PlayStation 4 Chat II | Tokyo Gameshow Press Conference - 19th Sep 8AM

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by Tragic Magic » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:44 pm

So this is weird. I just turned on my PS4 and 3 different people who I've never heard of have added me to separate groups last night and each person has just said "Hello".

The user names are triga_hh, kelsie_curvy and nath1760_squirts.

Should I be worried, is this some kind of scam? I assume if I don't talk to them they won't be able to do anything?

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by Ad7 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:47 pm

I've had the same happen, suddenly getting a shitload of spam via psn.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by jawafour » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:21 pm

[Note: Continued from the PlayStation Store chat thread]

Peter Crisp wrote:...all the years I've had PSN this is the first time I've had people just out of nowhere try and contact me.

Dat First Contact experience :datass: .

Some time ago I went into settings and stopped anyone but friends messaging me. Playing PES online pretty regularly, it became a bit of a necessity.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by KK » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Pfft, many beautiful women with their tits out try and chat me up on PSN and Twitter all the time... :datass:

It's all sugar daddy and cam site related; i.e. spam. Only a Wayne Rumney would fool for it.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by Lagamorph » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:56 pm

I've started getting random messages from people on PSN this last week or two as well. Never happened before.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by Ad7 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:03 pm

It's because of the psn price hike, they know we're all flush with cash.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by KK » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Well there was that dodgy survey Sony released during the early years of PS3 that made out that all owners were practically James Bond. Maybe in Romania they have only just discovered this news.

Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by KingK » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:22 pm

I got 6 friend requests all at the same time last night, all weird names and all with zero trophies. Just blocked the lot instantly. Bot programs I guess

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by Peter Crisp » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:55 pm

KK wrote:Well there was that dodgy survey Sony released during the early years of PS3 that made out that all owners were practically James Bond. Maybe in Romania they have only just discovered this news.


Stu, Ric and I did recently eliminate an entire drug cartel while destroying half the worlds supply of helicopters so I think being called James Bond is a downgrade.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by BID0 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:08 am

There was a wave of that on Live last month and then PSN last week or the week before.

Probably the strangest place to send those kind of messages yet :lol:

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by Buffalo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:17 am

Same here.

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by Poser » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:15 am

Tragic Magic wrote:So this is weird. I just turned on my PS4 and 3 different people who I've never heard of have added me to separate groups last night and each person has just said "Hello".

The user names are triga_hh, kelsie_curvy and nath1760_squirts.

Should I be worried, is this some kind of scam? I assume if I don't talk to them they won't be able to do anything?


Buffalo wrote:Same here.



Ad7 wrote:I've had the same happen, suddenly getting a shitload of spam via psn.


Yep, me four.

Might have to change my settings so I can't be messaged by non-contacts.

Image
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by BOR » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:16 am

Poser wrote:
Tragic Magic wrote:So this is weird. I just turned on my PS4 and 3 different people who I've never heard of have added me to separate groups last night and each person has just said "Hello".

The user names are triga_hh, kelsie_curvy and nath1760_squirts.

Should I be worried, is this some kind of scam? I assume if I don't talk to them they won't be able to do anything?


Buffalo wrote:Same here.



Ad7 wrote:I've had the same happen, suddenly getting a shitload of spam via psn.


Yep, me four.

Might have to change my settings so I can't be messaged by non-contacts.

And, me five.

I will need to change my settings later.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by NickSCFC » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Image

Image Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by Ad7 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:05 pm

Thank knack2

Edit: what a typo :datass:

BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by BOR » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:42 pm

Knack 2 for free?

Grab it while it's available!

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-nz/ ... 0000000000

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by Peter Crisp » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:45 pm

Says £30 for me.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by KK » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Says FREE until you log in, and then it's £29.99. Probably means the demo.

Image
User avatar
MrKirov
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by MrKirov » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:04 pm

It's the New Zealand PSN.

Create a New Zealand account, go on the PSN store there and it's free for some reason- I've got it downloading now- 35gb.

Pop it while it's hot and all that.

User avatar
MrKirov
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat II | Paris Media Showcase Dated - 30th October
by MrKirov » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:10 pm

Now free in France and Italy too... possibly places where it's after 12pm... they giving this away on purpose?


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], chanticleer, gamerforever, Garth, IAmTheSaladMan, Mafro, Peter Crisp, Skippy, Ste, Trelliz, Xeno, Yoshimi and 61 guests