other's gooseberry fool. No?
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Saint of Killers » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:24 am

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Samuel_1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Some of those look like they may have real potential. I wonder if any of them will make it to the west.......?
Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
AndyXL
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by AndyXL » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
AndyXL wrote:I have an urgent request for help from my sister!

Basically, her life is a nightmare because of my 2 nephews always arguing about their FIFA and PSN accounts on PS4...

I think they only have 1 subscription to PSN for one of the kids - but that means they can only build one Fifa team and they keep on deleting each others players, which is causing unbelievable stress.

So is there anyway around this? Do you need 2 accounts and 2 subscriptions for the FIFA stuff to work? Do you also need 2 EA subscriptions?

I have neither Fifa nor PSN, so have no idea...but any help would make for a much calmer household!


I have no idea how FIFA works, but if one account has PS+ then PS+ is available to all accounts on that PS4, not just the account PS+ was redeemed on. That should mean they get to play their own game on their own PS4 user account, meaning no need to delete the other's gooseberry fool. No?


Ah, thanks! So one PS4 Plus account can be shared across multiple users on the same console?
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by Death's Head » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Sort of. If the primary account is PSN+, any other account on the same PS4 can login and play online.
Yes?
AndyXL
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | FW 4.50 Detailed | External HDD Support Added | Out Now
by AndyXL » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Death's Head wrote:Sort of. If the primary account is PSN+, any other account on the same PS4 can login and play online.


Ah, so what if a non-primary account is PSN+? Does that have to be made the primary account first?

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balloon Sod, chanticleer, ignition, Poser, Trelliz, Xeno, Yahoo [Bot] and 47 guests